Cellulite & Stretch marks

Options
2»

Replies

• Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was actually just reading about the cellulite thing. From my understanding there are three levels the 1) where you pinch your skin and see it, 2) where its slightly visible, and 3) where its super visible. The first one is easy to be removed. The second one can be firmed but the third is way harder to get rid of and probably wont get rid of it completely without further kinds of treatments other than losing weight. Either way the more weight you lose and tone up it will become less visible which is the key. Also Men's skin and fat is kinda like a chain link fence which is why its harder for them to get cellulite (jerks lol) while our collegian in our skin is set up parallel so we get these pockets of fat. The toning creams target the skin and help with appearance but not the cause and wont last forever. there is also a heating device doctors can use to break up the fat. I'd say lose the weight they will appear different and if your still not satisfied look into the heating device. Either way your body is beautiful flaws in all, just remember that.
  • MajestyGisMe
    MajestyGisMe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    tanning supposedly makes stretch marks look better. i'd personally rather have stretch marks than orange skin though.
    i'm covered in them, so there's no hope for me, haha.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cellulite can be helped (not cured, though) by weight training. Stretch marks are actual scars so there are a few creams that can help.. I have both. Stretch marks riddle my stomach and cellulite all over my legs. I absolutely hate it.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    The first time I got stretch marks was about 9 years ago (I got very large very fast when I hit puberty). They were red at first and now they are barely noticeable. I am not sure if this helps but I use 1 part coconut and 1 part grape-seed oil with any essential oil I like and I rub it all over a few times a week. Not sure if that helped but it works wonders for skin. There is nothing that can get rid of them, unfortunately.
  • belinus
    belinus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One tip I saw for stretch marks was to buy high dosage Vitamin E gel-caps. Take a cap and puncture it with a pin and then apply the contents directly on the stretch marks. It's actually cheaper than buying Vitamin E oils and stuff.
  • hpage84
    hpage84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't weight train, but in my experience just losing weight will help with the appearance of cellulite. I'm 5'7 and when I was ~150 the cellulite was very visible and extended halfway down the back of my thighs. Now I'm 142 there's much less (though it's still there) and it's just at the top of my thighs where they meet my butt. Just keep with your program, whatever it is, and it'll eventually be minimized.
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been away for several months, and now getting back on track, and cellulite is my main worry - I don't actually mind the proportions of my body (44-32-48, a waist:hip ratio of 0.67) but my thighs and bum are absolutely revolting. I look like I've been tenderised! Going to have to start working on weights, methinks.

Oh - and I've noticed mine gets worse when I'm retaining water!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    oh what a hoot you are:) I came online to find out if you can actually get rid of cellulite:) and found your post, tenderized, yeah, I can relate;)

Denise:)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Oh, thanks for this link!!

denise
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy helps. Pretty much got rid of all the cellulite on my butt and thighs. Stretch marks, all they do is fade in my experience but you can still notice them. Doubt creams help lol.
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    take this with a grain of salt... i read somewhere and i cant remember where now, that while your puting lotion on if you rub circles over your cellulite it helps break up the fat. i imagine you rub pretty firm, lol not draw light circle over them like some voodoo stuff. now! idk if this is right i have not really tried it consistantly. Im sure it takes time but... doesnt sound like it could hurt anything if you did try it. And if someone does let me know how it works.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Weight Training,Cardio and a CLEAN dite has made my Celluite almost gone! I have not worn short shorts in years....this year I am wearing them and very happy.It took me 2 monthsand 2 weeks to get this!As I said before Clean eating,weight training,and cardio!!!!!!!
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am still QUITE heavy (hovering at size 16/18) but I've lost 22 pounds so far in my journey, and my cellulite is substantially improved. I'm actually pretty shocked, I figured I'd have to be at my goal weight before I'd see any improvement there, but it's gotten much better already. It is hereditary, even some people I know who are size 2/4/6 have it, but it can definitely be improved upon. I can say though, nothing topical will work lol. I've probably tried every anti-cellulite cream and lotion there is in a drugstore, and none of them did anything.

As far as stretch marks go, mine seem to have improved as well. They're still there of course, but the strongest ones have gotten lighter and smaller, and some that I got years ago are almost gone. I think stretch marks ARE actually helped by lotions, because in the last five years my skin has gotten incredibly dry (combo of meds/health stuff and swimming so much) so I'm a lotion-a-holic now, and I've noticed major improvements in my stretch marks since.
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump! and ditto the vitamin e pills, i have been using them for about 2 days and already see a difference on the stretch marks!
  • EmmaEats
    EmmaEats Posts: 6
    Options
    I got stretch marks when I gained weight. But I haven't gained in a while now. My body stayed pretty much the same, I even lost a little and I want to lose more. But I still get new stretch marks!! Why? My thighs look awful right now :(
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not responding sooner!
    Ive heard rubbing vitamin E oil into the area helps. Also heard of butter creams like shea butter. But then i also heard none of these works lol. I know excersize will help but mine are everywhere: arms . Theighs. Butt. Tummy.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!