Is There a Food/Drink You Just Can't Give Up?

Options

Replies

• Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    rice..!! i am indian..living in indian...and i cannot do without rice..nor will anyone allow me to not eat rice..it will become a "big" scandal...everyone will start accusing me of becoming "anglo" :/:/
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sushi (tempura maki, etc) and wine!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    coffee, i just have to have it
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ugh this thread is making me crave for something sweet... I know one thing I can't give up is ice cream and sopes (Mexican dish) I loveeee them soo much. Also Chinese food my weakness!!! I still go every now and then.
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    I have given up my favorite thing ever. Baking cookies. My signature choc chip cookies have 441 calories each. Giving up the baking has been harder than giving up the cookies

Not giving up gummy bears or peanut butter though.

I've just started baking! If you love it why give it up, there are lots of low fat / lower calorie recipes out there that are pretty nice... this morning i baked some apple cinnamon muffins, and some banana/coconut/choc chip muffins for the kids. its okay to still have something nice to eat and at less than 100 calories its not going to do too much damage at all :-)
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    White rice.

I just can't do it. I don't eat it that often but man it's just too good. It just goes so perfecly with my homemade chinese dishes!
  • dietsunkistmom
    Options
    Dietsunkist has a hold on me like no other! I've been doing this new diet for 5 days with no weight loss and I already want to STOP!!! My only comfort is my Dietsunkist, but I would LOVE to stop drinking it! I CRAVE IT!!! Come on ladies, I need encouragement to keep going! I am doing this with my dil, but she has more WILLPOWER than I'll ever have! I'm 58 years and I think it's a waste of my time to continue:o(
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    I cannot, will not, give up coffee. I have major sugar cravings at night. Well, junk food cravings...cheetos, chips, honey buns, frozen yogurt, cookies, cake...all that nasty ****. I have my coffee with 2 tsp of cream and that's only 40 calories, and it WORKS to curve them cravings EVERY TIME!! I also have a cup in the morning...to get me "going".
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Pasta! Good thing I've never needed to give it up! Pasta is one of the great loves in my life so I just make it fit in my calories! :drinker:
  • scrmngdsy
    scrmngdsy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dietsunkist has a hold on me like no other! I've been doing this new diet for 5 days with no weight loss and I already want to STOP!!! My only comfort is my Dietsunkist, but I would LOVE to stop drinking it! I CRAVE IT!!! Come on ladies, I need encouragement to keep going! I am doing this with my dil, but she has more WILLPOWER than I'll ever have! I'm 58 years and I think it's a waste of my time to continue:o(

Here's some motivation:

Diet sunkist (and virtually every diet soda) is sweetened with ASPARTAME. Extremely bad for you.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx
  • today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wine, peanut butter, super stinky provelone cheese, coffee(lifes essential), and pickles(so much sodium)
  • mpmyers36
    mpmyers36 Posts: 4
    Options
    Sushi! I love white fin tuna and scallions.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Dairy queen ice cream!
    I thought I would never be able to give up bread but I have surprisingly except french bread.
    Nachos from my favorite place along with the tortas but I've gone healthy by getting grilled chicken.
  • kathym42
    kathym42 Posts: 26
    Options
    Diet Coke was one I though I could never give up....I drank like 6 a day...told myself one a day..and after a few days of that, I didn't miss it at all and I still don't and my family is shocked, they never ever thought I'd give it up..me either..I don't even have the one a day anymore
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Really, am I the only spud fan? I know that I could lose so much more weight if I could stop eating potatoes, but a life without potatoes is just no life at all!

Another downfall of mine is Coca-Cola. I can't allow myself to start on it or I just can't stop. Last Coca-Cola binge...about 2 weeks ago. Truthfully, I consider it a NSV if I go out to a restaurant and drink water instead of a Coke!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Really, am I the only spud fan? I know that I could lose so much more weight if I could stop eating potatoes, but a life without potatoes is just no life at all!
    My girlfriend is the same. I truly think potatoes are one of the most boring foods on Earth. Parsnip > Potato tbh.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is the same. I truly think potatoes are one of the most boring foods on Earth. Parsnip > Potato tbh.

Parsnip? You mean that carrot looking thing? I don't even know how to cook those! LOL
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    CHOCOLATE MILK :D
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Olive garden....salad, dressing, breadsticks & chicken parmesan....YUM!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Cheese. And wine. Not necessarily together.