Peanut Butter on this side of the pond?!

Options
Ayirela
Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
Anyone know a good peanut butter that can be bought in Ireland??? I use to love peanut butter and since I've moved over here I've no clue what would be a good peanut butter to get. I keep seeing all these recipes on here for peanut butter!! So any help is so appreciated!

Thanks guys!!!!

Replies

• nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i LOVE pb2...its 45 cals for 2 tbsp and you can buy it online..im pretty sure they will ship it to you in Ireland and its not too crazy expensive either.
  • Ayirela
    Options
    the name is pb2? Is it nice peanut butter? I know I've tried some that just left a horrible taste in my mouth before hence the random post asking what to get lol.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    the name is pb2? Is it nice peanut butter? I know I've tried some that just left a horrible taste in my mouth before hence the random post asking what to get lol.

I love PB2 however it is not quite the same texture as regular peanut butter, it's not creamy at all. It does taste like peanuts and you can add things to make it creamy like a little butter. If your looking for reduced calories it in my opinion is the way to go, if your looking for a creamy melt in your mouth and beg for seconds type this wouldn't be it.

But you would have to have it shipped and I not sure what shipping fees would cost not to mention if you have to pay custom fees.
  • Ayirela
    Options
    I'm not sure, I will take a look into it. I opened the site, it said it was powder....but I guess powder can be good because you can mix it into everything. Thanks!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    PB2 is powder, 2 tablespoons of it to 1 tablespoon of water. It comes in chocolate and regular. I add to protein shakes but also mix it to put on bread, crackers, celery. It's not bad, but its not JIF, Skippy and the other full calorie/full carb peanut butter either.
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My son brings me some from the States when he comes, I have never found any here that I enjoy. Mom comes in September, I ask her to brings some extra jars. What brand?
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use Whole Earth I can get it in Tesco.
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I use Sainsbury's crunchy peanut butter, but you could always try looking on Cyber Candy (www.cybercandy.co.uk) - do all sorts of American,Aussie,South African etc etc sweets and other bits, I'm sure they do peanut butter as well
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    If you can find Whole Earth brand, that is my favourite! They also make a Nutella-like spread and it's amazing.
  • julieb1975
    Options
    Costco in the UK sells Skippy I believe...
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    There are many versions of homemade pb online.i chose this one to paste here because it has the calorie/nutrition counts at the bottom. I never did this but my friend swears by homemade. Enjoy!

http://kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/recipes/peanut_butter.html
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    do you guys get the Dutch brand Calvé there? Really good stuff.
  • iGlad
    iGlad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use a Tesco own brand as I only use it sparingly
  • murphmurph07
    murphmurph07 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Whole Earth is very good as is another similar brand called Kelkin. Neither have salt or sugar added and both the crunchy and smooth varieties are delicious. You can get them both in tesco so I'd imagine there are available in Dunnes/Superquinn etc. Your local health food shop should stock a range of them too.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've heard Whole Earth is a good brand, and a few people have mentioned it on here. I remember seeing it in Tesco and Asda, I've just not bought it yet.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I use the whole earth one too. I like the crunchy best but tend to buy the smooth as its easier to spread and therefore i dont use as much. (in theory anyway)
    I must admit i am guilty of just dipping the spoon back in for a bit more that then goes straight in my mouth. Yumm
  • Eadne
    Eadne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Suma peanut butter is lovely - no added oil, salt or sugar, just 100% peanuts. It can taste a little bland until you get used to it - but once your tastebuds adjust, your previous sugary/salty brand of peanut butter will taste yucky!
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    peanuts + food processor = peanut butter. :happy: