135 and still fat? WTF.

Options
2»

Replies

• ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I really think the problem may be in your mind.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Mmm, Oreos... :tongue:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Try lifting weights...heavy.

Like to almost feeling the need to puke when finished :)

I weigh about 163-165...not bragging, but my body looks better than my friends who weigh probably 120-130. They are way soft and dimply.

Of course, I think that because muscles are my preference.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Females come in different shapes and sizes and every female's body is going to look different and be proportioned differently. You cannot compare yourself to other females. Im 34 and weigh 124 lbs and I have a 21 month old son...my niece is 23, has an almost 12 month old little girl and told me the other day that she weighs 117 lbs. Im like, 117 lbs?? In my head Im thinking, "no way is that possible." I look like I weigh LESS than HER!!! But than again, I have ALOT more definition and muscle than she does. Im slightly taller than her but I look alot more leaner than her. I have more muscle mass than her so Im going to weigh more than her. My body fat % is probably alot lower than hers! What Im trying to say is that you cant judge a book by its cover. You could put two females together that weigh the exact same, but their body shape will look very different. And that is okay! We are all individuals made up of different body chemistrys and there is nothing wrong with that. Believe in yourself and know that you are doing what you need to do in order to get to the results that you are looking for!
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said, the comparison game never helps, although I do it too.
    Advice - lift heavy and run 3-5 days a week.
    They say fitness is 70 diet and 30 exercise, but I would disagree, I believe I get my body from exercise and working out -have been doing X country and running since age 14.
    I have a long way to go but its a journey.
    CW: 138
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    They probably weight more then you and look good in a bikini because they have more muscle.. and as i hope most people know muscle weights more then fat.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I went from about 150 to 128 and maybe lost a half a size. I didn't understand how I could lose so much weight and still be a damn size 8! It wasn't until I actually started working out and toning up that I went down a full size. It freaked me out a bit because I went from 128 to about 130-132 after 6 months of lifting, but I look MUCH more toned and feel much better than I did at my smallest. Don't put too much stock in the scale and don't compare yourself to others-it will drive you nuts :).