My Success Story-I'm On A Billboard In Times Square

Options
I recently entered the Yurbuds #BeyondTheWall contest and was a Grand Prize winner. My photo featured a picture of me at my heaviest (over 365 pounds) and a picture of me running my 1st marathon in February of this year (at 265 pounds). I've lost over 100 pounds and feel great. Even though I was the 2nd place finisher in the contest, Yurbuds decided to give me the Grand Prize as well. They are flying me and my wife to Hawaii in October to watch the Ironman World Championship. I am also featured in an ad that is currently playing through August on the G-Tron in Time Square.Here is a video of the ad: http://youtu.be/auSUknoFSoA

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! What a wonderful thing :smile:
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what an awesome prize.

I volunteered at the Hawaii Ironman about 15 years ago, the athletes are amazing.

Have a great trip!
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm still just astounded by all of it. I feel overwhelmingly blessed by all of this. Thank you.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Talk about an amazing success story! Congratulations!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!! That is fan-freaking-tastic!! Congrats and thank you for inspiring me to keep at it! :)
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's amazing to see what can come from getting healthy. Hope you have a great trip!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Congratulations to you!!! Enjoy you trip!!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Have a great trip!
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. What a wonderful experience you and your wife will have. Good for YOU!!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! That's some great motivation too, you don't want to let your "fans" down now!!! :wink:
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It's really been an amazing journey for me. I started in Feburary last year with small changes to my diet. Then on April 18th I started Couch 2 5K and I've not looked back since. In just 2 more weeks I'll do my 1st Ironman in Muncie, Indiana. It just blows me away that only 14 months ago I struggled to run 60 seconds straight and in just 15 days I'll swim 1.2 miles, cycle 56, and run 13.1 all in the same day. Now I want to use my story to inspire other people out there who feel the way that I used to feel: like there is no hope of changing things. But the great news is that things can change. And we each have the power inside of us to make those changes.
  • Lilsluvsliverpool
    Options
    That's so awesome! Congrats and have a great time with your wife in Hawaii.
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    Options
    So cool! Congrats!
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome. Keep up the hard work and enjoy the journey!
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! You must be really proud. Congratulations!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That is so great!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us!! Enjoy your well deserved trip!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats to you and continued success.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!