Working my butt off for two weeks and nothing?

Options
I just joined last week but was trying to lose weight a week before (family recommend this site) and I'm very confused. I've been exercising nearly everyday in these two weeks and always eat more on days like that, but I'm always under the calorie count from the exercise. On normal days I eat just below 1200 (like around 1100) and I weighed myself this morning and I lost nothing. I had been doing hard exercise like soccer and biking so they burn a lot. Could it be water weight or muscle gain? I may also be PMS so could that be an issue too?

Replies

• jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. You cannot lose weight with only eating that little plus exercising! Fuel your body!
  • sosokk
    sosokk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged..if u r on your period u will gain water ..I gain 2 lbs everytime I have it..then couples of days after done i can see the weight loss..continue what u r doing!!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Could it be water weight or muscle gain? I may also be PMS so could that be an issue too?
    Yes water weight. No muscle gain. Yes PMS. And eat more or this will continue to happen.
  • Renee253
    Renee253 Posts: 16
    Options
    I was working out strenously for 1 month and "guesstimating" my calories and didn't loose an ounce. I thought I had been overeating but when I started using the food tracker I realized I had been undereating. I am on a 1,500 calories or so diet now and I'm amazed at all I can eat and still be within my calorie range. Anyway, soon after I started tracking my calories I dropped two lbs.! I guess what they say is true, if you undereat your body goes into starvation mode and slows down your metabolism. I just know that it truly worked for me. Read my blog if you want more details.