Looking for positivity

Options
28 years old, and 200+ lbs. I need to get in shape. by BMI standards I am obese - By society standards im fluffy but not 'obese' :sick:

I am a mother and I work really hard on trying to get in shape not just for me but for my son too. Being a single parent is a work out.
I need more positive reinforcement. I need a kick in the tush!

I am looking to make friends with positive people. I dont want to be skinny - I want to be healthy.

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I love the Fluffy comment add me :smile:
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    KICK! I love the fluffy comment. Add me. You got this and the great thing I like about your attitude you want to be healthy! That is so important. You got this!
  • PangelJ
    PangelJ Posts: 28
    Options
    thanks Guys! yes both added thank you!
  • Charliew63
    Options
    Hello!

Being a single mom is really hard work - amazing, admirable, wonderful, hard work. You are probably like me (I was a single parent of two children for about 15 years), that all of your time and most of your money goes to raising your children. I worked full time as a single parent and always felt guilty about taking the time away from my kids to go work out. So, having said that, there are things that the two of you can do together. Not sure how old you boy is but spending time with him cooking and shopping for the right foods is a start. Walking, skipping and being silly are other things you can do to keep him and yourself active. If he is older, play ball, have races, whatever. It doesn't matter as long as you both are moving.

Stay happy and positive! This is more important than the weight thing. Yes, healthy is important, but our state of mind plays a huge role in that also. So chin up, keep that wonderful spirit and you will succeed, one breath, one step, one pound at a time. :happy:
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    Here, here! I want to be fit, not skinny! :smile:
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You can add me, we can kick each others tushes, lol! I'm not a single parent, but I have a 9 month old son who wants all my time!
  • PangelJ
    PangelJ Posts: 28
    Options
    Added you guys - If I dont add someone who post here feel free to add me first - I kinda get behind on the message board thing trying to keep up with the daily logs, etc... Thanks for all the support I love this site!
  • rcrfrog
    rcrfrog Posts: 1
    Options
    I love your comment "I don't want to be skinny. I want to be healthy". You got the right attitude to make this healthy change.
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! Love your attitude!
  • bio_chem06
    Options
    Trying to get in shape because I'm soon to be 29 and I'm not getting any younger. I want to be a good example for my fiance who is starting to become very unhealthy. I also have a wedding in November in Key West, and nothing says motivation like beach vacation :)
  • losingitincollege
    losingitincollege Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You had me at fluffy. Friends? :)
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Being a single mom is really hard work - amazing, admirable, wonderful, hard work. You are probably like me (I was a single parent of two children for about 15 years), that all of your time and most of your money goes to raising your children. I worked full time as a single parent and always felt guilty about taking the time away from my kids to go work out. So, having said that, there are things that the two of you can do together. Not sure how old you boy is but spending time with him cooking and shopping for the right foods is a start. Walking, skipping and being silly are other things you can do to keep him and yourself active. If he is older, play ball, have races, whatever. It doesn't matter as long as you both are moving.

Stay happy and positive! This is more important than the weight thing. Yes, healthy is important, but our state of mind plays a huge role in that also. So chin up, keep that wonderful spirit and you will succeed, one breath, one step, one pound at a time. :happy:

Wonderfully said!