when do you workout?

Options

Replies

• lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    Usually go to the gym about from 12 to 1. I know all the people that are around at that time. They don't give me funny looks any more , when i start singing to myself forgetting i'm in a room full of people. :laugh:

21790325.png
    I always forget to add this ticker.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I workout after work typically. The only downfall is that I can't usually go somewhere right after work, because I need to go home and get my workout in. And the benefit is that it's routine. No matter what time I get home, there I am - change, and go (well, after procrastinating a little while on MFP first :wink: )
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    It depends on WHAT I'm doing for my workout that day. I get bored easily, so I never do the same thing. If I'm running (I run 5-7 miles 3-4 days a week with my son in a jogging stroller) I do that first thing in the morning after he's had his breakfast. If I'm doing weights or any of my DVDs at home, I do that during his nap (1-4). If I want to go to the fitness center in our neighborhood to be by myself (lol) I have to wait til my husband gets home to watch the kids, which is usually anytime after 6 p.m. Most days I workout twice because I'm crazy :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I always forget to add this ticker.

Just go here and click the checkbox! :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/settings
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    It really all depends on what my day looks like. On the weekends, (and I'm off work), I get it out of the way early. Through the week, I usually do it in the evening after I get home OR, I split it in half. Thirty minutes before work, thirty minutes after.

Edited to add that I also work a 2nd job standing on my feet (gas station clerk) that I classify as a workout, as well, considering my full-time job is a secretary. I only work there once or twice a week, so my lifestyle stays classified as sedentary.
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    Normally after work at 5....but I have a part time job, so when I work both jobs, I go at 5 am. It's tough getting up, but I don't feel "right" if I don't workout!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I prefer mornings when I have the time but of I don't I just follow this:

"As long as I get a workout in before my day ends."
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have time...mornings if I have a closing shift at work, evenings if I open. I take evening pilates classes, and most of the time my personal training sessions are in the evening, or late night about 9pm. Sometimes I go morning, and evening/night.
  • annhamilton1
    Options
    I work out early in the morning walking pulling hills in my neighbor, or I do zumba in my home. Sometimes I do old fashioned exer cise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have to be to work early in the morning so I workout right after work.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I work out right after work, before picking up my son. The only down fall i find is that i'm not hungry when i get home. i'm just tired. i want to make my son food, hang out with him and then hit the sheets for the night.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    In the morning.

Benefit? I get it done early so the rest of the day I can just relax, and can't make up countless excuses to not do it.
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I work out at different times pending on the day. But I fit in at least 50 minutes 6 days a week.
  • srathfelder
    Options
    Being the full time mom and caregiver to a 21 y/o son with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and epilepsy I work out when I can. I got my weights done today and hopefully will get a walk or bike ride later, if not I refuse to feel guilty about it.
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love to work out mid morning. Anywhere from 10-11:30 is normally when I do it.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    During the week its after work to a toning or belly dance class. And on the weekends I might head to the gym for a yoga class, get some hiking in, or do something fun that gets me moving.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30 to exercise. This way I am finished when my kids get up for school. I find if I wait to do it later in the day I make excuses and I tend to not do it or I'm cranky because I have to do it and the kids won't leave me alone.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I make every effor to do it first thing, before work, i find it helps me get energized for the day

when i just cant wake up or oversleep, i make sure i start no more than 1 hour after i get home from work, before i get involved in anything else.

On the weekends, usually just right after whenever i decide to wake up
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings because I'm notorious for talking myself out of exercise if I tell myself I will do it after work.

That being said, I'm doing a night time half marathon in the fall, so I'm going to work on getting some evening runs in so I have an idea what I'm in for. :smile:
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    I am at the gym by 6am weekdays and by 9am on weekends. I wish they opened earlier on weekends.