De-motivated by the doctor!

Options

Replies

• bettyh12
    bettyh12 Posts: 8
    Options
    It may take some looking, but do yourself a favor and find a doctor that is on your side and believes what you are saying. There are good ones out there!
    :flowerforyou:
  • smartin9912
    smartin9912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree...new doc! I left my doctor after I spent several visits explaining to her how I ate, worked out, counted calories logged workouts and ate clean! Then she had the nerve to right on my lab work results..start a workout program and a low fat diet......seriously what a douche!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i agree with the other.. a new doctor is needed!! I know exactly what you're talking about though.... years ago i went to a group practice and only saw the one. After losing 18 lbs in 2 months i got the other doctor who walked into the room, looked up from the chart to me and said "you're too pretty to be this FAT". I pointed out the weight loss and he said "not good enough, try harder". I did try harder.. to find a new doctor.
  • DyamonDyva
    DyamonDyva Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's time for you to get a new Doctor You are doing great with your effect As the weight comes off your have more energy to do even more KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :happy: :bigsmile: :smile: ....My doctor would have been happy with the progress....considering she has been asking that I lose 30 pounds since October....and my total weight lose now is about 11 pound lost more but gained it back.javascript:add_smiley('smile','post_body').... So back on my GRIND..
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    SHE SUCKS! YOU RULE. Dump her.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Last time I decieded to get a new Doctor I went in and INTERVIEWED him.(Whow!!! what a concept) This threw him for a loop... they seem to forget that we are acutally hiring them to provide a service to us. Remember there are many other Doctors who is glad to take your money....
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Look at it another way.
    Most doctors say nothing. At least yours is actually pushing you to strive for health and fitness though her bedside manor could sure improve. You're doing just fine!
    KEEP PUNCHING:flowerforyou:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    As with any important endeavor in life...find someone who gives a shyte.

This is not the dude changing the tires on your car. This is your health you're dealing with. Find someone who cares.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sounds like most of us are in agreement -time to get a new doctor. You're losing at a good, sustainable rate. You need someone who's going to support you on your weight loss journey.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Find a new doctor.

This

I just saw my dr today and he praised me for losing 42 lbs and for working out, infact, he told me to cut back on my wo ( my legs have been hurting). What a difference in doctors I just saw one this Monday and I so didn't like her so I switched to this one. Please switch if the doctor is rude rememember ur paying them for their services.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that say to find a new doctor. I went to the doctor 3 weeks after starting this new way of life, I had lost 8 lbs and my doctor was thrilled. She asked me what I had been doing and said that was great and to keep up the good work.
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I would definitely look into getting a new doctor.
  • n_rockey
    n_rockey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. After I left there I completely had the urge to go buy a king sized candy bar and eat the whole thing. Luckily I resisted.

I do plan to change doctors as soon as I can though!
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is bull**** your doctor made you feel that way! Obviously, she has no idea how hard you've worked and how much of a struggle it is to lose weight and keep it off. Please be proud of your progress and don't let it break your stride! You have improved, made positive changes, and are going in the right direction. Congratulations!!! Fantastic job!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I must agree--fire your doctor! My doctor was very encouraging when I had lost a mere 6 pounds. 43 pounds down is nothing but worthy of a huge WAY TO GO!!! from your doc. There are good ones out there. Get another and be sure to let your soon-to-be ex-doctor know precisely (and politely) why you are leaving. I'm astounded by the lack of his/her professionalism and compassion, but, then again, I work in the veterinary world. Physicians could learn a great deal from veterinarians...........
  • Guineawuv
    Guineawuv Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree that you should get a new doctor, quick! I stopped seeing my gyno because she told me I was a bad mom for not trying hard enough to lose weight. I'm sorry, but I'm an emotional eater and that didn't help motivate me at all.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    get another doctor!!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    First...find a new doctor. I'm sorry this happened to you. Been there, done that. After losing 112 pounds in a year all my doctor could say was, "I want you to lose 15 more pounds." I wanted to tell him that people in hell want ice water.

You're doing great and keep on doing what you're doing. Screw the doc!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Remember who you are doing this for, YOU !!! What you feel has value and what that quack thinks matters not !!! Good job and keep up the work !!!!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sorry you were made to feel so crummy. How demoralizing!

Luckily, you have all of us telling you what I bet you already know: that you are doing a fantastic job! :flowerforyou: