Hunger pains!!! What can I do?

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys, just one question how do I make the diary public?
    Click on your Food tab, then Settings. Scroll down to Diary Sharing and click Public.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you're having hunger pains, it probably means you're hungry and your body needs some food! Try dividing up your calories to make sure you're eating a little more frequently. Also, if you're nursing, you need to calculate that into calories burned. I'm not sure how, but someone on here will. Make sure you're netting at least 1200 calories a day.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    To make your journal open : Go Under "my home" click "settings tab" towards bottom of page is "diary sharing", change to "friends only". or public or whatever option you prefer....
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You need to eat little and often so it doesn't build up to pain. I eat the recommended cals and eat my exercise cals back and can honestly say I don't feel hungry very often. I've also just given up eating bread completely as it seemed to be taking up far too many of my cals and it was my 'go to' snack that I would eat without thinking. Now if I want a snack I have to think about what to have and often the time it takes makes me realise I'm not actually hungry!

I also like the user name....just saw Black Sabbath at Download a couple of weeks ago \m/
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's not hunger, its fat cells dying....
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If you have hunger pains EAT. Geesh....don't let yourself go hungry.
  • lizash729
    lizash729 Posts: 3
    Options
    i would def. say you need some protein.. its recommended that you consume one gram for every pound. if you weigh160- shoot for 160 grams of protein.. ive read this alot of many times through my dieting experiences.. from what you said you ate.. that is all carbs.. which turns to sugar basically .. spiking your insulin and causing you to be hungrier-quicker I'm sure.. when i consume more carbs than anything i feel fine but you get the crash later after your blood sugar crashes from the insulin being pumped to digest those carbs. Eat a good source of lean protein.. I would suggest 99% fat free ground turkey.. or egg whites... i make those together for my breakfast.. throw in some veggies...(as Much as you'd Like ) I do bell peppers, mushrooms,spinach, onions.. more veggies in the mix.. less the calories and yet your full with a good source of calories and nutrients.. Hope this helps.. just my tips that ive learned through reading and changing my eating.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Eat! You need to listen to your body, just make wise choices. Eat a small 1oz. wedge of cheese, a whole grain slice of bread, carrots, broccoli, or other raw veggie with a sprinkle of sea salt, choose one and see if it helps. You may need to up your protein, try a boiled egg.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to eat plenty of healthy fats and protein throughout the day. I used to feel hungry all the time also, but this stopped once I started eating healthy foods and plenty of it.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i would say you should eat food with more substance and you wont be hungry. 2 servings of egg beaters and 4 slices of turkey bacon is under 300 calories and will keep you feeling full plus give you nutrients.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Protein and healthy fats! Eat more of it! When I eat high protein meals with fat, I feel satisfied. I don't get hungry as quickly. I eat bacon and eggs instead of cereal- same calories for me (because I need like 3 servings of cereal to feel satisfied) and I stay full for hours.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    EAT!!! Duh!

It's just filling it with stuff that will do you good, when I was at a bigger deficit, I would have a bowl ( about 2 cups ) of steamed mixed veggies seasoned or with some cheese... 100 cals and it's ALOT of food! Try and find lower cal stuff that you can have ready whenever these pains hit.. Like a giant salad (use vinegar and oil dressing or low cal) with chicken breast or ham or turkey.. Protein will help keep hunger at bay...

I tend to eat 300-400 calories every couple hours so that I'm never really hungry...
  • rexzmumu
    rexzmumu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    every one has so many different... theories? Mine is, high fiber carbs and veggies help hold you to your next meal. (example - sweet potatoes, brown rice and whole wheat high fiber bread. Broccoli, peas um i cant think of any others right now, sorry) water of course helps and i have heard suppliments in the long run make it worse... hope this helps good luck!
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    Well you can't go wrong with black sabbath now can you?
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If you are eating enough protein, fiber and drinking lots of water and still have hunger pains make a trip to your doctor. There are a few things that will make you have big hunger pains. With me, my insulin levels were high (not my sugar levels) causing an intense hunger pain no matter what I did. Now that I have that in check I no longer feel hunger unless I'm really hungry. Some times I even have to remind myself to eat. Its a much easier battle to lose weight with my insulin in check.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    YEAH SABBATH! Just saw Maiden last night!
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    I didn't actually realize just how bad I've been eating until I put some entries in the food diary!!! Blimey....I think I may indulge in some eggy bread!!!

Thanks so much for all the comments. It's always good to have other peoples views and opinions :)
  • Eperkins2882
    Eperkins2882 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat six small meals a day. Four meals I prepare which normally consists of fish or chicken, a veggie and a carb. The other two times I drink a whey protien shake. I never get hungry! Eating like this keeps away the hunger pains and does wonders for your metabolism. It is important to plan your meals so that you stay within your calorie range. Also, I have found that setting an alarm on my phone to remind me to eat helps a lot!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    protein makes those hunger pains go away. eat a small handful of nuts or a hardboiled egg or something like that.

My favorie is turkey pepperoni and a cheese string. I also have several small snacks that are very low calorie throughout the day between my meals. I eat 1900+ calories a day because I am doing P90x 6 days a week.
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    YEAH SABBATH! Just saw Maiden last night!

Lucky!!!! I wont be seeing any bands until November....Steel Panther!!!