A week into MFP

Options
MandiS80
MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
So I signed up here about a week ago as my trainer had suggested. I'm loving this site so far. I'm tracking my calories every day... I'm over right now but I'll be going to the gym tonight to burn some off. I have about 60 pounds to go.
A little about me, I'm 32, 5'8 but not comfortable disclosing my weight quite yet. I started going to the gym at the beginning of April and have been going 6 days a week almost every week for 1.5 hours to 2 hours each day. I'm down 12 pounds since I started at the gym which I feel is very discouraging. I thought I'd be able to have better results in this time. I'm hoping it's muscle I'm building up though.
My calories so far have been under almost every day, since I burn so much at the gym, the last couple of days I've been under by over 1000 calories. I'm not trying to eat very little, but I haven't been hungry for more.
I was literally addicted to Pepsi (2L per day) and coffee (1-2 XL timmies), but I've since quit that almost completely (I do have a pepsi sometimes if I'm out with friends)
I'm not on a diet though, I keep telling myself this because I want it to be a lifestyle change, the work diet means temporary to me. Not judging anyone who is on a diet, I just know myself that that's all been here and now thing for me.'
I have a desk job, but I sit on a ball instead of a chair also.
I'm really considering getting the fitbit as I keep reading really good reviews on it but the price tag is holding me back.
Anyways, I've yapped enough so I'll shut up now.
Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better.
:smile:

Replies

• Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I got my fitbit a week ago and it is the greatest tool ever! You will not be sorry. There are alot of older forums on it here, just search. It helped me make my purchase. It is such a motivator.
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    Welcome. It sounds like you're doing a fabulous job. Don't get discouraged, it takes time to see a difference.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Add me if u like
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just found this site on Tuesday! I have been going to the gym for years, and I go very regularly. I go to zumba three times a week, and normally go two more days a week. The only way I lose weight though is if I am extremely strict about what I eat, and don't eat more than 1300-1400 calories a day. It is really hard for me because I get really hungry. Anyway, my point was, don't be discouraged!! You are doing the right thing by working out and eating right, and hopefully the weight will start coming off of both of us :)
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 as well, and like another poster, got a fitbit and LOVE it.

Congrats on your loss!!! 12 lbs isn't anything to laugh at.. it takes work. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll see results.
  • cherylann1963
    Options
    welcome.
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you Mandi. Best of luck in reaching your goals. I know you can do it :). Feel free to add me if you like. Hope you are having an awesome start to your weekend :)