How to you guys help your sore feet

Options
butterflylover527
butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
I was on my feet a lot today and my feet KILL! I can feel them throbbing.

What do you guys do when your feet are this sore? I need some relief....

Replies

• butterflylover527
    Options
    :sad:
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did it tonight, Ped Egg and lotsa lotion. I spend a lot of time on my feet too.

Alleve for the pain.

I couldn't tolerate a massage. I dunno if this helps.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I work in fast food and am on my feet anywhere from 30-50 hours per week.
    My feet hardly ever get sore anymore, long as you get the right shoes! You will get used to it :)
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Hey!

I work in fast food and am on my feet anywhere from 30-50 hours per week.
    My feet hardly ever get sore anymore, long as you get the right shoes! You will get used to it :)

True, first day of work so obviously I'm sore lol. I think I need shoe inserts....
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would invest i a good pair of shoes for the total support. Can you wear sneakers to work?

I have prescribed inserts for my shoes and the doc told me what kinda show to wear with them... Being on your feet, good shoes is worth the invest. Flat....
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I find taking a hot bath and soaking them helps a lot too. I am on my feet a lot during the day and a nice hot soak or bubble bath to where I can soak my feet feels heavenly!!!
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    All I'm allowed to wear are sneakers lol. And man a hot foot soak sounds amazing!! I literally can't walk right now and its almost 1230 am so I think ill do that in the morning (if I can sleep w/ the throbbing :/ )

But keep the ideas coming!!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    All I'm allowed to wear are sneakers lol. And man a hot foot soak sounds amazing!! I literally can't walk right now and its almost 1230 am so I think ill do that in the morning (if I can sleep w/ the throbbing :/ )

ohh i wish i could wear sneakers :(
    are they fitted perfectly? if they're not they'll be giving you more problems in the future.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My daughter is in ballet, trust me...I know all about foot pain...there's a lotion out there called Foot Balm, it's made by the same company that makes bunheads...

i LOVE that stuff...it really works for us.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Fill a 2 liter soda bottle with water and freeze it. Wrap a towel around it, and roll it on the floor with each foot for 15 minutes.
  • butterflylover527
    Options

ohh i wish i could wear sneakers :(
    are they fitted perfectly? if they're not they'll be giving you more problems in the future.

Nope, that are $10 I got from the store w/ squishy inserts lol
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    My daughter is in ballet, trust me...I know all about foot pain...there's a lotion out there called Foot Balm, it's made by the same company that makes bunheads...

i LOVE that stuff...it really works for us.

I'll look it up, thanks!
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Fill a 2 liter soda bottle with water and freeze it. Wrap a towel around it, and roll it on the floor with each foot for 15 minutes.

....that sounds amazing!!!!!
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    I purchase and use after market inserts in all my shoes. Don't buy cheap shoes either and buy enough pairs to rotate so they don't wear out as fast. I have one pair of shoes that I use just for walking in the morning. I don't wear them to work, shopping, anything else. They are my walking shoes. I have 3 pairs of shoes I can rotate for work as I work typically 6 days a week and it's not uncommon for my days to be 12 hours or so.

Ask people in your area about local shoe stores and who they know can be helpful. There's a local store here that is owned by a gentleman that is very knowledgeable about feet conditions, soreness, inserts, etc. Many local podiatrists send their patients to him for proper fitting and info.
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    I purchase and use after market inserts in all my shoes. Don't buy cheap shoes either and buy enough pairs to rotate so they don't wear out as fast. I have one pair of shoes that I use just for walking in the morning. I don't wear them to work, shopping, anything else. They are my walking shoes. I have 3 pairs of shoes I can rotate for work as I work typically 6 days a week and it's not uncommon for my days to be 12 hours or so.

Ask people in your area about local shoe stores and who they know can be helpful. There's a local store here that is owned by a gentleman that is very knowledgeable about feet conditions, soreness, inserts, etc. Many local podiatrists send their patients to him for proper fitting and info.

Awesome idea, thanks!!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    They may not help you shape up but I started wearing the skechers Tone ups a few years ago and my foot pain nearly disappeared, even on long days on concrete. The last step recently to curing it was compression socks, I had fought them forever but finally gave up after a leg vein ultrasound revealed some issues and omg, I can't believe how much better I feel in the morning. If you think it might help check out a cool website called rejuvahealth, not your grandmas socks lol.
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    They may not help you shape up but I started wearing the skechers Tone ups a few years ago and my foot pain nearly disappeared, even on long days on concrete. The last step recently to curing it was compression socks, I had fought them forever but finally gave up after a leg vein ultrasound revealed some issues and omg, I can't believe how much better I feel in the morning. If you think it might help check out a cool website called rejuvahealth, not your grandmas socks lol.

LOL! I'll take a look, thanks!
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A good foot soak, and then some peppermint cream or lotion rubbed in, it refreshes your feet and stops the burning...Even rub the lotion up your ankles to help as well...The peppermint cream should be able to get from the chemist or somewhere like the bodyshop....It's made for sore, tired feet.
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    A good foot soak, and then some peppermint cream or lotion rubbed in, it refreshes your feet and stops the burning...Even rub the lotion up your ankles to help as well...The peppermint cream should be able to get from the chemist or somewhere like the bodyshop....It's made for sore, tired feet.

That sounds like heaven right now!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Fill a foot basin 1/3 with ice, add water to half way point, insert feet keep them there until they are numb(15-20 min). Ice is a great anti-inflammatory.