Headphones?

Options
Are there any good workout headphones out there? Mine are constantly falling out when I run.

Replies

• Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Kind of spendy, but I recently splurged on the Bose. They have a soft rubber earpiece that fits inside the curve of your ear and is super comfortable. They send you three different sizes. Test wore them to a 5K and they stayed in place the whole time! I got mine on Amazon for $69 I believe.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love my Yurbuds (yurbuds.com)
  • khand58
    khand58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sony's ultra-lightweight headphones - I have run with them for years and they are the most comfortable ones I have ever worn and NEVER ever fall off. I panicked when my last pair stopped working (after hundreds of miles) but found them on Amazon and ordered 2. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Lightweight-MDR-W08L-In-The-Ear-Headphones/dp/B00005N6KG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340326116&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+headphones
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I never have issues with Skull Candy earphones. And the bass is awesome...if you're into that. :-)
  • wpat414
    wpat414 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got the yurbuds too. Only had them for a week but so far they have been staying in my ears no problem during runs and indoor workouts.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    LOL, I use this crazy cheap pair of old school headphones that came with a t-shirt from walmart! They never go anywhere, don't hurt my ears and sound great!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I was at Target a few weeks ago and bought some $11 over the ear earphones from Phillips. Ok, so they aren't cute.... but they definitely stay in!!!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Duct tape :laugh:
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Skull candy makes a set that have rubber things that go around your ear. Very comfortable, sound good, and do NOT fall out. Also low cost - got mine at Radio Shack.
  • jonnyblackfoot
    Options
    jaybird freedom are awesome
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    Target has a pair of $9.99 ones that are in a G shape, they loop around your ears and the bud sits right outside the opening of your Ear. They are impossible to fall off. You might loss a little sound quality since the buds don't actually insert inside your ear, but they make up for it in stability. I use to run and my skull candy buds would fall out so i switch to those and never had a problem. They are unattractive and make it look like you have two hearing aids but who cares when you're burning right ?
  • richesandwonders
    richesandwonders Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use the Sony MDR-AS20J Active Style Headphones. They have loops that go entirely around your ears so they don't fall out.
    I wear them running and biking and they don't slip out. My ears even get sweaty and gross but they stay in. I've had these for over a year and they still sound great.

You can get them on Amazon for about $15.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys.
  • salemnye
    salemnye Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My headphones crapped out before I had really gotten into exercising (aka this month) so I knew I was gonna get into running so I got headphones that wrap around your ear. I didn't want to constantly shove the earpiece back in while running so yeah :)

My brand is Phillips
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I never have issues with Skull Candy earphones. And the bass is awesome...if you're into that. :-)

Same here, Skullcandy ftw.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Same here, Skullcandy ftw.
    Cheaply made and they don't offer protection from sweat.

To the OP, you want to look for brands that are designed not to get wet. Expect to pay money for a good set of headphones. Music is an important factor in working out, so why go cheap in that area?
  • olivia_sweeetie13
    Options
    Gummie headphones work! I absolutely love mine <3
  • PatByrne82
    PatByrne82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sennheiser Adidas MX 680
    about $50-$70
  • brennamurphy42
    Options
    I use a pair that are apparently called IFROGZ headphones, ear pollution plugs. I have several ear piercings that make it really difficult to get headphones to stay in my ears, but these ones are a different shape (more pointy) that go into your ears further. That shape also makes them stay in really well while working out. And they're only $10-$15, depending on where you buy them.