When you are working out and feel like giving up.......

Options
1235»

Replies

• Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym and half way thru i want to quit, i look at all the other ppl working on their stamina and think if they can do it i will to no matter what..i also look at my hrm and say i will burn this amount, no stopping
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It only hurts when I STOP running.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    When I'm running on a treadmill, I focus on my breath and think you can go until the song's over and see if you need to slow down then, and then just repeat that once the song ends.

When I'm on the track, I start each lap thinking "You have 11 in your heart? Hell yes, I do!" and then I just repeat it in my head throughout the lap when I'm struggling.

When I'm running outdoors, I'm thinking, "Oh crap, don't fall, bump in the road, uh oh incline, next light pole you can stop, don't fall, was that a dog turd, keep running, ok next light pole."
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    just keep swimming (from the movie finding Nemo but there's a lot of truth to it)
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I break it down minute by minute if I have to. Just get to the end of this minute then we'll see. Okay you only have 2 minutes left, you can do this. That type of thing.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you want to like what you see, then get moving
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i just call myself a fat cow
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Getting to the Gym was the hardest part for me. Then I started saying I only have to go for 10 minutes if I hate it then I can leave. (I'm thinking if it's torture I'll never maintain it. I want to associate the gym with POSITIVE feelings. )

Most of the time I go at lunch time. At first I'd go with the 10 min minimum in mind and stay 20... now some days my boss is yelling at me for being gone 1-1/2 hours at lunch.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I just have to remember a single kiss... from my mother.

We knew these was her final days, just didn't know when. The night before, the kiss she was resting and all of us was going in one at a time to say our final goodbyes. As I finish with mine, I took her hand and just kissed it softly, then kissed her forehead. Then left the room fighting back the tears. The Lord blessed us with a few more days with her. The next day while she was awake, I sat by her side, holding her hand, physically weak she lifted my hand and softly kissed it.

I don't need words or phrases to keep me going. Just a simple memory.... With that simple thought, I have been known to push out 4 more miles, I have yet to test other places.... for fear of weakening the meaning to me behind the memory
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    i just call myself a fat cow
    be nice to yourself :frown:
  • milzu
    milzu Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have many:

The burn is what you came here for. Make the most of it.
    That burn is you getting fitter. yee ha!
    Breathe. In two three Out two three.
    Nothing lasts forever. Three minutes is nothing. Breathe.

When doing hill sprints, I watch my dog as he runs ahead of me. He doesn't have any internal thoughts happening, he's just running. so I just run with him. That and "they run like the whips of their masters are behind them" (from Lord of the Rings, and I pretend like I"m running to save my friends too) Geeky I know!

When doing long sprints in Spin class, I close my eyes and picture my dog running alongside my bike, and we're racing each other. I'm sure people wonder why I smile so much while sprinting in class!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Eh, I use music to get me through. My main exercise is cycling (mountain and road), with a little running here and there. If I start out sucky or want to quit early, I'll put on my "power mix" and that gets me all fired up again. If necessary, I'll repeat the same silly "power song" as many times as it takes just to get my butt back home. And if I can't listen to music (like when riding in traffic or during races), I'll mentally "play" a certain song in my head the whole time.
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What doesn't kill me makes me Stronger
    Champions pay the price.
    Go Hard or go Home!
    You can do anything for 2 minutes.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If it's worth it, it isn't easy but if it's easy it isn't worth it!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    "GRRRRRRRHHMMMMMMMPPPPPPPHH".