Feeling extreme weakness & nausea this morning- HELP!!

Options

Replies

• Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and you're not eating enough,you need to NET a minimum of 1200 calories. Eat back those exercise calories hun!

Make an appointment with your doctor just to be safe and get checked out.

Actually, no you don't. I had this conversation with my dietitian. In order for me to have a "net" 1200 calories yesterday, I would have had to eat over 3,000 calories.

If you start losing weight too rapidly, then you need to adjust your calorie intake higher. If you're staying around 1-2 lbs a week, then you are fine.

Maybe for you this is true,but not so...for everyone.

Personally I NET more than 1200...as I find 1200 too low.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Drink more water.

It could be a virus, and it could be that xyngular isn't enough, even though you've been taking it for awhile. Maybe it is just finally catching up to you, and your body wants more. Just eat a big meal (once won't hurt) and see if that makes you feel better. If so, then you will know what it was and can burn off those calories with exercise!
  • Jmorgan0909
    Options
    Your body wants to use whole, nutritious foods as fuel to keep moving, but instead, you are depriving it of that while at the same time taking energy pills to keep yourself functioning on very little. You need to eat more real food! This is undoubtedly why you are feeling weak, and your stomach is probably not agreeing with the energy pills which is why you're feeling nauseated.

Again, I have been using Xyngular for a while now. & have not experienced nausea or dizziness since I have been using it. & I do eat real food.. but thank you for your input :)

You are young and your body is strong... it could just be catching up to you! Were you exercising at the rate you are now during the whole time of taking this pill?

Before 3 days ago I have been doing everything except for The 30 Day Shred, it is approximately 20 minutes long. I also swim & run throughout the week. Different days I do different things... However, yesterday I did do all three.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Eat, girl!

700 calories, most of which from "diet shakes" is nowhere near enough, especially when you add exercise on top of that. A friend of mine used to do pretty much the same thing (actually, minus the diet shakes, she wasn't intentionally doing it, she just would forget eat and would go days at a time eating probably no more than about 500 calories worth of food). She was able to do it for nearly a year without any noticeable issues until one day she almost passed out and started getting dizzy spells because she wasn't eating enough. As soon as she started eating enough to actually fuel her body, the dizzy spells went away.

The reason MFP does the "eat your calories back" thing is because it already figures in a deficit (assuming you're intending to lose weight) based on your average daily activity, minus the exercise. You then exercise, which means you expend more energy than usual and increase the deficit, and so you have to fuel those workouts. There a couple of dozen stickies at the top of the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" forum that explain in detail the concept, as well as why eating 700 calories a day is counterproductive and even dangerous.
  • Jmorgan0909
    Options
    is pregnancy a possibility?

but most likely it's because you are not eating enough. You only had 745 calories yesterday. That would make anyone dizzy.

Everyone's different but hell I eat less than that everyday and I'm fine. I would say it's something else.

I feel fine at the calorie intake I am at as well. :)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough and you are not getting enough nutrition from your food. Why are you eating only 800 calories a day? You probably do not know how much to eat in order to sustain your goal weight. Use myfitnesspal to give you an idea of how much you want to weigh. They will base this on your weight and height. Don't guess! That's why you're in trouble. You are crash dieting.

Your blood pressure could be dangerously low. You need to get it checked immediately and do not drive while you feel like this. This happened to my sister, severe dizziness and nausea, fortunately she stopped taking her blood pressure medicine and it resolved quickly. But you are too young to likely be on it. Do you have a blood pressure device in your house? They're not that expensive.

If you are pregnant, you are not eating enough to sustain you or your baby. Birth defects could occur if you are eating only 800 calories a day and not eating enough folates.

I'm not sure if I would go to the ER but you may end up there . . . . Get some help immediately!!!! At least, get your blood pressure checked today, and as the others said, find out more about nutrition because you are going to hurt yourself.

And have a nice big breakfast today with some salt and real sugar. You need salt if your blood pressure is too low and you need glucose for immediate fuel.

Ruth
    I woke up this morning & the moment I stood up I knew something wasn't right. My entire body feels weak (not sore) but like I can't stand. At the same time I am dizzy & also feeling nausea's this morning. I ate something light thinking that might have been the problem, but so far it hasn't helped. All of my food & exercise stats are viewable on my profile (only 3 days-new to this).

** Also, my calorie intake is low most days (due to exercise it keeps giving me extra calories... but I feel full every day & eat when I am hungry.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love how the advice given to people trying to lose weight is always "eat more". How about some real advice?

Yes, in order to avoid long term or even permanent damage to your metabolism, you should eat above 1200 calories a day. That's the standard.

That doesn't mean, however, that a 1200 calorie daily intake is unhealthy. The calorie intake goals set by MFP are based on a person's body, goals and lifestyle. But it's still a website, and doesn't necessarily ask questions that a doctor or dietitian would.

There are no dietitians or doctors in these forums. And if one slips in, believe me they aren't going to say that's what they are for fear of lawsuits.

If you want real advice about how to eat, call your local hospital and see if their dietitians have an outpatient program. Summa does, it's called "Just This" Dietitians here. I'm not sure about Alabama. It's cheap, and worth every single penny.

I hope you feel better soon!

Please don't be little the advice people are trying to give...we are all here to help! Your first sentence was uncalled for!!

I lost 20 lbs by eating MORE!:smile:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

but most likely it's because you are not eating enough. You only had 745 calories yesterday. That would make anyone dizzy.

Everyone's different but hell I eat less than that everyday and I'm fine. I would say it's something else.

If you felt fine, you wouldn't have been posting on here about your dizzy spells.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    This is a great post and you definitely have the body to support it! I hope that she listens, because I am very worried for her.

Ruth
    Eat, girl!

700 calories, most of which from "diet shakes" is nowhere near enough, especially when you add exercise on top of that. A friend of mine used to do pretty much the same thing (actually, minus the diet shakes, she wasn't intentionally doing it, she just would forget eat and would go days at a time eating probably no more than about 500 calories worth of food). She was able to do it for nearly a year without any noticeable issues until one day she almost passed out and started getting dizzy spells because she wasn't eating enough. As soon as she started eating enough to actually fuel her body, the dizzy spells went away.

The reason MFP does the "eat your calories back" thing is because it already figures in a deficit (assuming you're intending to lose weight) based on your average daily activity, minus the exercise. You then exercise, which means you expend more energy than usual and increase the deficit, and so you have to fuel those workouts. There a couple of dozen stickies at the top of the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" forum that explain in detail the concept, as well as why eating 700 calories a day is counterproductive and even dangerous.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Starvation diets are unhealthy.
    Follow MFP recommendations, or you'll suffer some serious consequences at some point.
    Maybe you've heard this before? I suspect so.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:

I have only been on MFP for 3 days but I would like to point out that I have been eating this way for months. I agree that starvation diets are unhealthy.. good thing that's not what I'm doing :)
    That's YOUR diary I was looking at, so yes, you are which others here have noticed as well.
    You asked for feedback, so here it is. Eat more:smokin:
    Follow the MFP recommendations, but if you have some better way, do whatever.
    I sincerely hope you succeed.
  • Jmorgan0909
    Options
    You're not eating enough and you are not getting enough nutrition from your food. Why are you eating only 800 calories a day? You probably do not know how much to eat in order to sustain your goal weight. Use myfitnesspal to give you an idea of how much you want to weigh. They will base this on your weight and height. Don't guess! That's why you're in trouble. You are crash dieting.

Your blood pressure could be dangerously low. You need to get it checked immediately and do not drive while you feel like this. This happened to my sister, severe dizziness and nausea, fortunately she stopped taking her blood pressure medicine and it resolved quickly. But you are too young to likely be on it. Do you have a blood pressure device in your house? They're not that expensive.

If you are pregnant, you are not eating enough to sustain you or your baby. Birth defects could occur if you are eating only 800 calories a day and not eating enough folates.

I'm not sure if I would go to the ER but you may end up there . . . . Get some help immediately!!!! At least, get your blood pressure checked today, and as the others said, find out more about nutrition because you are going to hurt yourself.

And have a nice big breakfast today with some salt and real sugar. You need salt if your blood pressure is too low and you need glucose for immediate fuel.

Ruth
    I woke up this morning & the moment I stood up I knew something wasn't right. My entire body feels weak (not sore) but like I can't stand. At the same time I am dizzy & also feeling nausea's this morning. I ate something light thinking that might have been the problem, but so far it hasn't helped. All of my food & exercise stats are viewable on my profile (only 3 days-new to this).

** Also, my calorie intake is low most days (due to exercise it keeps giving me extra calories... but I feel full every day & eat when I am hungry.

Whoa! That was way too many uneducated assumptions in one post for me to handle. I think you should read the previous post & my food/exercise stats before spouting off such things. but thank you for the concern.

Just to clear things up :)
    I'm not pregnant. (Sadly, that is no longer an option for me)
    I would hope that if I was crash dieting... as some as you say I am, that I would lose more than 9.6 lbs in 6 weeks. (1-2 lbs a week)
    My recommended weight (according to my doctor) is 97-132 lbs- for my height & age.
    I do own a blood pressure cuff (had high BP during pregnancies) & it is currently, 125/67
    I realize that my calorie intake may be a slightly low for what I need & I do not drink enough water- I am working on that today.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Hopefully just drinking more water & increasing my calorie intake will help with my problem. Someone also suggested a multivitamin. Does anyone know of a good one to take?
  • Jmorgan0909
    Options

If you felt fine, you wouldn't have been posting on here about your dizzy spells.

I have felt fine for the past few months while I have been at the same calorie intake. This morning has been my first and only dizzy spell thus far.
  • Intrprt4god
    Options
    You could be coming down with something. Do you take a multivitamin? I would say take one and maybe an additional iron pill. Hope you get to feeling better.
  • Jmorgan0909
    Options
    Follow MFP recommendations, or you'll suffer some serious consequences at some point.

I have only been on MFP for 3 days but I would like to point out that I have been eating this way for months. I agree that starvation diets are unhealthy.. good thing that's not what I'm doing :)
    That's YOUR diary I was looking at, so yes, you are which others here have noticed as well.

I think some people will just have to agree to disagree! So, I am just going to say thank you for your advice & leave it at that :)
  • sweetme908
    Options
    I had the same symptoms last week...I could not go to work because of my dizziness and nausea. Worst feeling ever. I stayed home in bed all day, hoping I feel better. I was able to go to work the next thank god...I didn't see a doctor. I just hope i never feel like that again. Feel better :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I think some people will just have to agree to disagree! So, I am just going to say thank you for your advice & leave it at that :)

Why did you even ask if you were only going to listen to the people saying what you want to hear?

What a waste of the rest of our time.
  • Intrprt4god
    Options
    The minimum calorie intake should be 1200 period don't ever go under that. If you want to eat more then you need to do more exercise. I know I haven't lost any weight recently but mostly that is do to some personal issues of mine where I can't exercise. If you exercise it means you can eat more but you must have the minimum 1200 cal a day, if you don't it will slow down your metabolism and when you finally stop dieting you will A. Crash (you are already seeing the effects) and B. You will put the weight back on quicker than you did previously. That is from a medical stand point.
  • hnoble123
    hnoble123 Posts: 1
    Options
    This does not take a genius to figure out what is going on here. 745 calories/day with a excersie is beyond not safe. You are starving your muscles, including heart muscle. When you do not eat enough and then excersie ( especially cardio) your body uses the fuel stored in your muscles by breakthing them down to maintain energy. Dizzyness is not a great sign and if continues you should seek medical attention. Nausea can be a signal of dehydration as well. Do your self a favor, drink plenty of liquids to rehydrate your muscles. If your urine is dark and concentrated looking, please seek medical attention.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    Options
    Your blood pressure is good. Perhaps a few notches high on the upper number for a young person, but you're under stress at the moment. You could be feeling sick, and it could be the pills, and it could be not eating enough. What would your nutritionist say about you eating 800 calories and exercising quite a bit? Why don't you call her, since you have one?

Hope you feel better!

Ruth

Ruth

Whoa! That was way too many uneducated assumptions in one post for me to handle. I think you should read the previous post & my food/exercise stats before spouting off such things. but thank you for the concern.

Just to clear things up :)
    I'm not pregnant. (Sadly, that is no longer an option for me)
    I would hope that if I was crash dieting... as some as you say I am, that I would lose more than 9.6 lbs in 6 weeks. (1-2 lbs a week)
    My recommended weight (according to my doctor) is 97-132 lbs- for my height & age.
    I do own a blood pressure cuff (had high BP during pregnancies) & it is currently, 125/67
    I realize that my calorie intake may be a slightly low for what I need & I do not drink enough water- I am working on that today.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Hopefully just drinking more water & increasing my calorie intake will help with my problem. Someone also suggested a multivitamin. Does anyone know of a good one to take?
  • plbrown81
    plbrown81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I want to start off by saying something like "Denile, it ain't just a river in egypt..." but that would be rude and snarky.

Look, people rarely take advice that they weren't going to follow in the first place. It's clear that all you want to hear is you're eating fine and this is due to a "bug" or something. 1200 calories is what your body needs to survive everyday. If you aren't eating that, then your body is pulling it from somewhere else and it's probably not someplace you want. Like, say, muscle. Or organ tissues. The sad story is if we deprive our body of nutrients it needs it rarely pulls those back out from fat since fat in your body has about as much nutritional value as fat outside your body (which is almost none).

Just because you've been "doing fine" until now doesn't mean you're still doing fine. And the reason you don't want to eat as much on the Xyngular is because it's doing it's job - it's suppressing your appetite. That doesn't mean it's doing the RIGHT thing for YOU. And given that you ate like 800 calories and did 3 separate workouts yesterday doesn't mean you're being HEALTHY. It could mean that you managed to work off all the calories you took in and are now at a deficit - thus being dizzy. I get hypoglycemic fairly easily. It makes me feel shaky, dizzy and like I'm going to pass out. When that happens I have to eat more. Not less or hope that it goes away.

Do yourself a favor. For two days make yourself eat your calorie goal of 1200 calories. See how you feel after that.

Honestly? Given that you're doing excessive amounts of exercise, are taking a diet pill and are practically starving your body I'm more worried you have an eating disorder. You don't have to puke up everything you eat or not eat at all to have a disorder. You just need to be so stressed about everything that goes past your lips is going to cause you to GAIN weight that you continually try to work it off. Food is good for you. Develop a healthy relationship with your food! It nourishes you, makes your body strong and will help you fight off disease and will HELP you lose weight!