Does anyone input their food ahead of time?

Options

Replies

• Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I always plan ahead, especially if i know i wont be at home and have to take food where i go. I set out my breakfast, lunch and dinner and then pack everything i need. Then if i have carbs/fat leftover i can allow myself a treat that still fits in with my macros :)
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I do occasionally, say if I'm going out and I know I'm not going to be able to get to the PC until the next day
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i do it most days, then i shave off what i can do without.
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do this sometimes especially if i feel like im going to go over that day !! :wink: It helps me to stay on target as once its written i wont delete it xx:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I do, on work days I always do my lunch the night before and input it. It is so much easier.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    oh yeah...all the time! that way I can plan ahead what to eat to stay in my cals :)
  • Traeyek
    Traeyek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes I am doing that now it works great for me
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do but a lot of the time I change my mind lol
    I think it would be Ok if you had a planed meals to follow
  • rolycola
    rolycola Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just put my dinner in so I can see what I have got left for Friday night tea and booze!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Yep I input mine - maybe not all of them. Like say if I've made dinner the previous night and know I'll be having the same for lunch/dinner then I'll add it (saves messing about) and also breakfast is usually pretty standard for me, so I whack that in there whilst I'm on. The rest I just fill in ad hoc really :)
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I do this every day. It really helps me stay focused (not always but most of the time). It means i can plan ahead and work in treats and snacks depending on my plans that day. Doesn't work for everyone but i'm a bit OCD and the prospect of not knowing what i'm going to eat and just picking what i want as i go along would give me a nervous breakdown incase i went over or ruined my macros. See......OCD. :laugh:
  • lenya_maria4516
    lenya_maria4516 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I absolutely input everything! I do it in the morning and then adjust accordingly. It really helps to avoid unnecessary snacking and allows me to keep comfortably within my calorie limit. When I first started out I found I only had about 300 cals left for dinner and really struggled. This way dinner (usually the largest calorie intake meal) goes in first and the rest is worked around it.

I have no idea if this is the 'correct' way to go about things, but it has worked well for me.
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I do only if I absolutely have my meals pre-planned. If not then I input afterwards.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, pre-planning is a great tool, so yes I often try to pre-plan my day. I get the best results then.
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Because i’m in the process of loosing weigh, i have to plan everything in advance so i know what i’m going to eat ( i also bring my lunch to work). I also eat the same breakfast everyday so, yes, I input most of my meal ahead of time. :)
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I do this sometimes as well. I plan my meals ahead and look at my calorie consumption, as well as sodium intake, protein, fiber, etc. Ultimately, it does help! I allow myself usually 300-500 calories extra in snacks, and if I change my mind throughout the day I can always change my log. But most of the time, I'll stick to my log and make better choices. :)
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    I've become obsessed with logging. So I spend every hour of the night logging foods I want the next day and almost always stick to that diet.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I do that for snacks I am taking to work or dinner I want to have. I also sometimes put in exercise ahead of time for things like my gym class or my walk to and from university.
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do - mainly for workday breakfast/lunch as it helps me to plan out how many calories I'll have left for my dinner/tea in the evening.
    Which in turn helps work out what we end up having.

Also when I know we'll be going out for 'social eating' I will work out a slightly adjusted/reduced breakfast/lunch so as to 'save up' for going out.
    When we went out to a restaurant recently I even looked up their menu online to calculate what I could/couldn't have before hand.
    Which took some of the pressure off when time came to order at the restaurant.
  • dawson555
    dawson555 Posts: 26
    Options
    Yea i do it when im working:)