I'm not hungry, but i still have over 1,000 calories left?

Options
2»

Replies

• BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Send them my way!
  • Reignofmongo
    Reignofmongo Posts: 137
    Options
    Great question! This happens to me especially on days I DON'T exercise because I'm just not as hungry. Like today, I have like 800 calories left and I'm about to get off work...I don't want to go home and eat because I'm probably going to bed as soon as I get home and I'm just not hungry...really liking reading these responses!

I'm opposite, on days I'm active... I have like no desire to eat. I force a couple protein shakes down throughout the day to make sure I hit my protein macro.
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You could sell them to other users. I bet you could make some good money.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    cheesecake
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    This has been happening to me lately when I have a later than usual workout. See how you feel when you are done your workout and eat a reasonable recovery snack that you enjoy if you can--unless you are just absolutely not hungry (which does not happen to me after an intense session). I usually enjoy an eatmore bar or something else that I might not be able to fit into a typical day. I don't stress if my net cals are still above 1200 cals. If you know you are going to have a big workout later in the day, try to spread some cals throughout the day so that you don't feel like you need to stuff your face at the end of the day. Plus, as others have mentioned, one low day is not the end of the world but it is about developing healthy habits over the long haul.
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'll start the bidding at $20!
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I often start craving protein after a good workout. I want a steak! If you don't feel like eating much after a workout, look for a small protein drink you can use to supply your body with what it needs to rebuild overnight, and let the extra calories wait until the next day, or even later in the week. I like Muscle Milk Light chocolate flavor and the Special K protein drinks. Especially if they're very cold. They're pretty small, only about a hundred calories, so if you just think of it as getting something to drink, not something to eat, it's easy to consume one of them. Remember, you want to make the most of your workout, and that means building as much muscle as you can -- you need protein to do that!
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I had 1000 calories left I would get a milkshake and fries.

Isn't that how we got in trouble in the first place though? ^^^^^^^

If you're not hungry, don't eat. Listen to your body, indeed. I know people who stopped counting calories all together and are in fine shape. They lost a lot of weight and keep it off by only eating when they are hungry. If we eat back our exercice cals in full everytime, I see it like rewarding ourselves with food. I for one want to get away from that practice :) Our bodies will tell us when we aren't eating enough.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have approximately 800 cals left today because I worked and went on a bike ride later with the kids. It is almost 11:30pm here and I am not real hungry. I may have a small snack, but I will not eat all the calories. I hope it kick starts my metabolism a bit because it has not been going so well for my liking here. After about 2 months I lost about 8 pounds, depending on the time of day.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have approximately 800 cals left today because I worked and went on a bike ride later with the kids. It is almost 11:30pm here and I am not real hungry. I may have a small snack, but I will not eat all the calories. I hope it kick starts my metabolism a bit because it has not been going so well for my liking here. After about 2 months I lost about 8 pounds, depending on the time of day.

My weight lost stopped completely. Look into calorie cycling. MFP sets us too low in my opinion on calories and I read that our bodies get use to functioning at lower calories after a while. cycling calories keeps your metabolism moving and your weekly calories will be the same. I've just started.

this site will let you figure out how to zig zag your calories. You might have to tweak the #s a bit for it to allow you to look at a zIg zag chart. Once you put in your info, scroll down and it should let you see your extreme fat loss calorie intake and under that will be the zig zag button. I had to lower my weight in order to get it to show me extreme fat loss/zig zag.
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You could sell them to other users. I bet you could make some good money.

:laugh: This!!! haha, I wish our bodies worked that way!