bad girl

Options
yes, i'm a bad girl.
very bad.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i'm not new to this site as my # of messages may proclaim.
i'm "in hiding".
i've lost a lot of lbs w/in the past few years, (over 50lbs), but i do not believe ive done it right.

occaisionally, i make myself throw up my meals.:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
not a lot, maybe 2 or 3 times per month, when i overindulge.:blushing:

do u think i'm so bad i should see doctor?:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
i can not imagine!!!

i look forward to reading what u all may think on my predicument.

thank you

Replies

• bacyr21
    Options
    honsetly you should see someone. I have struggled with an eating diorder for the past five years and have been through treatment. It is never ok to throw up after eating. Even though you say it is only a couple times a month it is something that should be looked at. Your electrolyte leves could be thrown off which can cause other problems within your body. I know for those that struggle with bulmeia that it can start out small and then eventually sprial out of control. I have struggled with anorexia and over exercise but have met many women who struggle with bulemia. I would suggest help and to make sure you haven't harmed your body It's just sad to see that someone needs to go to those extremes over food. I know it is hard to understand because it is still something I deal with on a daily basis. I just don't feel that it is ever ok to throw up after eating. I hope this helps!! Hugs to you for being willing to share your struggle
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i am in a similar situation, except i dont really make myself throw up, i HAVE to from stuffing my face too much. i literally have eaten so much i cannot help but throw up. i am not sure if this is an eating disorder, or just lack of self control... i hope everything works out for u. i am considering seeing someone just because i know this cannot become habbit, even if it is un-intentional
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Please seriously consider seeing a doctor and a counselor. You're saying on your profile you hate yourself - that's not a good way to be. You're a brave person for coming out and talking about your problems and you deserve better. :flowerforyou:
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    The problem with purging is that it becomes addictive and it ends up controlling you. If you don't stop now, you risk becoming a slave to the cycle. It's no way to live - in fear and anxiety, consumed by thoughts of food. You miss out on a lot of life, living this way. My mom suffered for many years from this disease/addiction.

My suggestion is that you try quitting. If you have trouble quitting (or even if you have the thought, "I CAN quit, I just don't want to" - a common addict's creed) then I would say you have a problem and need to get help. Don't sacrifice your life and future happiness by subjecting yourself to this dangerous practice that can end up consuming you.