5 days post panniculectomy surgery (pics)

Options
1235»

Replies

• mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Great job!! You're a wonderful inspiration!!! :)
  • kmlt08
    kmlt08 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing.....

Thank you for viewing and commenting! :)
  • kmlt08
    Options
    Amazing!! Great job!! You're a wonderful inspiration!!! :)
    Awe thank you so much! <3
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a significant difference. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. As far as the incision goes--I've healed from similar incisions twice, when each of my two children was born. I had both by Cesarean Section. Take care.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to send "fast healing" vibes your way. I had the same surgery done almost two years ago. My scar doesnt phase me a bit and despite the pain...I'd do it all over again. So worth it.
  • justme0362
    justme0362 Posts: 38
    Options
    That looks great. I had a panniculectomy done a few years ago but I lost the belly button in the process. I couldn't afford to have one reconstructed. Maybe one day I'll get a tattoo of one with a nice belly button ring or something :happy: All kidding aside, I am thrilled with the results of my surgery, when I got home and my cat jumped onto my lap I was like "Holy Crap I have a Lap!!". It's made a huge difference in my life. Riding a bike or even just walking without that huge apron smacking my upper thighs. I'm so happy for you, you look just amazing and it will open the doors to being able to do so many things now. Oh, and it doesn't take long to get used to that breezy feeling on the hoo hoo :laugh: Congratulations.
    getwellinside.gif
  • kmlt08
    Options
    Wow, what a significant difference. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. As far as the incision goes--I've healed from similar incisions twice, when each of my two children was born. I had both by Cesarean Section. Take care.
    Thank you so much! :)
  • kmlt08
    Options
    Just wanted to send "fast healing" vibes your way. I had the same surgery done almost two years ago. My scar doesnt phase me a bit and despite the pain...I'd do it all over again. So worth it.

Thank you so much! Glad to hear you had the same one! Did you use any type of scar therapy on yours? I am planning to do vitamin E and Aloe.
  • kmlt08
    Options
    That looks great. I had a panniculectomy done a few years ago but I lost the belly button in the process. I couldn't afford to have one reconstructed. Maybe one day I'll get a tattoo of one with a nice belly button ring or something :happy: All kidding aside, I am thrilled with the results of my surgery, when I got home and my cat jumped onto my lap I was like "Holy Crap I have a Lap!!". It's made a huge difference in my life. Riding a bike or even just walking without that huge apron smacking my upper thighs. I'm so happy for you, you look just amazing and it will open the doors to being able to do so many things now. Oh, and it doesn't take long to get used to that breezy feeling on the hoo hoo :laugh: Congratulations.
    getwellinside.gif
    Thank you so much<3
    Awe that sucks they couldn't reconstruct the belly button! Must be odd not seeing one! LoL at the tattoo idea, wonder what looks/talk the artist would say in regards to creating one for you hehe! :D Yeah it is pretty awesome to already see the changes. I know it will only get better and I so look forward to doing all you said and seeing how much easier they come!!
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    looks like they did a great job and that it will heal up really nicely! congrats again on your weight loss!!
  • deedra98
    deedra98 Posts: 6
    Options
    :smile: Awesome! You look AMAZING already! Wow, wtg! Congrats!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!!!! amazing!!!
  • hawiianwoman
    Options
    Hello my name is Michelle...I Had surgery on November 20, 20012...I had a pannus panniculectomy surgery done....I have no feeling in my virgina area the doctor says that is usually....I dont believe him....My surgery site looks groose....I took pictues oof what he done and it dont look nothing like your surgery....I still have excess skin hanging....one side of my hip dont have skin bunched up and on the other side its all bunched up and looks like he didnt care what he did
  • tam_a_ram_a
    tam_a_ram_a Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of having this done in a year or two. I have the tummy tongue flap like in the movie "Click". I've lost 60 pounds and I went from a size 16 to a size 6 in less than 6 months, so I know that has a lot to do with the excess skin. I've also had four kids (a set of twins) and two c-sections. I want to wait until I've kept the weight off for a couple years and see if the skin shrinks back any more. I don't care about getting a tummy tuck as much as I care about getting this flap thing gone. How long was it before you were able to resume normal activity?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!