Jillian 30 day shred

Options
Any thoughts on the 30 day shred? How many cals does it burn and how long is the work out etc ?

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    20 minute workout.. I am not a fan, its very hard on the joints. Level 2 was the best part of it. I wont do it again..
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love it! I have that one AND ripped in 30 and both are great for me. There are 3 levels on each, with a high/low impact version of each level. I like it because it's only 20 minutes and I can be finished in the time it would've taken me just to drive to the gym.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was on level one which is 28 minutes. Its a hard workout when you first start out. I usually burned almost 500 cals, but I had to stop because it was rough on my knees. I am going to start again soon. Youtube 30 day shred, they have level one you can watch
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I log it as "circuit training". From memory, level 1 is about 25 mins and I was burning about 250 cals when I was 65kg. I think level 2 & 3 were about 30 mins.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I did the whole program last summer (followed by Ripped in 30 then 6 Week 6 Pack). I'm doing all three again this spring with Kickbox FastFix (and I'm getting another DVD this weekend). I do two levels a day and get 400-500 calories out of a workout, depending on what programs/levels I'm doing. A level of 30DS will generally be around 200 calories. It seemed harder when I did it the first time but I didn't have a HRM then so I don't know what I was burning.
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    I was on level one which is 28 minutes. Its a hard workout when you first start out. I usually burned almost 500 cals, but I had to stop because it was rough on my knees. I am going to start again soon. Youtube 30 day shred, they have level one you can watch
    Thanks I will check it out!!!
  • briannaoneill
    briannaoneill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log it in as Circuit Training-General on here.
    It's 23 minutes with 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. As long as you give it everything you've got it gives you a serious workout in a really short amount of time. I find once I put it in I have no other choice but to stop!

Every ten days you go to the next level, and there are three levels.
    I enjoy it and this is my second time doing it, school got in the way last time but I saw results in a week last time. Combined with healthy eating it really does wonders.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I've done 9 days so far: 4 on L1, 4 on L2 and 1 on L3.
    It's definitely tough and a bit demanding on your shoulders and quads. Certainly not for everyone.
    As far as calorie burn, it really depends on your effort and your weight. I use my HRM and I burn around 150 in the 27 minutes it takes to complete the whole video. That being said, (and I hate to say this) but I'm rather fit and small so it takes a lot to get my heart rate up.
  • latinahada
    latinahada Posts: 168
    Options
    I agree, it's hard on joints...With the warm up & cool down it is 26 minutes. I burn around 200 cals per my HRM. I have started it twice since last Oct., however it was SO hard on my knees that I stopped after the first several days into level 2. That being said, I'm doing it again but only level 1...And possibly level 3, as one of my friends said it's not so bad on the knees. It's quick & has a decent cal burn and I enjoy it...AND it does give amazing results too!! Good luck!
  • AlishaLStevens
    Options
    I had to stop it because it was hurting my knees. :( It is hard for a beginner.
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's super hard at first, but if you can make it to level 2 it gets easier and is totally worth it. Not good to start out on though if you haven't worked out in a long time. Build up to it.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Most have had excellent results with it. I completed it in about 40 days. She has a modifier for beginners so you may want to follow her first. Level 2 is the hardest. I had great results and my core is a lot stronger!! Best $9 I ever spent.
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    I am/supposed to be doing it right now. I have been working out since January and if I hadn't had all those boot camp classes I don't think I would have made it this far. I hurt my leg running Saturday, so I took a few days off of it. I did it Tuesday and it still hurt a litlle (my leg). I woundn't say I am never doing it again, I am getting results (lost 3 inches during first 10 days), but I am not going to permanently keep it in my strength training. I am, however, going to attempted to do it again in November for 30 days straight because I think it might help me get swimsuit ready right before I leave for a cruise in December.

Basically, if you have never worked out before realize that this is a hard workout and be prepared to stop/ modify more than she does/stay at lower level longer. If you have been working out for a while, it still kicks your butt, but in a good way.
  • TheDelaDarling_
    TheDelaDarling_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love it! I don't do it as a 30 day plan. I do it more as a supplement to my exercise routine. For example, this week I did 30 Day Shred Level 1 on Sunday, an hour long spinning class on Monday, a 30 minute run on Tuesday, an hour long spinning class on Wednesday, and 30 Day Shred Level 2 today. I like having a little weight training, but I don't find it's possible every day if I'm really pushing myself, so I vary it with cardio workouts.
  • RachelM0717
    Options
    I wouldn't do it if this is your very first time exercising, but if you've been going for awhile, it's a great program! It is hard on the joints -- knees, especially -- but as you do the program more and you strengthen the muscles around those joints, it gets easier and less painful. My knees used to creak just going up stairs, so you can imagine the cacophony a round of squats produced; however, it's a lot better now. I've even stopped wearing my brace when I work out. A couple of the causes of joint pain are excess weight and weak muscles -- this program hurts at first, but you will ultimately see the results and notice less joint pain. Just listen to your body and go with your gut if you think the pain is too bad or if it's more of a sharp, shooting pain rather than an ache.