Has anyone tried RUSHFIT by Georges St-Pierre

I'm going to get the DVD set for this 8-week training program and will start tomorrow. I have practiced karate for many years and just LOVE Georges St-Pierre so I thought this would be a great motivator, even if I am a little worried about its intensity since I haven't been working out lately as I used to and my knees have taken a little bit of a beating at karate over the years. It says it only takes 45 minutes and I figure I can adjust the exercises that may be tough on my joints. I am excited to get started on this and wondered if anyone has tried it?:glasses: :glasses:

Replies

• pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    I am going to borrow this from a friend of mine when I done doing P90X2. I looked into this myself online and it looks very much like Insanity which I did too and was really intense.

Tapout is another good looking program.

Let us know how you are doing with the program once you start!!

Good Luck
  • kumitekg
    kumitekg Posts: 61
    Thanks ! I will definitely let you know how it is going..
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    I only own the Strength and Endurance workout and I like it.
  • kumitekg
    I just did the Strength and Endurance one last night. It was a good thorough workout. Hopefully I will stick to the whole program for the full 8 weeks!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    I have the whole program and have done it complete, now I just switch certain DVDs in an out to mix with my other stuff.

The workouts are short, some are fairly intense, others less so. You can adjust the intensity, based on the weight load you use, rep speed, and rest breaks.

I have knee, back, and neck issues, and found the workout is definitely do-able with a few adjustments as needed, to accommodate personal issues.

I would say it is less intense then insanity. Certainly less stressful on knees.

Each DVD is broken into segments with a brief rest period, so it makes it go fairly quickly.
    The one thing I did hate is the warmup and cool down is the exact same thing on every DVD, you do get tired of hearing the same stuff over and over. :)

I eventually added in some of my own stretches instead.

I also do P90x and P90x2 regularly, and find them more challenging, but I like Rushfit as a secondary "doubles" workout, or on a day when I need somethings shorter, that still gives some bang for the buck.

I also use it periodically, to mix up my program, and give me an alternate program for a few weeks. This allows me to cycle in new stuff.

After completing it through once, I now only do it with an adjusted plan. As some of the DVD are ether not challenging enough for me personally, boring, or do not work the areas I need to work, in the way I feel works them better. So though I have the full set now, I really only probably use one or two DVDs regularly.

Buts that more based on my personal goals, needs, and fitness level.

Its not a bad program, and can be very effective, depending on what you put into it.
  • jenny375
    jenny375 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the whole program (6 DVDs) and I'm about to complete the second week following the Intermediate calendar (It has separate schedules for beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels). I love it so far - great 40 min workouts that involve all muscles in my body... I see a lot of progress already. I only felt that stretching for flexibility workout could be a little more challenging. But I also try to combine these workouts with cardio (4 times a week), wights lifting & strength training classes.
  • jennlg07
    jennlg07 Posts: 4 Member
    im fixing to start it tomorrow
  • kumitekg
    After having just done the first week, I have to agree with you about the warm up and cool down. It was kind of a lazy way out. I too get tired of hearing the exact thing over and over and have to stop myself from skipping past it, particular the cool down.

I have problems with my back and knees too, so anything harder on them probably wouldn't be good. As it is I find it a little hard on my wrist as I broke it a couple of years ago and it never fully recovered so a lot of the transitional floor work is hard on it. Maybe it will be good physio overall for it !

So far I have found some of them more difficult than others, but it is an overall good beginning for me for the moment. Ever since breaking my wrist (at karate), I had not gone back into full training and found the classes difficult at karate, so I'm hoping this will get me back a little to where I used to be. I am also continuing to do my karate at the same time as well as some power walking.

I have to say that I did expect it to be a little bit more "upbeat" and intense. I do love Georges St-Pierre though. :-)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    i would but it just to watch him and listen to that adorable accent.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    "Your body is like an elastic"

"If you start like a lion you finish... ummm really slowly"

It is a fun & motivating series, well presented & really thought out. It is mostly a full body circuit with a few light weights used. I have done X twice & X2 & think it is a lot like X2 but at a faster pace, it is nice that you can choose your own cardio & I find that although individual days are tough, my recovery doesn't seem to suffer the way it did on P90X :)

Russ
  • kumitekg
    For the time being, I think it is the right "FIT" for me ! (I couldn't resist!)