Go Team Go!

Options
This is for my girls who wanted to keep eachother accountable -- Rebecca, Brooke, some other of y'all who wanted a central place to check in however often on progress, struggles, etc. So this is our team and we're off on this exciting journey to our new hottie selves!!!

Michelle :)

Replies

• rebasmart
    Options
    Had a pretty good first couple of days...stayed pretty close on calories and made it to the gym. The only real issue I have been having this week is I am really tired feeling but I think that is just adjusting to no caffeine....I'm sure that will go away soon. I started taking a multi-vitamin to see if that helps any.

Rebecca :yawn:
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    I know how that is with the feeling tired stuff -- I've never been a caffeine person so I can't imagine how it'd be to go off it! Hang in there :)

What have you been doing for food stuff this week? Any good ideas I can try?
  • rebasmart
    Options
    I have a had a really busy week at work so I have been doing the Lean Cuisine thing....I did go ahead to Subway one day and was able to eat a healthy sandwich, it was good and very feeling...so I really enjoyed that. I'm hoping to try and cook some healthy stuff soon to add some variety. I think I have to go to DC for work next week and am dreading how I will do when I am traveling! I think I will take some healthy snacks with me and just try and make smart choices as best I can.

Have a good day and remember it is worth it!

Rebecca ;-)
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this thread before it got lost WAY down the list. Haha. Yesterday was Veteran's Day so I didn't have to work (thank goodness for Fed holidays). Anyways, ended up getting a pretty decent workout in for the first time in a long time. I had a horrible headache, but I drug myself to the gym anyways and it helped. Only downfall - I ate a dinner chocked full of calories. Pasta gets me every time. I DID split it though :)

I need to start weighing myself at the same time every day. When I weighed in yesterday, I was 4 pounds less than a few days ago...but it was an odd time of the day and the only thing I had eaten was an apple and wheat toast. Does everyone else have that problem?
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    Also, do you girls have a crock pot? I made an awesome dinner this week that I found under the recipe board. It is so nice to have dinner ready when you get home from work/school.

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    1 package of taco seasoning
    1 can of healthy request cream of mushroom soup
    1 cup of salsa

All you do is put the chicken in the crock pot, put the whole package of taco seasoning on top of the chicken, then add the soup and salsa. I didn't have a whole cup of salsa in my fridge, but I had leftover diced tomatoes from the night before so I mixed that in with the salsa and chopped up some pickled jalepenos and put that in as well. Basically, just enough salsa to cover all of the chicken. Put the crockpot on low for 8 hours (mine ended up going 10 hours by the time I got home and it was fine). It was DELICIOUS...definitely try it. I made rice to go with it. Low cal, too.
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    Rebecca -- I've been doing the lean cuisine thing this week, too -- I like it because those things can be really yummy and they're so easy! But yeah, I need to start cooking more if I'm going to make this a lifestyle change and not just a temporary thing.

Brooke -- THANK YOU for sharing that recipe! Looks so yummy and so easy!!!

I've done better this week than I've ever done on a first week of a diet (and I can't even count how many of those there have been in my life...) so Yay for this week!!! Hope y'all are having a great Friday.

Michelle :smile:
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    PS Brooke -- I weight myself pretty much right when I wake up every morning and it seems to be very consistent...like I don't see all this crazy fluctuation due to food, water, etc. Plus (and this is silly) I look forward to waking up because I want to run and see if I made any progress! If I didn't, I just get more excited to wake up the next day!!! haha nerdy, I know
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    I need to get a scale at my house. I always use the one at the gym but unfortunately I haven't been all too great with my workout schedule (I'm changing that, though). I think I'd be more aware of my weight and more apt to work hard to lose it if I weighed myself every day.
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    Some people say "don't go by the scale, just go by how your pants fit" or "only weigh yourself once a week" but that stuff never works for me. I find that it keeps me accountable when I know that I have to weigh-in in the morning. Because what I used to do when I only weighed myself on like Saturdays is that I'd be bad one day and say "Oh I'll make it up tomorrow" and then tomorrow would turn into tomorrow into tomorrow...yikes. But everyone's different!

Do y'all have any good ideas for low-calorie desserts? I really like to eat frozen berries because of all the good vitamins and fiber they have but I want some other yummy options. Any ideas???
  • rebasmart
    Options
    I've been out of town and was unable to log in but have still been doing pretty good....even went to an Italian place and had a salad...which was hard.

I weigh myself every morning too...it reminds me what I need to focus on I think and it is more consistent I have noticed too.

Crockpot recipe sounds really good...I'll have to try it. I love to cook and can cook lots of really great stuff but I have been so busy with work that I am doing good to eat my Lean Cuisine and find time to workout. I think I am going to at least try and get in one good cooked meal a week so I don't burn myself out on the other.

Hope you both have a great week and keep motivated! TTYL

Rebecca ;-)
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I finally tracked down this group after mavsfan told me what it was called...just forgot until now. I've been checking in with the Countdown to New Year's group and have been doing pretty good. I lost a pound this week! I've really been relying on doing one day of cooking prep, like chopping up peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions so that I can use them in a variety of meals throughout the week. I use that veggie mix when I make eggs, salad wraps, stir-fry, etc. Pretty awesome and saves me bunches of money since I am not going out for lunch at work everyday.

I know I can stick to my calories and eat healthy foods. It's finding time to do some serious cardio that is rough for me. I've found that reading on the elliptical or going when no one else is in the gym and I can watch a dumb TV show during my workout helps. My body doesn't wear out after 40 minutes, I just get so incredibly bored haha but last night I did 50 on the elliptical and lifted some weights after. It's a very slow process but I know I can do it.

P.S. I'm in love with the "If every day were like today..." feature on the homepage hehe
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    I'm so proud of you ladies! Unfortuantely, I have been SUCKING at this the last week or so. This weekend was just bad news (health-wise at least) and it hasn't gotten TOO much better. My boyfriend quit his job last week (who does that during a recession? haha), so he's been cooking every night...and lets just say, he doesn't necessarily cook healthy. I came home last night to a HUGE plate of spaghetti, but I was so hungry that I ate it all :( Today for breakfast I ate cheerios, and I'm having healthy choice soup for lunch with a greek salad...so hopefully dinner stays decently healthy as well.

I'm determined to get back on track, though and this website has kept it on my mind. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good, cheapish scale? I need to start weighing myself every morning.

I'm going home to Dallas this weekend to see the parents and see Twilight with my best friend (I'm a dork, I know..but I'm SO excited)...so I'm sure that will involve plenty amounts of going out to eat and beer...ahhhhh....BAD!
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    where is everybody at ??!!!!!! :huh:
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    I'M HERE! omg this week was a nightmare with exams and presentations all over the place... yay for it being over! And guess what girls??? I lost three pounds this week!!! yayyyy yayay!!!

how are y'all???

i've decided i want to start cooking more instead of just grabbing a quick lean cuisine or whatever. i love to cook and i'm going to start making myself cook at least two nights a week!!! how often are y'all actually cooking real meals???
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    Lost three pounds?? That is AWESOME! Congrats :)

I really don't miss exams and presentations at all. I loved college, but I don't miss that part at all. It makes me laugh that you typed y'all. I'm glad I'm not the only Texas girl here!

I've been cooking at least 4 times a week with my boyfriend. I feel bad now if I eat out more than that (weekends are the exception). I look back at college and think about how once a week we'd go to ninfas for fajitas and margaritas, wings n more for wings and beer, etc etc. I NEVER ate at home. I can't imagine that now. I feel so much better about myself.

I don't remember if you said whether or not you had a crockpot, but seriously...get one. It will be your best (HEALTHY) friend. You'll love it.
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    GIRLS I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

What do y'all do to get back on track when you fall off??? Because when I first joined MFP I was doing sooo well but now I have gained back some of my weight and I am just feeling unmotivated and not good about myself :(
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    The thing that has really gotten me to stay with it is my decision to run a marathon in June (I'm NOT a runner). Set some sort of goal that you REALLY want to reach that doesn't have to do with your weight but will be reached by keeping healthy habits. It has helped me.
  • carpediem8i8
    Options
    Omg Brooke you are so right. Like for me it is never enough that I just "want to look good" or whatever -- there has to be a bigger goal in mind, a more realistic one that has to do with more than just someone else thinking I look like a hottie haha. I'm so proud of you that you're doing a marathon!!! Are you doing a full or a half???? Which city are you running??
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    I'm doing Team in Training - a program through the Lukemia and Lymphoma society. You raise $4,800 for the cause and in return you get personalized marathon training (with a team to keep you accountable) and they pay your race expenses, including travel to the race. I'm either going to do the Rock N Roll San Diego or Rock N Roll Seattle. They're both in June and as it is I can only run about 3-4 miles. Its going to be difficult, especially training during the Texas summer but I'm determined to do it.