I hate my life so much, I just eat loads.

Options
I lost 10lbs ages ago and I took it for granted, I was doing really well.

Now, I'm eating way too much and am the highest weight and the fattest I have ever been.

The last time I was losing weight, I took it seriously, I don't know what motivated or inspired me to keep going but I did.

Now, I just don't feel right, losing weight doesn't feel right.

Has anyone else felt like this?

I'm still convinced that I can get the body I want but not today, It doesn't feel right yet. It's a bigger challenge as everyday passes because I'm getting fatter and fatter.

People will probably say: "just eat less calories and exercise more" but I can't because my life is crap and what's the point? I'm a massive loser, so what's the point???

Replies

• janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Gary i've been on your FL for a while now, and I think you may need to speak to someone professional about low self esteem, it seems to be really impacting your life.

Only you can change, and you've gotta be ready to, otherwise it wont happen. I know, it was only at the end of January I was ready.

There are loads of people who are willing to help you on here and keep you on track. I believe you can do this.
  • ImpishScoundrel
    Options
    I lost 10lbs ages ago and I took it for granted, I was doing really well.

Now, I'm eating way too much and am the highest weight and the fattest I have ever been.

The last time I was losing weight, I took it seriously, I don't know what motivated or inspired me to keep going but I did.

Now, I just don't feel right, losing weight doesn't feel right.

Has anyone else felt like this?

I'm still convinced that I can get the body I want but not today, It doesn't feel right yet. It's a bigger challenge as everyday passes because I'm getting fatter and fatter.

People will probably say: "just eat less calories and exercise more" but I can't because my life is crap and what's the point? I'm a massive loser, so what's the point???

How to put this without coming across like an old crotchety cynic... Sorry, I can't, I am an old crotchety cynic.

All I can suggest is take a serious step back, cancel the pitty party, and do some serious soul searching to find what motivates you. I spent 25 years gaining weight, watching my blood pressure skyrocket, seeing my cholesterol shoot through the roof, and then listening to the doc tell me I'm on may way to becoming a diabetic. Not to mention that I was breaking my promise to my lovely Impette to love, cherish, and be there for her for the next 50 years. Once I discovered there was no outside influence that was going to sway me from my life of obesity, it was time for me to find my motivation from within. My breaking point was looking at my wife one day, then taking a cold hard look at myself in the mirror remembering my promise to her, realizing she is more important than anything I've ever had in my life. Something finally snapped, now I'm on my way to keeping my promise to here.