Is your goal realistic?

Options
coachblt
coachblt Posts: 1,090
Mine is just a dream and not sure if it's reachable. Nonetheless, I'm going after it.

A dear friend of mine told me this when I had goals to play college football.

"Set your goals to the stars, not the clouds. You may not reach the stars, but you'll definitely get past the clouds."

So, I was just wondering!

Replies

• stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! I'll need to remember that.
  • Adureeuh
    Adureeuh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care if others believe if my goals in life are realistic or not. I'm determined to reach them and I have no doubt someday I will. I believe that life is a journey and right now I am focusing on getting healthy so I can reach any dream or goal I can come up with!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    mine is very realistic Im aiming for the upper end of a healthy weight ...... I used to be 8 1/2 stone (119lbs) Im 5ft 6 (although then I was 5 ft 7 and ive shrunk :(( ....

I am aiming for 10 - 10 1/2 stone (140-147lbs)

im only 18-25lbs away :D
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    My original goals were NOT reasonable one bit.
    I was going to take over the world along with everybody else of my generation who was stoked to un-do the damage done by the previous generation. Enter life...:noway:
    Once reality bit me in the butt, I had to reset everything at age 16, and from then on, I was ON MY WAY.
    I do not rule the universe, but I did well achieving everything I set out to accomplish.
    It may not seem much to some, but it is everything to me.
    All Is Possible!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I totally believe my goal is achievable... Just have to really put the effort in it.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    i will reach all of my goals, always have and always will! anyone who says they can't just isn't trying hard enough
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my goals are realistic. I'm aiming for about 160 pound, which is right in the middle of my healthy weight range.
  • R_Pup1976
    R_Pup1976 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think I have a similar mindset. My goal weight is my old high school wrestling weight of 171 lbs when I had 7% body fat. Not sure if I can get there, but that's what I'm shooting for.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    i will reach all of my goals, always have and always will! anyone who says they can't just isn't trying hard enough

Not exactly what I asked but I like the response.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options

Not exactly what I asked but I like the response.

well at the moment my goal is to have a 6 pack , then a new goal will arise
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    Yeah, my goals are realistic. I'm aiming for about 160 pound, which is right in the middle of my healthy weight range.

^^ Me, too. I only have about 15 or so lbs left to lose. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I reached my first goal of 20lbs in 3 months. Now I'm not sure about the next 10 in one month, we'll see, I know I can do 8 for sure!
    Now for the final goal, a total of 60 by October, I think it can be done. Will have to play it day by day for now.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I personally don't know what my end goal is. I'm thinking I will know it when I reach it. Short terms goals are not to bad and have reached "IT" so far. I want to lose 15 lbs a month. So far I'm doing it. We shall see what the next few months will bring
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I set my goal to be totally attainable. Once I get there I will set a new goal, either by weight, body fat %, or some sort of fitness goal.
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mine is realistic from 191 to 150. It is in the top range of my healthy weight for my height. I have set several smaller goals in-between and I am only 11 lbs away from my goal weight now. Once I hit there I will have a new goal but I will be more focused on building lean muscle and tightening up than weight lose on the scale and go from there.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options

"Set your goals to the stars, not the clouds. You may not reach the stars, but you'll definitely get past the clouds."

Inspirationalsmall.jpg
  • brocke84
    brocke84 Posts: 4
    Options
    Very Inspirational!!!!
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    200lbs to 149.9? Very realistic. Almost half way there!!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Very
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i'm 8 pounds away, so, hell yeah!
    (i may actually dump another 5 once i hit the first goal...we shall see)