Meals for BIG APPETITES

Options
funkyspunky872
funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
I can't be the only one. Sometimes, I can barely finish a lean cuisine, to be honest... And some days, I'm seemingly starving! So I'd thought we could all share some of those big meals with reasonable calories.

1. Spaghetti Squash Marinara (326 - 346 calories)

2.5 cups cooked spaghetti squash
1 medium zuchinni, chopped or sliced and grilled with non-stick spray
1/2 cup marinara sauce (roughly equal to 70 cals per serving)
3 oz. grilled chicken (I use pre-cooked grilled chicken breasts, because I don't really trust myself with cooking! :P )
1 tbsp parmesan cheese, optional

Mix all cooked ingredients together and serve! This one is always too much for me to eat, actually. The portion is a little ridiculous. :blushing: I just save the rest for later. And actually... With only 350ish calories, you could have bread or even dessert with it (if you even have room!).

2. Bertolli Meal Soup - Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta ( 580 cals)

Haha, this is actually a frozen soup made for two, but if you're realllly hungry, 580 cals for the entire bag! Couldn't finish this one either, but hey, no guilt here even if I could.

What do you guys eat when your appetite is raging?

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I have been making a lot of wraps, tacos, fajitas, ect using Joseph's Lavash. It's a super huge retangular wrap that's only 100 caloires.

Lately I use it for a big lunch. I'll stuff it with pickles (0 cal), lean turkey lunch meat (12 slices for 100 cal), iceburg salad mix (15 cal for 1 1/2 cup), sandwich hots (5 cal for 1 tbsp), turkey bacon (35 cal/slice) & light ranch dip (45 cal for 2 tbsp). I'll also throw tomatoes and stuff on it to bulk it even more. Essentially I'll have a giant wrap that I can barely fit in my mouth for only 350 or 400 calories.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't know what constitutes 'reasonable calories' as we all have different caloric goals but my go-to's fall in between 400-600 cals. I don't eat ten times a day so bigger meals work for me.

Take rice
    Take meat
    Pick a veg

Put all together in a BIG bowl and mow down.

Example-
    Five Eggs
    1.5c rice
    bag of frozen broccoli cuts
    1-3 stalk celery cut up
    Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper for stir fry

10oz ground beef
    1.5c rice
    summer squash sliced
    Add bbq sauce and hot sauce if you're feeling frisky.

10oz chicken
    1.5c rice
    4 stalk celery, chopped
    1cup cottage cheese
    2-4tbsp of ranch dressing
    Microwave till cottage cheese melts- Ranch Rice
  • KristyStuebe
    KristyStuebe Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    GREAT!! THANK YOU!!
  • heatherina1983
    Options
    Veggi Chilli.

I never cook with exact quantities but I fry up some veg such as zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, add tomatoes, kidney beans and soya mince. Simmer for about an hour, serve with brown rice. I always cook plenty and then can have it for days with different things such as a small jacket potato.
  • shakespearessister
    Options
    Salad...I've found that if I stuff whatever I'm eating with greens, it fills me up without a lot of extra calories. I use organic spring mix (it has a ton of different greens like spinach, radicchio, arugula, etc). Even if I'm just eating an egg on half a gluten free wrap, I'll stuff all the greens I can get on it. For an extra 20ish calories, I get a lot of nutrition and a lot of bulk. It sticks with me too, when I have it with the protein from egg and carbs froms the half wrap.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've used the frozen dinners over salad!!! My all time fav is lean cuisine rice and beans over a bed of lettuce. Its like a way healthy tostada salad. Oh and topped with salsa ( i never did like dressing or sour cream on my tostada salads)

Mmmm mmmm good. I suppose you could make your own fajitas and do the same. Im usually ravaged after a day of work and a workout session that i want something quick and easy! I pop it in the microwave when i get home- go shower and by the time im done, its at a edible temp!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    spaghetti & meatsauce or a pizza
    heck, even just a big chicken breast and a sweet potato
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have been making a lot of wraps, tacos, fajitas, ect using Joseph's Lavash. It's a super huge retangular wrap that's only 100 caloires.

Lately I use it for a big lunch. I'll stuff it with pickles (0 cal), lean turkey lunch meat (12 slices for 100 cal), iceburg salad mix (15 cal for 1 1/2 cup), sandwich hots (5 cal for 1 tbsp), turkey bacon (35 cal/slice) & light ranch dip (45 cal for 2 tbsp). I'll also throw tomatoes and stuff on it to bulk it even more. Essentially I'll have a giant wrap that I can barely fit in my mouth for only 350 or 400 calories.
    But the sodium, omg!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've used the frozen dinners over salad!!! My all time fav is lean cuisine rice and beans over a bed of lettuce. Its like a way healthy tostada salad. Oh and topped with salsa ( i never did like dressing or sour cream on my tostada salads)

Mmmm mmmm good. I suppose you could make your own fajitas and do the same. Im usually ravaged after a day of work and a workout session that i want something quick and easy! I pop it in the microwave when i get home- go shower and by the time im done, its at a edible temp!!!

I do this too when I am really hungry and the family is having something I would rather not indulge in ;) I take a healthy Choice Steamer and dump it over two servings of cooked frozen veg mix (usually arctic gardens Cali or San Francisco mix) I always add extra spice and a bit of water to the sauce to make it go further. It makes a big bowl of food for less than 400 calories depending on the flavor of dinner. Red pepper Alfredo and beef merlot are my favorites. I am not freaked out by sodium so I have no problem eating these :wink: