Gaining weight after 600-700 calorie diet?

Options

Replies

• cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    In my case, yes, it caused problems. It makes it harder to lose weight. My thyroid is under active. I have heart problems. My skin lost a lot of elasticity. My stomach / bowels are no longer right. Some of this is "corrected" a little. But most of it is irreversible. Ended up in hospital at 31 with heart problems is not fun. My muscle tone is nowhere near what it once was. And it is taking me a lot more than some people I have seen to see any results.
    AND it took a full two years before my body totally started leveling out correctly for me to see any real results.

That said.... I am eating at a LOW of 1500 calories now and working out. I do eat back some if not all of my exercise calories. I am starting to see my shape again. I have my energy back to some degree. Still stay cold, but not like I used to. My hair has gotten thicker again. My skin has cleared up. My nails are growing again and not tearing on everything. I sleep better. Not longer, but I feel far more rested.

AND I am losing. It just took time to get to where I needed to be..... And I know I never want to be where I was. I was struggling with my ED for a while (started at 13) . And never again.
  • REDR61
    REDR61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The Air Force put me on 800 cals to lose wt when I was younger (retired 19 yrs ago) so I can reply from experience:-) STOP! It killed my metabolism. I don't know how many health issues were related to that but after a few yrs I had lots of those, and still do! I found Weight Watchers helpful and lost much more wt. It didn't take long for the rapid loss I experienced to stop. The AF also put me on Adkins initially when I barely had a wt. prob. Tried the fads, very low cal diet and it doesn't work. My best success and the one I'm sticking with now is WW because well balanced. MFP seems to be doing very well, too, but I'm doing both at same time and using the "My healthy plate" (replaced food pyramid) guidelines to ensure I keep it balanced. Hope this helps you. There is no quick fix, magic too. We just have to change our lifestyle:-) Good luck to you!

I just saw the post made while I was typing. How much I agree! I have underactive thyroid, colon issues unlimited, skin tone and firmness? What's that? It's GONE! and now with my health issues the dr. limits the exercise/types I can do. I take 15 PRESCRIPTION meds. NOT worth the damage it causes! I do elliptical and swimming (yes, water aerobics does help-I was very sceptical prior to trying), and although I'm not cleared to modify some low impact DVDs/Wii/classes/tone, strength & stretch, in addition to limited walking.
  • cyn4him
    Options
    OH... As a side note... That does not even account for the problems it led to with my family....
  • xoxosarinaxoxo
    xoxosarinaxoxo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    no more posts, im closing the topic
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No, topic is NOT closed.
    You, like so many others, have once again proven the never ending rule: STARVATION DIETS DON'T WORK!
    Your metabolism is stifled. It may take months for you to re-set. And yes, you can now expect to gain a lot of weight getting your body adjusted back to normal.
    Just stick with the MFP recommendations for steady, healthy weight loss.
    Don't give up! Good luck - you are sure going to need it.
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    BrokenBarbiexoxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I don't blame you, never ask this forum questions... ever.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Well when you can't handle the truth...
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    Options

OR, the entire forum is filled with trolls.
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You don't get to just close the topic. When you post something this ridiculous/unhealthy, expect people to respond and give you advice. It's for your own good.
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    In my case, yes, it caused problems. It makes it harder to lose weight. My thyroid is under active. I have heart problems. My skin lost a lot of elasticity. My stomach / bowels are no longer right. Some of this is "corrected" a little. But most of it is irreversible. Ended up in hospital at 31 with heart problems is not fun. My muscle tone is nowhere near what it once was. And it is taking me a lot more than some people I have seen to see any results.
    AND it took a full two years before my body totally started leveling out correctly for me to see any real results.

That said.... I am eating at a LOW of 1500 calories now and working out. I do eat back some if not all of my exercise calories. I am starting to see my shape again. I have my energy back to some degree. Still stay cold, but not like I used to. My hair has gotten thicker again. My skin has cleared up. My nails are growing again and not tearing on everything. I sleep better. Not longer, but I feel far more rested.

AND I am losing. It just took time to get to where I needed to be..... And I know I never want to be where I was. I was struggling with my ED for a while (started at 13) . And never again.

Good for you :happy:
  • BrokenBarbiexoxo
    Options
  • ToriKern
    ToriKern Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Very good for you!!!
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Please JUST replies to the question ,i know the calories are too low.

If you know the calories are too low...then why are you asking this question?? Please, please eat more than that. I don't want to upset you, or be mean about it...but only eating 600-700 calories a day is not healthy. I know for me, I wouldn't even have energy to make it through the day. But in all seriousness, listen to these people and eat more!
  • cyn4him
    Options
    Please JUST replies to the question ,i know the calories are too low.

If you know the calories are too low...then why are you asking this question?? Please, please eat more than that. I don't want to upset you, or be mean about it...but only eating 600-700 calories a day is not healthy. I know for me, I wouldn't even have energy to make it through the day. But in all seriousness, listen to these people and eat more!

I am here. I don't ever try to be mean or hurtful when responding to things like this. I don't "troll". I just know what it is like to be there. And I know it's not the easiest struggle to deal with. Especially if you are there long enough for it to fully set in as a way of life...
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    don't ask a question you know the answer to then, there are a lot of people on here who are very against under eating as you have seen. if you need to talk to someone please talk to a doctor they will tell you about the risks of under eating and how to become healthy so you don't feel like your being shouted at :) talk to people who have been in your shoes and see how they got back to healthy, it can be very helpful I promise !
  • winter_vixen
    winter_vixen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of people on here who are very against under eating as you have seen.

Which is probably why they're on this site in the first place.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

If all somebody wants is a pat on the head no matter what, don't come here. This is not an echo chamber.
    This person is totally out of line with what MFP recommends, and guess what?
    She's suffering predictable consequences.
    Pointing this out does not make somebody a troll. She needs to learn, but if not, others can learn from this obvious mistake.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of people on here who are very against under eating as you have seen.

Which is probably why they're on this site in the first place.

RUDE! Sorry we don't all have EDs and we want to get healthy!
    I know I am here to get FIT and I don't want some person on my fl or even talking to someone that knows that they are slowly killing themself by eating very little!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

If all somebody wants is a pat on the head no matter what, don't come here. This is not the estrogen echo chamber.
    This person is totally out of line with what MFP recommends, and guess what?
    She's suffering predictable consequences.
    Pointing this out does not make somebody a troll. She needs to learn, but if not, others can learn from this obvious mistake.

What is an estrogen echo chamber?
This discussion has been closed.