Is There a Food/Drink You Just Can't Give Up?

Options

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Soda :(
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Really, am I the only spud fan? I know that I could lose so much more weight if I could stop eating potatoes, but a life without potatoes is just no life at all!
    My girlfriend is the same. I truly think potatoes are one of the most boring foods on Earth. Parsnip > Potato tbh.

Parsnip? You mean that carrot looking thing? I don't even know how to cook those! LOL
    Same way you roast a potato :love:
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A few cocktails every now and then. Particulary fresh margeritas and wine.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Really, am I the only spud fan? I know that I could lose so much more weight if I could stop eating potatoes, but a life without potatoes is just no life at all!
    My girlfriend is the same. I truly think potatoes are one of the most boring foods on Earth. Parsnip > Potato tbh.

Parsnip? You mean that carrot looking thing? I don't even know how to cook those! LOL
    Same way you roast a potato :love:

OK, I will pick some up and try that, but I just can't see it being better than homemade whipped potatoes...so yummy!
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    REAL butter on my popcorn. Not movie popcorn, the really good white popcorn air popped in the microwave and then melted butter drizzled over it, YUM! I limit myself to one tablespoon and I only have it about once a week but I decided early on I needed to find a way to keep that in my menus and I've been able to do it so far!

Cheese is my other downfall. I can and do eat the FF and RF versions but if it calls for 1/4 cup for the whole recipe, I inevitably put double just because it never looks like there's ENOUGH.... [sigh]
  • sophia5_k
    sophia5_k Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    chicken strip/ nuggets. I've loved them since I was a kid.
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    vanilla latte from starbucks
  • kathym42
    kathym42 Posts: 26
    Options
    Diet Coke...particularly one from a fountain, McDonalds, gas station, doesn't matter. I will go out of my way to get one! I have issues people!

I too have done all of the above....heck I'd even leave places if they didn't have diet coke..but I gave it up...still can't believe I did and I don't miss it, which is even more shocking
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The Meadow's Original Frozen Custard -The frozen yogurt flavor of the day changes every couple of days. a small dish or cone sets me back 90-110 calories depending on the flavor. I'm there about 3 times per week.
  • Dr229
    Dr229 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    YEP MY IS BOLTHOUSE FARMS PERFECTLY PROTEIN VANILLA CHAI TEA I HAVE TO HAVE ABOUT 2-3 A DAY. THE CALORIES ONLY ALLOWS ME TO HAVE 2 A DAY ALTHOUGH CHAI AND SOY (PROTEIN) ARE GOOD SOURCES OF ENERGY FOR ME
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tikka Masala.

That is the second time this week I have seen Tikka Masala, but I have no idea what it is! Please describe :D

I think it is God's way of showing heaven in food? lol. Kidding.

Its grilled (or tandoor oven cooked) chicken that is first marinated in ginger, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, yogurt, and other spices. Aftter it has absorbed for a half day to a day, its grilled. Then there is the sauce, which has a whole ton of spices, but is based on a tomato sauce with cream, cumin, paprika, curry powder, etc whatever the particular recipe is.

Its really not like anything I've ever had otherwise, but its an indian/british food so the flavors are very complex and just bloom in your mouth. Its intoxicating and incredible. You eat it with rice and or naan, which is like a pita but way better.

If you go to a restaurant, the quality will be really hit or miss. But if done right, its the best food in the world! :)

That sounds wonderful! I love indian spices and will be looking into this :) thx!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Another vote for anything with Aspartame in it.

I HATE myself every time I buy one but it's my one real indulgence and I've cut back on it a lot.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Here's some motivation:

Diet sunkist (and virtually every diet soda) is sweetened with ASPARTAME. Extremely bad for you.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx

Yup, it's nasty stuff.

And check out the "Sweet Misery" documentary for further evidence.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I have given up absolutely nothing...everything in moderation....I may only have coke once a month, but I will have it if I want it!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chips. I eat a handful every night.

You don't really need to give up any foods though.. just make the bad ones a special treat from time to time and watch your portion.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Nothing . Meaning there is nothing I am willing to give up. Sometimes I get a little anxiety because I hear of people who's doctors tell them to give up coffee. If that ever happened to me, I'd get a new doctor.
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread and potatoes! I love both! Mmmh I want a sandwich now!
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Peanutbutter. Could never do that to myself <\3 lol
    And cheesecake & ice cream.
    Oh and pizza.

=O all soo unhealthy but I love it!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been a little over a month with only 1 soda. I don't really miss the Mountain Dew but I do severly miss Cherry Limeaids from Sonic. And, I've yet to give up my Margaritas...baby steps...I'm working on it.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have given up absolutely nothing...everything in moderation....I may only have coke once a month, but I will have it if I want it!

And this is what I think makes taking it off and keeping it off possible. Moderation. Occasion. I'm not in this to deny myself. I'm in this to get healthier and fitter. Not to suffer. The one thing I like so far (and I'm just 3 weeks in) about MFP is that I told it I wanted to lose 1 lb a week. And I have a lot to lose. But I'm starting with a calorie number that is just requiring me to be mindful. And I realize that as time passes and the weight comes off that number will be coming down and I'll have to make some harder choices. But I don't expect to ever get to the point where I have to "give up" my Starbucks chai. Smaller size? Yes. Less often? Yes. But give up? Nothing I'll be giving up except for things that I discover along the way just aren't worth making a trade for in exercise or other ways.