Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 17

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
so yesterday was actually a really good day! i woke up happy, and was looking forward to the challenges that lay ahead and went into the day full of optimism. i had meetings all morning, and one went right through snack, so i kindof overdid it at lunch, but i made up for it later in the day. here is how it all broke down:

breakfast:
1 cup kashi
1 cup skim milk
1 banana

snack:
about 10 almonds. big whoop.

lunch:
bacon cheeseburger from the keg. it was fantastic. well worth the 3 hour wait through our morning
meeting.
french fries with little bit of ketchup
1/4 brownie sundae (shared with the girls. normally i would have ordered one just for myself)
few bites of creme brulee.

supper:
huge tossed salad with 2 tbsp. homemade olive oil vinaigrette, with tomatoes and cukes
6 oz. roasted pork loin
1 large potato, mashed with 1 tsp. becel and skim milk
1/4 red pepper, roasted
1 cup skim milk

so i went over my calories for the day, but not by that much. i also walked at a moderate pace to and from work for 30 minutes total, and also walked for 53 minutes at a brisk pace after work (5K... not too shabby).

i was thiking about signing up for a half marathon with the ultra fit girls from work on june 8th. i started having second thoughts because of the short time to get ready, and also the large expense. well i paid for it yesterday. 80 bucks! i'm committed, now. i went for a 5k walk yesterday, and it felt good, although the last kilometer was uphill and i thought my legs were going to fall off, i defintiely think the 22k is acheivable. i have 4.5 weeks left to train, so i'm going to try really hard. i'm sore today, but it more of a tired-sore than a sore sore. you know you walked alot when you added 700 calories to your daily intake lol.

so today i am feeling good. there is an office party today, and they are bringing in sushi for everyone, but i brought my own lunch so i can monitor what i am eating. also i'm not the biggest sushi fan. here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
1 banana
20 almonds

snack:
22 almonds
mini carrots
small yogurt

lunch:
small tossed slad with 2 tbsp. homemade olive oil vinaigrette, with tomatoes and cukes
4oz. roasted pork loin
1 large potato, mashed with 1 tsp. becel and skim milk'
1/4 red pepper, roasted

snack:
1 orange
sliced cukes
granola bar (if hungry)

supper:
steak, rice and gravy

exercise:
walking 30 minutes total to and from work
30 minute walk before supper, moderate pace

i've been working long hours lately so i am really tired in the evenings, so the temptation not to cook has been strong. however, going to the marathon (in a different town) is going to cost alot with travel and hotels so i need to watch my money. makes it easy not to eat out.

mini goals for today:
not to fall asleep at my desk
follow my meal plan
go for a short, easy walk even though i'm tired and sore
not binge after work
not to use the weekend as an excuse to overeat.

here is to today!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so yesterday was actually a really good day! i woke up happy, and was looking forward to the challenges that lay ahead and went into the day full of optimism. i had meetings all morning, and one went right through snack, so i kindof overdid it at lunch, but i made up for it later in the day. here is how it all broke down:

breakfast:
    1 cup kashi
    1 cup skim milk
    1 banana

snack:
    about 10 almonds. big whoop.

lunch:
    bacon cheeseburger from the keg. it was fantastic. well worth the 3 hour wait through our morning
    meeting.
    french fries with little bit of ketchup
    1/4 brownie sundae (shared with the girls. normally i would have ordered one just for myself)
    few bites of creme brulee.

supper:
    huge tossed salad with 2 tbsp. homemade olive oil vinaigrette, with tomatoes and cukes
    6 oz. roasted pork loin
    1 large potato, mashed with 1 tsp. becel and skim milk
    1/4 red pepper, roasted
    1 cup skim milk

so i went over my calories for the day, but not by that much. i also walked at a moderate pace to and from work for 30 minutes total, and also walked for 53 minutes at a brisk pace after work (5K... not too shabby).

i was thiking about signing up for a half marathon with the ultra fit girls from work on june 8th. i started having second thoughts because of the short time to get ready, and also the large expense. well i paid for it yesterday. 80 bucks! i'm committed, now. i went for a 5k walk yesterday, and it felt good, although the last kilometer was uphill and i thought my legs were going to fall off, i defintiely think the 22k is acheivable. i have 4.5 weeks left to train, so i'm going to try really hard. i'm sore today, but it more of a tired-sore than a sore sore. you know you walked alot when you added 700 calories to your daily intake lol.

so today i am feeling good. there is an office party today, and they are bringing in sushi for everyone, but i brought my own lunch so i can monitor what i am eating. also i'm not the biggest sushi fan. here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 banana
    20 almonds

snack:
    22 almonds
    mini carrots
    small yogurt

lunch:
    small tossed slad with 2 tbsp. homemade olive oil vinaigrette, with tomatoes and cukes
    4oz. roasted pork loin
    1 large potato, mashed with 1 tsp. becel and skim milk'
    1/4 red pepper, roasted

snack:
    1 orange
    sliced cukes
    granola bar (if hungry)

supper:
    steak, rice and gravy

exercise:
    walking 30 minutes total to and from work
    30 minute walk before supper, moderate pace

i've been working long hours lately so i am really tired in the evenings, so the temptation not to cook has been strong. however, going to the marathon (in a different town) is going to cost alot with travel and hotels so i need to watch my money. makes it easy not to eat out.

mini goals for today:
    not to fall asleep at my desk
    follow my meal plan
    go for a short, easy walk even though i'm tired and sore
    not binge after work
    not to use the weekend as an excuse to overeat.

here is to today!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good job! Sounds like you're motivated & have a great attitude!!

Keep it up! :smile:
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've been reading your posts & haven't commented yet...

I just have to say - I admire your persistence! 17 days - you're now in for the long haul :happy:

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • remerp
    remerp Posts: 7
    Options
    everyday is getting better,
    go you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    everyday is getting better,
    go you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:

once again i've written a post under my bf login !!!!!!
    argghhh
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Nice job! That was impressive to split a dessert with 4 people - you are making good progress! :flowerforyou: I am glad you seem happier too!