Calories in a Chicken Kebab?

Options
small & large, with pitta salad & chilli sauce?? thanks xx

Replies

• iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I can't judge the pita bread and sauce, since it depends where it's from. Generally, a chicken kabob has about 150-180 calories (an average sized one.)
  • kellyharrison000
    kellyharrison000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That little? i was averaging a large at 750kals and a small about 500kals - including pitta??
  • couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    chicken the better choice , i bought some frozen ones easy chef 100g is 241 cals x:bigsmile:
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That little? i was averaging a large at 750kals and a small about 500kals - including pitta??
    Home made ones then sure 160 - 200 cals
    but take-away kababs 450- 600 cals for the meat..
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    All the data entries for a chicken kebab on here are way off. For a small you've got approx 200g of chicken (marinaded), a white pita, salad and chilli sauce. That's about 475/500cals. For a large you've got a lot more chicken and a lot more pita, so you're looking at nearer 650/700.
  • pj27559
    pj27559 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think that we are talking about the difference between a shish kebab (on a stick) and Doner kebab (looks like an elephants leg) :laugh:

Shish kebabs would certainly be fewer calories.

I think that 650 / 750 and possibly even more would be right for Doner kebabs

I have just been on another site who list doner kebabs at 255 calories, they must be the smallest in the world!

Ones served round my way are probably nearer 1,000 calories
  • kellyharrison000
    kellyharrison000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am talking about chicken chucks on a skewer grilled from a take away shop,, its so hard to estimate!! i want to fill up on a large but worry about the calories... :-(

I was going to guess 750 for a large chicken kebab - with pitta salas and chilli sauce
    And maybe 550 for the same but small?

Or shall i go for 700 & 500?? please help xx
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If youre talking about doner kebab- a small chicken with a 6 in pita and 3 oz of meat, with veggies and sacue is about 350. you can look at my diary.. I work at a doner shop : )
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    weigh it before you eat it.
  • Colettemarks
    Colettemarks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are we going for 550 for a small one?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    No way for us to accurately tell. If you can find a similar one at a restaurant with calories posted, use that as a comparison.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    First post on the board and 7 year old thread revival??!?!?!?!? How does this happen????

They probably did a search for "chicken kebab" and pulled up this post.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Oh, oops. I got tricked into responding.