you know what pisses me off??

Options
ls_66
ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
you bust your chops in the gym for hour and half and then look at your hrm and you didn't even burn 1000 calories.....

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    1000?

I don't understand how people get that kind of burn.

I need to work out over 2 hours to get 600.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    you bust your chops in the gym for hour and half and then look at your hrm and you didn't even burn 1000 calories.....

Bust your chops lol.

I know what you mean, but burning 1000 cals in one session is a hell of a lot of calories and the fitter you get the less you will burn because your body is getting so damned efficient.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    1000?

Two hours to get 600? What sort of training are you doing for that, just out of curiosity.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    1000?

I don't get that burn either...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    how about killing it and you barely get 500 :explode:

i remember the days 4-5 months ago when my kickboxing class i'd burn 900+ calories. the last time i went a few weeks ago the HRM said 550 and that's because i didnt turn it off immediately after class so it included my walk home. i even did all the frog jumps, burpees and sprints in that class and barely stopped to use the towel on my face
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I burned 522 on my 57 minute run this morning. I don't think I've ever burned above 550 in a single workout session.
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    1000?

Two hours to get 600? What sort of training are you doing for that, just out of curiosity.

The one (and only) day that I got that, I both lifted (with some stretching and rowing warm up) and later that day walked about 3.5 miles. I used MFP's estimates. I recorded it as

Strength training, 70 mins, 287 cal
    Mild Stretching, 10 mins, 35 cal
    Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace, 61 mins, 317 cal

I'll burn a lot swimming, too, but I rarely swim more than 20-25 mins, so it doesn't get that high.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I burn 1000+ easy, according to my HRM. Just alternating walking and running for an hour. But I'm really fat. So for those who are skinnier, I suppose you could buy a fatsuit and wear it while you workout. Bet you'd burn those calories in no time!

I actually do wonder if my HRM is accurate, especially since it goes by heartrate and I drink coffee like it's water. But it's all I have to go by.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    wow, after 20 minutes i'm dying. i can't even imagine 400 cals ;D
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    How about you get what you get.... and you don't get upset. :smokin:

Seriously...... enjoy the workout. Don't worry about the burn. The number is an ESTIMATE anyway.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options

Seriously...... enjoy the workout. Don't worry about the burn. The number is an ESTIMATE anyway.

Haa!! This cracked me up. My daughter's teacher used to say that to her "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"...

I'm with you though, my husband and I will go for a run and while I burn 350-450 he is burning 600...crazy!!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have to run for 2 hours to burn that many calories....

That is amazing.
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    I burn 1000+ easy, according to my HRM. Just alternating walking and running for an hour. But I'm really fat. So for those who are skinnier, I suppose you could buy a fatsuit and wear it while you workout. Bet you'd burn those calories in no time!

I actually do wonder if my HRM is accurate, especially since it goes by heartrate and I drink coffee like it's water. But it's all I have to go by.

lol you make me laugh :) my bf and I were just discussing the fat suit thing
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Last time I mowed the lawn with a 50lb pack on i burned 1,338 calories in 1 hour 45min. Got another session coming up soon
  • mariposa72004
    mariposa72004 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Haa!! This cracked me up. My daughter's teacher used to say that to her "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"...

I'm with you though, my husband and I will go for a run and while I burn 350-450 he is burning 600...crazy!!

LOL exactly what my daughters teacher tell her. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh: @ the fat suit

once i ever reach my goal weight, i want to put on a fat suit of my old weight just to feel how far i've come
  • Nadvicza
    Nadvicza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I takes alot to burn 1000, you can't all ways reach that goal!! I usually have to spend at least 2 to 3 hours in the gym to burn that much!