Feeling extreme weakness & nausea this morning- HELP!!

Options
I woke up this morning & the moment I stood up I knew something wasn't right. My entire body feels weak (not sore) but like I can't stand. At the same time I am dizzy & also feeling nausea's this morning. I ate something light thinking that might have been the problem, but so far it hasn't helped. All of my food & exercise stats are viewable on my profile (only 3 days-new to this).

** Also, my calorie intake is low most days (due to exercise it keeps giving me extra calories... but I feel full every day & eat when I am hungry.

Replies

• skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    could be that your body needs more food, but maybe you should see a doctor?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    is pregnancy a possibility?

but most likely it's because you are not eating enough. You only had 745 calories yesterday. That would make anyone dizzy.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I would go see a doctor, just to be on the safe side.... but at the same time I'd say you're not eating enough. The first few days is hard to get the balance right, but it'll get better (providing it is just the lack of cals causing the dizziness).
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just learned yesterday that we lose iron when sweating. Could you be a little anemic? I think I'm having problems with it because with this heat, I sweat NON-STOP.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You might have a virus or something. It does happen. :-)
  • Mighty_Midas
    Mighty_Midas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh my God!!! How much water do you drink?
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Go do the doctor!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK, yesterday you ate fewer calories than you worked off in exercise. That just may be the problem.
  • Hrtnrse
    Hrtnrse Posts: 17
    Options
    Classic symptoms of dehydration.:flowerforyou: Gatorade sista!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that I had the same symptoms you had and I had extreme pains to my back. I have a stomach bug that is going around and its extremely nasty from what the er doc said. I was home in bed for a couple of days. I would get up to do something and then feel like a mac truck hit me.....I would start hypoventialating too :( hope you feel better
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Could be your iron levels. I get dizzy when my iron is low. But I would definitely try and up your cals to at least 1,200 a day as they are quite low. You may not be feeling hungry but your body will suffer if it is not getting enough calories to function property. A visit to the docs just to be safe would be a good idea though. Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and you're not eating enough,you need to NET a minimum of 1200 calories. Eat back those exercise calories hun!

Make an appointment with your doctor just to be safe and get checked out.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not eating enough! Don't be afraid to eat back some of your exercise calories (I usually eat about half of mine). If you're really not hungry, try having a protein shake at least.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I would try drinking more water as that can make you feel rubbish too, if you're dehydrated.
  • mindyt23
    mindyt23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning! I believe the reason your feeling dizzy is because your not eating enough calories. You ARE working out which is awesome! But you do need to replenish your body with some calories. I'm 5'4 and WITH exercise I know I need atleast 1500 to feel good and strong :) I have a passion for clean eating so I could give you some good snack ideas to fill in some of those missing calories. You should have atleast 1200 calories if not more if your ACTIVELY exercising, don't be afraid to boost those up a bit, I know youll feel better! Ps. Protein is important too a balance. Hope this helps some, good luck to you!
  • DeservingGirl
    DeservingGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? Sometimes I feel like that and usually a little bit of chicken and water does the trick. Saltines and a little bit of Coke also helps me.
  • Jmorgan0909
    Options
    Oh my God!!! How much water do you drink?

Not enough.. that is still a work in progress :/
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Eat more food.

/thread
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, not drinking enough...and are taking phentermine (Adipex) and another diet pill called Xyngular. I would go right to the urgent care, you might need IV fluids and you might be having a severe reaction to one or both of these drugs.
  • Jmorgan0909
    Options
    You're not eating enough, not drinking enough...and are taking phentermine (Adipex) and another diet pill called Xyngular. I would go right to the urgent care, you might need IV fluids and you might be having a severe reaction to one or both of these drugs.

I am no longer taking Adipex. My doctor prescribed that to me when I went to him concerned with my weight. I took it for almost 2 months and did not continue after that. As for the Xyngular, it is an all natural product that I have been taking for over a month & it includes not only a pill but shakes as well. I honestly don't feel like that could be the problem.

However, I know I don't drink enough water & I need to be working on that. As far as eating enough, that is a toughy! The more I exercise the more calories MFP tells me to eat, but at the same time.. when I exercise, it seems to make me not hungry at all. I actually have to remind myself to eat throughout the day. It could also be the shakes making me full, seeing as that is what they are intended to do. Yesterday I replaced two meals with them, maybe I should stick with one.