Hello Energy? Can you hear me?

Options
So today is day 3 of being back to a cutback on calories. I am glad that I have been through this before and that I know it will get easier, but I don't remember feeling this drained the last time I started to cut back my calorie intake. And whats worse is the highs and lows this time around are even more extreme than the last time.

Yesterday I had so much energy that anyone who knows me would have though I was on drugs...
And today I am so drained that I can barely drag myself around the house. Not what I need going into a weekend.

Any advice for a way to balance out the ups and downs?

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Without knowning what you are eating and what you do for exercise it's hard to give advice. It could be from not enough calories, withdrawls of tons of extra carbs, or just the body trying to figure out what's going on.
  • mceldows83
    mceldows83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know that today, so far, I have only eaten a little over half of my calorie intake, so I am about to have a decent dinner. So that could be part of the low right now.

When I first started MFP I only focused on the eating portion control of this program. I did not workout at all. Then I took a break from MFP to let my body adjust to the weight loss I had achieved. Now I have decided to continue losing weight, so I have to cut back about 400 calories a day and I am working out 6 days a week. I alternate upper body workouts MWF and lower body workouts TThS. I have been in this workout routine since the beginning of June. But I have only been in the calorie cutback for 3 days. So I have a feeling that I am just experiencing some type of withdrawal. I just do not remember the lack of energy being this extreme the last time.

Does anyone else have days that they are this drained?