Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I guess if running is a drug...

Do drugs, it makes you feel good. :wink:

haha
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have only just started running again after 3 months off due to injury and my flatmate has just made me realise what grumpy ***** i was while i wasn't running. I knew I felt horrible and depressed but hadn't realised quite how grumpy I was haha opps poor flatmates
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I get antsy when I don't exercise for more than 2 days.

Endorphin addict here!

ME TOO.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

It does give me a certain kind of high that nothing else can give me. I love the feeling of just being out there and knowing that I can run fast or slow, 1 mile or 7 miles. It makes me feel invincible! Woot!:glasses:

Exactly!
  • JenD2Vivi
    JenD2Vivi Posts: 8
    Options
    I have definitely noticed it! Nothing beats the rush of endorphins after a run! Best therapy and anti-depressant out there!

AGREE!!!! Love it!!!! Started running in January and I don't ever want to stop!
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think so too. My friend calls it " one of God's gift's to mothers". I believe that's true. I'm a much more patient mom if I've run that morning.
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    :heart:
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Running is definitely addictive. I know I'm in a much better mood after a good run. I didn't start running until about 12 months ago, but now I average about 20 miles a week now, and I am much happier and in much better shape for it.
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I had alot of issues with mood swings and feeling down before I started working out regularly. Now I feel great and the little things dont get to me nearly as much

my boyfriend has even pointed out how much happier I seem (and less snappy :) )
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's def a drug and it's addictive!! LOL

I never and I mean NEVER ran before March, now if I don't get my run in every day I'm GRUMPY, and by grumpy I really mean I'm the B word! LOL
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've never been happier in my iife since I started running! I've got an injury on the muscles on the insides of my legs its really painful so I've had to stop and my mood is lowering. Hope it gets better and I can get out again. Its the only thing that gives me great calorie burns these days too x
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hey People,

I've been running consistently again for the past three weeks after recovering from a bum ankle and I've noticed a remarkable uplift in my mood. My wife and I both think is a lasting runners high from the endorphins.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Whatever it is, I like it and I want more! Where's the needle!

Happy Friday :smile:

DG

Heck yeah, Runner High is better than any high out there.
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    I never exercised EVER in my 44 years, now that I have started, I love it and look foward to it everyday. As I keep moving forward and setting higher goals of what I can achieve, it makes me that much happier. I am mad that it took me this long to realize it!!! :)
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

I never and I mean NEVER ran before March, now if I don't get my run in every day I'm GRUMPY, and by grumpy I really mean I'm the B word! LOL

^^Me TOO!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options

^^Me TOO!

Yay I'm not alone!!! I can't wait to tell the DH. LOL When I'm having a bad day he use to ask me if I was PMSing NOW he ask me if I have been to the gym! HAHA
  • djsullivan616
    djsullivan616 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I've just started running... did 2 straight miles - most of you I am sure can run further and faster but being a new runner - how often should I run and how do I get my endurance up? I do thinks like orbstacle course races and all but they aren't consistant running.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm relatively new to running but I am constantly surprised with my improved moods. And just more positive energy in general. I still can't get over how good a run makes me feel, probably from mid-way to after completion. The first bit of my run still involves me wondering why on earth I would put myself through this... again. But then the good feelings set in half way through and I remember. I often wonder if I'll always feel this way... my best running feels like it happens after the 3k mark.

I've been running after work in the evenings lately and sometimes it is the last thing you feel like doing, especially when you're tired from a long day, it's cold and you know you have a delicious dinner on the cards at home. But I always say to myself that if I get 15/20 minutes in to my run and I genuinely couldn't be bothered or I feel ordinary, I'll give myself permission to skip that session. It hasn't come to that yet. By that time I've warmed up and feel like I could just keep going and going and going. And then I feel awesome afterwards. The only downside (if you could call it that) is that I tend to get such a big hit of energy that I'm staying up far too late when I should really be in bed!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I think so too. My friend calls it " one of God's gift's to mothers". I believe that's true. I'm a much more patient mom if I've run that morning.

Oh, I so agree with this^! I'm a much better mom because of exercise!! A better wife too!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Running is what gets me through my divorce proceedings....seriously. It's my sanity.