Alcoholic calories are my downfall!

Options
13»

Replies

• smichelus622
    smichelus622 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The Skinny Girl products aren't all that bad but you still have to limit yourself. Or have you thought about getting a glass of wine and adding fruit to it. Let the fruit soak it up and then you get the wine flavor.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Vodka (about 60 cal per shot) and diet anything because diet anything has no calories.
  • malkowskij
    Options
    I have the same isssue... My love of red wine is killing me. I bought the Skinny Girl wine last night and was NOT impressed. Dont waste your money or your taste buds. 100 cal for 5oz. Regular ( good wine) is 120 for 5oz. I just work out more on the weekends to support my love of wine habit.

If I need a drink during the week I have Vodka with Club soda and a squirt of the mio water enhancer 60 cals for 1.5 oz vodka.
  • msep99
    msep99 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am right there with you! I would love to know the answer to that same question!
  • urfitnesspal2
    urfitnesspal2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Water is zero calories; zero regret. Just sayin...
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    bacardi and coke zero or sprite zero
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Sucks when your level of commitment interfers with your goals...

STFU GTFO
  • AlexParker100
    AlexParker100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definatley try to reduce it to the weekends. I ususally have a vodka and diet coke which is much better than wine. It takes a while to get used to not having anything to drink but as someone else said you will sleep much better. Good luck !!
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I made the switch from beer throughout the week and lots of it on weekends. to Red wine on weekends only and nothing threw the week. I also drink only one or two glasses. its helps alot!!! Maybe give it up like you said and when realy craving have a glass of wine. llol
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Just started using this site/app yesterday (even though I've been signed up for 2 years) and while entering my "dinner" from last night, I just realized I drank twice as many calories yesterday than I ate! Alcohol is gonna get me on this weight loss journey!

Anyone know any diet friendly drinks? Feel free to add me too, need as much support as I can get!

You are telling my story!!!! I am here because of beer. :embarassed:

I spend almost every weekend at my parents cottage and it's non stop laughs, food and lots of beer...I am the type that can drink 8 and still be pretty much normal (no, I don't drive, lol)

I would much rather stay home on the weekends because I am the queen of NO WILLPOWER. I've discovered through research, If I didn't indulge on the weekends I would lose 3 pounds a month...

From reading posts before (and I think there was a topic about this yesterday):

Vodka and soda water with a slice of lemon is the lowest cal drink...I also find that dark rum and water is nice too....not as low cal, but it's less than a beer.

Add me if you want! We can confess our sins together! :laugh:
  • AmberElena
    AmberElena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing everyone is different because i'm on a 1200 calorie deficit, I work out 45 minutes a day, 6 days a week & I drink an entire bottle of wine every Saturday with friends/family because every Saturday I have a get together or outting to celebrate the hard week of work I just had LOL & needless to say, I still continue to lose weight and see a huge difference in my body and for the good, not bad. I think every person's body is set up differently, what works for others might not work for you. Just don't drink during the week, enjoy your wine on Saturay nights, work it out Sunday morning and stay within your calorie range and you should be fine. Some people are genetically built to be big, others aren't. Hope this helps! & enjoy that wine! :)
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    I was starting to feel like the only person who had to shamefully log so many boozin' cals on MFP. Sometimes I even just quick add '800-1000' calories so my friends can't judge me! hahahahaha.

Seriously though, I do usually try to stick to light beers/drinks, but find sometimes 2 BBC Bourbon Barrel Stouts pack the same 'punch' as 5 Miller lights, for the same calories. It just depends if I want to drink for a longer time (ie at the pool with pals) or just want something flavorful on my back patio.

Its a fine line between being healthy for longevity and livin' life in a fun way so you don't regret it if you die tomorrow. ;)
  • losingitincollege
    losingitincollege Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    *cue Most Interesting Man in the World theme song*

I don't always drink my calories....but when I do....it's an epic fail. -_-

I get weak in the knees when I see margaritas on the menu, but I've disciplined myself to one frozen calorie catastrophe every other week. I limit to one (or two) glasses of white wine a week. :)
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Even though I never exceeded my calorie allowance, I thought my alcohol consumption might be at the root of my plateau so I gave it up for a week and it made no difference.

At home I drink vodka and diet lemon-aid with added water (to make it a tall). Adding the water makes it last longer and keeps it from being overly sweet. I have more of a problem with wine, since 1 is good, but two is better - 3 always seems like a good idea but rarely is!
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    put down the bottle and smoke a little grass.
    no headache, no calories, no sloppy hookups.

WIN/WIN/WIN!

What about the munchies though? :smokin:
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a mixed drink cocktail kind of girl. If I want to drink and I have enough calories left I will. I don't get trashed just tipsy. It doesn't make me crave bad food but it does make me extremely thirsty for water which is a good thing lol.:drinker:
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I bank my calories and only drink once a week. I drink whatever I want.