HOT HOT HOT by the HOLIDAYS (yes, they're coming up)!

Options
124»

Replies

• Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. I will add more about me later. Oh my goodness that fridge looks awesome! Mine is a jumbled mess lol I have lost 40 pounds and have over 80 pounds more to go. I would like to lose 50 by the end of the year though on my journey to being fit. Hotness I can't even fathom I just don't feel like that is something I have ever been or will ever be....not that I am hideous but I am definitely not what society thinks of as good looking.

Welcome! But I gotta say in response to your post... What society thinks is hot is ridiculous and I've never fallen prey to that. To me, HOTNESS Is an attitude.... kind of like wearing a hat! I have so many hats and every time I wear one, somebody says, "Ooooh, you look so good in hats, I could never pull that off." Well, in all honestly, I don't know that i look good in hats, I just like them and therefore rock them and don't think about it! It's kinda the same thing! :D You will get where you need to be, you are already doing fabulous! Just keep up the good work!

:heart: As far as the thread/group goes I have never been one to get all pushy about goals, weigh ins or things like that. I find that it often scares people away and here, I want to bring people together in a nice and easy setting...

Now that is not say that I won't post mini challenges, or weigh in requests or food logs or post questions for you guys to think about, etc... I just don't want anyone to feel like THEY HAVE to do it or THAT THEY ARE A FAILURE if they don't do it.... I am going to write a lot in this thread as a motivation to myself (thanks for listening all) and a motivation for others, so people can SHARE WHATEVER THEY WANT! AS WE ALL GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER MORE, SOMETIMES IT FEELS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT THE BAD PMS THEIR HAVING, YA KNOW? :tongue: OR MAYBE WE WANT TO SHARE AN AWESOME NON SCALE VICTORY! OR A SCALE VICTORY! NO MATTER WHAT, WE WILL BE HERE!

:embarassed: As far as Groups go. I haven't really done one before, just always used a thread. Would it be easier to do a group? can anyone join? Can I close the group after a certain amount of time? LOL I like the thread because I feel more people can read it and be inspired, even if they never post but are just looking around. I believe that the more energy our thread has, even the silent readers, the more success will come! but you guys tell me what you think!
  • dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    Love to join!
    I had a hard time finding this, so a group would be good!
    I would like to lose 25-30lbs. by Christmas.
    I'm in the middle of making dinner (pita pizza with bell peppers, chicken, spinach, feta,) YUM!
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would love to loose as much as I could before the holidays. We took a family picture last year and I ruined it by looking like this. Also my older brother is getting married in October so that has been a real motivation too. I tend to sabatoge myself when I notice that I am loosing weight. I am making a real effort to control that.

Today I went swimming for and hour and plan on doing a workout tonight after my daughter goes to bed.

I was wondering what your youtube channel was, I have found jillian's 30 day shred on there but I am looking for the insanity videos. I have them ordered but they are taking forever to get here.

Thank you for being so excited about excersize and eating right. I love it!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi there Kim~ my name's Kim too. I love your energy...you seem so upbeat and positive! :happy:
    I would love to join this group! I have 20 more lbs. to lose b/4 reaching my goal weight and I would love to be at goal by Thanksgiving. The weight loss has definitely slowed down the closer I get to my goal.

My workout routine right now is Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred every other day and the other days I do either the elliptical or a long walk. Some days I will do a walk in the morning and then Jillian in the afternoon. I've been trying to get in more strength training...I have a weight bench in the basement that is neglected. So my goals for next week are to get in 20 minutes of lifting weights at least 3 days, 3 days of Jillian, 5 long walks (usually 50 minutes), and 2 days of elliptical....oh and 1 rest day of course! My rest day this week will be Saturday. Also planning it to be a cheat day since my husband and I are celebrating 7 yrs. of marriage. Going to a movie and Texas Roadhouse...getting a big ol' steak, haven't had one in forever! :smile:

A little more about me...I have 2 kiddos, my daughter is 4 and my son is 2. I am currently a stay at home mommy and I love it. Before having kids I was a special education teacher for 3 years. I will go back to teaching once my youngest is in Kindergarten.

I can't wait to get to know everyone! It seems like this will be a motivating group! :happy:
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for the green smoothie post. please include a recipe. I have tried it before but did not really like it. I am however a fan of greens in a salad. I buy a pack at Costco at least once a week of mixed baby greens. Speaking of which I should finish that up tomorrow since we are leaving in the afternoon.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hello Hello Hello! Oh man, what a great day! I went to a new aesthetican and seriously she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen! I mean, dressed up nice, good body, and the BEST SKIN EVER! I thought, "Wow this 40 year old broad is doing something right!" Everything was great, relaxing and included more massage than I expected, plus many extras and of course microdermabasion as well! I was sooooo relaxed, which doesn't happen often at new places for me. The mood/energy has to be just right. At the end of it, we talked about nutrition, juicing and it was all going well! A super bright soul with a super energetic energy! You can only imagine how we got along! :love: It was during this time that she told me she was 56! :noway: Talk about wow!!!! LOL Truly, her discipline has paid off!

Anyway, I share this experience because it's a great reminder that we (as in all us humans) CAN be healthy, fit, attractive and "young," looking! A lot of it though, comes from the inside and must shine out! :) Life is all about balance and we must learn to love the inside of ourselves as much as the outside. I know this can be hard to do, but it's a MUST! :)

Typically in society, we have people who look aesthetically pleasing or very "Hollywood," but they may not have the best self esteem or may be constantly comparing themselves to others... AKA- never truly happy or accepting of themselves. Then on the flip side, we have the beautiful souled person who goes above and beyond to help others, but never takes time out for themselves. Giving is good, but not if it is to the detriment of ones own happiness. After all, how you can really help somebody if you aren't happy/balanced yourself?

:heart: BALANCE! It's more than just something you need in your life, more than something that will help your yoga, more than just a word to say over and over without living by it... BALANCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR YOU TO SUCCEED WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS GOALS, WITH ANY OTHER GOALS YOU MAY HAVE, AND SOMETHING TO WORK ON!

:heart: I love this thread and I love that it's growing! But I'm going to play devil's advocate just for a second... Well, not really. But I just want you think about something...

In these posts, ask yourselves if you have "already given up" before you even started... If you have put yourself down before an introduction, or if you have already compared yourself to somebody here, thinking you could never do something ___ does... There are no names to name because this is a human trait. To be in balance, we must first become CONSCIOUS of how we talk about ourselves! It takes work and i'm working on it too! LOL My husband constantly tells me I'm too hard on myself and hold myself to the highest standards... And you bet I do! LOL After all, it is said that we are our worse critic...

So think about how you think of yourself. not just right now, but for the last week, month, year, decade...

:heart: :heart: :heart: THEN- I want you to either:
    a) write 5 things you love about yourself
    -or-
    B) think of 5 things (and really do it!
    OH AND SINCE THIS IS ABOUT INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL TRAITS, LIST BOTH!

:heart:

1. I love my quick wit and ability to banter with just about anyone I meet! :D
    2. I love my hair!
    3. I love my calves!
    4. I love my skin, for I have been blessed!
    5. I love my ability to see the silver lining in even the sh*ttiest of situations! I do this, to an ANNOYING degree! Just ask my husband! :tongue:
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Some people have asked me what I eat... Here are some pics that I posted in my blog:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KimWins999?month=201206

Have a great night :D
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    5 Things I Love about myself......

1) I love the fact that I am calm, cool and collected. One of my ex-bosses discribed me as having a light blue aura like calm water. While it can make meeting people and making friends a challenge as some people take it as snobbery I am the first person people come to in a crisis. The more pressure applied the more calm, logical and focused I become.

2) I love my ability to read anything and everything and become so engrossed that I lose track of reality.

3) I love that I have an unending supply of patience when it comes to children and people suffering from mental disabilities.

4) I love that after I had children my hair decided to finally grow longer than my shoulders.

5) I love my desire to teach others to read and pray that I will inspire future book lovers.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    5 Things I Love about myself......

1) I love the fact that I am calm, cool and collected. One of my ex-bosses discribed me as having a light blue aura like calm water. While it can make meeting people and making friends a challenge as some people take it as snobbery I am the first person people come to in a crisis. The more pressure applied the more calm, logical and focused I become.

2) I love my ability to read anything and everything and become so engrossed that I lose track of reality.

3) I love that I have an unending supply of patience when it comes to children and people suffering from mental disabilities.

4) I love that after I had children my hair decided to finally grow longer than my shoulders.

5) I love my desire to teach others to read and pray that I will inspire future book lovers.

nice!
  • renee_chan
    renee_chan Posts: 10
    Options
    I want to join! I'd love to loose another 27 pounds by the holidays. I'm already down 2! I've been doing belly dance, pilates, and brisk walking. I LOVE to dance and throw everything I have into it, so after an hour the floor is spotted with sweat. I'm also including more fresh fruits and veggies in my diet and trying to cut down on carbs. Since I've started eating better I noticed my mood is a lot better. I just feel better all over!

5 things I love about myself:
    1) I'm loyal and honest
    2) I'm compassionate
    3) I'm a smarty pants!
    4) I love my hair
    5) I'm quirky
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do like the group thing better than the thread, but will do whatever majority or Kim decides.

5 things I love about myself:

1) I love that my skin is tan-ish and I have rarely burned
    2) I can always be counted on in an emergency
    3) I can find joy and fun in almost any situation
    4) I love that my body has always been curvy and equally proportionate
    5) I stick to my values and don't judge other's if their values differ from mine

I am 46 years old and my name is Donna. I am married and have 5 children, ages 24, 21, 15, 6, and 3. I live in Sacramento, CA.

I started trying to lose weight at the end of January. A month and a half ago I was walking 3 1/2 plus miles most days, doing aqua aerobics about 3 days a week, and doing core exercises and small dumbbells throughout the day. Then I had a severe allergic reaction to poison oak (I swell to the point of looking like a comedian stung by a bee on a movie, and it lasts for weeks) which made things tough, I was on steroids and allergy meds and was unable to do much exercise, the day I felt better I started doing my exercises and was so happy I felt so good and then while jogging with my husband pulled something in my leg behind my knee. I am just now beginning to be able to walk (with a limp). So I am ready to start getting back to normal minus the long walks, I will have to build up to that. I did not gain any weight back and lost some during this time, but it had slowed waaaay down. Also, I have polycystic ovary syndrome and this is the first time in my life I feel like my body is actually cooperating with me.

I plan on doing a mud run at the end of October and really want to be able to do all the obstacles in it.
  • sageskye
    sageskye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Things I love about me...

I love that I’m an earthy mama.

I love my wild and crazy curls! Although in the past I must admit I longed to have sleek controllable straight hair… slowly over the last decade I have come to LOVE my curls. Oh, and I also love the fact that at 41 I still have to search to find a few grey hairs.

I love that I haven’t lost my ability to play!

I love that my kids tell me that I am the best mama in the world and that they could never have a better mama then me! Makes my heart all gushy :)

I love that I have a slightly quirky decorating style and that my house is full of color!
  • wandam1965
    Options
    Five things I Love about myself:

1. I am extremely loyal
    2. i can achieve goals or meet a challenge
    3. I have raised 2 wonderful sons basically on my own (and now have 2 more to raise)
    4. I am very kind and generous
    5. I love with all my heart and soul

I will add a 6th one now I have not killed my husband yet for he could not give one positive about himself!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    I love all these great answers!

:heart:
    Well guys, I created a group for us:

HT HT HT for the Holidays (and then some)!

It is open to the public for now, so go ahead and get in there! I'm thinking of keeping it open until the end of the month. Then we will all get to know each other and if we want to add more, we can. But I really want this to be somewhat concentrated so we can all get to know each other WELL!

We will move discussion over! And yes, there will be many threads! Sorry for some of the duplicates of info, but it's just as I'm moving things over!

Thanks for joining me on this journey! See you in there!

:noway: MINI CHALLENGE- do 20 situps before bed and 10 pushups! Even from your knees... Just did them!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    OOh, me too, me too! I'm joining the group thread now! :)
  • smileyface_2510
    Options
    Im def. joining!! you sound so motivational!!! lets do this!!!
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    HealthierHappierBrenda Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Awesome I was just thinking today about my 1 year mark of my lifestyle change which will be January 4th, 2013, but I definitely plan to reach my weight loss goal prior to that date. I love the idea about fitting into my dream Halloween costume and looking great at holiday events. I have 40lbs to lose.....Let's do this!!!!
  • saragetsfit13
    saragetsfit13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I have around 40 lbs to lose. Love this thread!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Totally guys! Just search for groups! We are there! The icon with the little box and pink bow on top! We are called Hot Hot Hot by the Holidays and then some... But the "o's" in HOT are the mac symbol! See you there!

Introduce yourself, find some friends for accountability and have a great day! CHEERS:drinker:
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for talking about that, I didn't realize a group opened up. I though we were using the thread. I have found it and I am all signed up.. Good bye fat!!