I'm cutting out bread.. What to do about sandwiches?

Options

Replies

• sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I use Bib Lettuce as a substitute for bread.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Moderation .... have bread! Try having Sprouted Grain Bread..... Like Ezekial!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Red or green peppers, cut in half and seeded.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    What kind is 35 calories?

Good question - I stopped eating wraps - the whole wheat ones I had were 200 each
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just saw a blog post that someone shared on facebook where the woman used large bell pepper slices instead of bread. She sliced them in half then found what would be the largest, flattest pieces to make the sandwich. Looked great to me!

Edited to add: post above mine has the actual link!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    You can toss the sandwich fillings on top of a green salad. (I was going to suggest wrapping it up in the lettuce, like Korean BBQ, but several people beat me to it!) :-)
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    tortilla's maybe? i use whole wheat medium tortilla shells for lots of stuff from sandwiches to pizza crust. Might give it a try :)
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I love the Oroweat Sandwich Thins. 100 calories.
  • sagsaywaman
    sagsaywaman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Flat-out flat bread light has 90 calories and lots of fiber. If you really dont want to do bread, though, remember every sandwich really wants to be a salad when it grows up!:wink:
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Can use sandwich rounds- 100 Cal... and if you want to cut it even more, use 1/2.

We also will just roll up a couple slices of meat and cheese, and eat it that way.

Lettuce is another good option.
  • meliamom
    meliamom Posts: 23
    Options
    I have soup for lunch, either homemade or store-bought. It fills me up, and is very low calorie. :)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Good choice of things to cut. Bread has almost nothing good in it. But I do love to eat it on occasion. I agree with other posters lettuce works great. I also just roll up lunch-meat mustard and cheese and eat things that way. I eat tuna or chicken salad with a spoon and put all kinds of things like taco meat, lunch meat, cheese etc on a salad. Good luck eating less carbs :)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i just have salads! burrito bellies!

or i use very large-leafed lettuce to stuff and fold/ wrap. you could even use boiled cabbage (cabbage rolls are so delicious) or any soft, tender green
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    josephs flax pitas
    make your own bread with almond flour
    oopsies
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Try wrapping in lettuce or eat the fillings on a bed of lettuce.

THis is what I do! I call them Lettuce rollups!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    above suggestions plus rice cakes for pb&j. I love rice cakes - I've eaten them as snacks since I was little :heart:
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Try Josephs low carb pita's. They have only 60 calories for the whole pita and you can easily get filled with using just half. I even made an egg sandwich with one this morning for breakfast!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Do like KFC and put it between two chicken breasts.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    you could always, you know, just eat less bread. doesn't have to be all or none.