Im new(ish)

Options
Hey,

I've been on the websight for a little over a month and I've lost 8 lb. I am training for a 10K this summer and I need advice on good for you ENERGY sources.

I am addicted to caffein and I know its not good for running, so I need suggestions on what to do for a midday pick me up. I have tried, Bvitamins, and Gensing and those dont seem to be doing the trick. I have a busy life, and I cant take a nap every day at 3PM like my body seems to want to. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,
Jimandles82

Replies

• mrsrdqz86
    mrsrdqz86 Posts: 19
    Options
    Have you heard of yohimbine? I took it for about a month and seemed to give me consistent energy from the time i wake up...if you take it to late in the afternoon going to sleep at night is a little difficult.
  • jimandles82
    Options
    Can I find that at the health food store?
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Cut out sugar, bread, and starch, drink lots of water, and at 2:59 do 50 jumping jacks ;)
  • mrsrdqz86
    mrsrdqz86 Posts: 19
    Options
    I got mine at the vitamin shoppe but im sure theyd have it too...just like any other supplement tread lightly and gradually increase to recommended amount...i was satisfied w 1 a day but ive heard people take 4 so listen to your body
  • jimandles82
    Options
    thanks I appreciate the advice, I will give it a try!