Workout Help

So, I had been trying to do some strength training, doing chest and arm machines monday, legs machines wednesdays, and shoulders and back machines on fridays. On those days I also do about 30 min of cardio (4mph at incline 15 on the treadmill), and an hour on the treadmill on the off days. For the weights I do like 3 sets of 12 reps each.

Two weeks of eating decently and trying to eat enough protein (about 135g on workout days and a little less on cardio days) and I was gaining weight and that was discouraging so i end up stopping and binging. I really need help on if those workouts are suitable (or if I should try higher weights at lower reps? Or something else completely.) My goal is to lose more weight and to get lean muscle, lose body fat, not bulk up really. Should I try eating something different, like a higher amount of calories, or more protein and less calories, or what? Sorry for all the questions, but the amount and style of work out and the type/amount of foods I should be eating is always worrying to me and confuses me to no end. Thanks guys!

Replies