Getting a date at the gym

Options

Replies

• TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When nobody is looking, go into the women's locker room and stuff yourself inside a locker and close the door. When a girl opens the locker you are in say "You are the chosen one!" works like a charm.

Oh. My. God. Coffee out the nose! Bravo :drinker:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Having read all the replies, I have a problem. I'd rather date the girl who is really training hard than the girl who is looking to get chatted up by men.
    Some guy at the gym grabbed my boob last week. He was woozy getting off the elliptical so I gave him a pass. You could try that.

Well, tell us which gym you go to and what times.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    sorry i am an *kitten*

LOL no you're not, great points though. I agree if I had a gym within 100 miles of me and had baby sitter so I could go work out I would not want someone messing with me as I am there to work. BUT if I showed up all dolled up then yeah I am there to get attention. There is a huge difference. Hell I work out at home and when I want the living room to myself I am a mess and take up the whole living room with my work out if I am trying to get the hubby to notice how much work I am putting in I am dressed a little nicer.
  • lil_bear0811
    Options
    My feeling about make up at the gym and looking cute to impress.... If you still look cute at the end of your work out... you didn't work out hard enough.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to express your interest in a girl that's there to work out and not just look pretty. Smile when you come and go. She'll notice and probably be flattered. Then, if she takes the ear buds out, you'll know you have an open door! Compliment her on something specific. Like eyes or smile. Not just a "you look great" in general. It shows your paying attention and not creepy :) Good luck!
    ^ this. I'm usually the only girl in the free weight area and people leave me alone. I wouldn't mind a kind a word every once in a while. I'm married but I wear gloves so you wouldn't spot the ring, so be careful. Ask her about her "program", but beware and don't offer unsolicited advice. Don't offer to help pick up weights, it's insulting.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    When nobody is looking, go into the women's locker room and stuff yourself inside a locker and close the door. When a girl opens the locker you are in say "You are the chosen one!" works like a charm.

lmao!!

so i'm the girl at the gym with headphones in and a book to read when i'm on the stair master/elliptical and i cannot stand it when people still try to talk to me! call me a b**** but i'm at the gym to work out, not to make dates

then again, my gym is 80% elderly so maybe it's just the the fact that i get annoyed with 85 year old creepy men talking to me, lol
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    I think as a general rule, if someone is wearing earphones while working out that tends to mean they do not, under any circumstances, want to be disturbed by anyone! At least that's how it is at my gym...
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I get stared at a lot but never really approached. I think its mostly because I lift very intense and heavy. I think many guys may think that is not the norm for a girl. I have seen many times where I'm actually lifting more than some of the guys there, if not the same then they give there buddies a, "DAMN!" look. Lol. But I agree, I don't like to be interrupted during a workout but I would still acknowledge you and smile (unless you stink to high heaven! Lol). I see nothing wrong with being approached after a workout though, but its never happened to me. Lol
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    first things first if he is only benching 350 he is a clown and dont worry about him,..

Aware.
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh and there is nothing to be said about a girl looking cute when she goes to the gym. Hell, I come straight from my office job in nice clothes, makeup, heels, and hair neat. But look at the girl after her workout. If she is still cute, she is probably not all that serious about her workout. I look a hot mess after mine. ;) Lol.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough...I'm not the type to be interested in ANYONE going somewhere to be 'hit on'...gym, club, or anywhere else.
    Please don't hit on anyone at the gym unless you know she actually wants you to.

Personally, the gym is my sanctuary...it's one of the only places I go and don't have to be "on", wear makeup, dress cute, or impress anyone. I think a lot of women feel that way. I appreciate a smile or chit chat here and there, but most of the time I'm there to sweat, and that's it!

This is funny lol...the one who's not scared to be herself without all the 'extra' is the one I'd be interested in. Not that I don't like the extra...but someone confident without it...that's hot.
    You shouldn't come off creepy unless they notice you staring a lot.

The 'Coregasm!' thread totally ruined this approach for me =(. Now every chick doing leg lifts or on that damn leg curl machine is intently scrutinized for signs of the big 'O'.

/sigh
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I have to say the whole "bring another bottle of water to the gym and offer her it" thats pretty smooth.... try that one ;) Also just start by saying hello or giving a nod , like "whats up girl!"
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    i was asked if i was married the other day at the gym after work(can't wear my wedding band to work, so I didn't have it on at the time). I was flattered and it made my day, even though I am married. just make sure it is not forced and don't bother their workout.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I have to say the whole "bring another bottle of water to the gym and offer her it" thats pretty smooth.... try that one ;) Also just start by saying hello or giving a nod , like "whats up girl!"

Just be sure all the 'love assistance' powder is completely dissolved first.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    first things first if he is only benching 350 he is a clown and dont worry about him,.. second.. why does it have to be about steroids because some one is bigger than you.. what ever.. bull**** excuse you have..

girls in the gym.. its not hard pick wisely.. you can tell the ones that are there to work out and the ones that are there to pick up dudes.. the ones there to work out will be sweaty hair a mess hardley any make up left if she has any at all.. DO NOT TALK TO THIS GIRL..

find the one pissing around all dolled up in the latest fashin hair done make up all right.. and just be yourself and talk weights at first.. because your in the gymm.. and just follow suit.. ther eis no magical line that will work everytime for every girl.. they are different ya know..

totally agree with this, I'm married so I go to the gym strictly to workout, I'm always open to new friends but it's quite obvious when I'm sweating my *kitten* off, no make-up, blaring my music and going from machine to machine or workout to workout that I don't want to be bothered. Nice observation! You should share that with many more people lol
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've always been at the gym for me first and foremost. I'll check out the hotties in the weight section, but they are there for a workout, and so am I. More than once I'll end up using equipment next to them, but while busting my *kitten*, I'll catch them checking me out. Usually its while supersetting, and I'm making a small puddle beneath me of sweat (lil exaggeration here).

I get motivated if I think I am being noticed by a cute girl, and on more than one occasion I've made friends because they'll talk to me first (only the sweaty ones there to work out will talk to me, I'm probably too gross for the ones done up and not actually doing anything).

Bust your *kitten*, sweat your *kitten* off, and push yourself to your limits day after day. Give a curt head nod to the girls you see there regularly, and think of it as an acknowledgement that you're both there to do the same thing, bust your *kitten*. You'll find it won't be long before you're in conversation. But keep the chatter to a minimum, you're there to work out, remember?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Ask her how she's doing. Ask her what she's listening to.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options

This totally made me LMAO - scared my co worker!!

I have never been hit on at the gym so I wouldnt know what to tell you. Only advice I can give you is - dont be creepy about it!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Bring an extra bottle of water and offer it to her, ask her to spot you, smile at her and stay hello when you are passing by, be genuine and sweet and she'll notice you too. If you frequent the gym a lot and so does she, you'll get to know her. Just pick a girl you like and try not to mack on the whole gym. A girl wants to feel special, not that she just said yes first. Be patient, and be you. She'll notice! :)

great advice *scribbles notes*
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I say tread lightly...and as one said you can tell the ones not there to 'workout' bc I honestly don't want to be asked out when I am getting my Amazonian kick-butt workout on....so just know if one turns you down it is not you just some like the gym as their safe haven, place to get frustration out, pretend in a death match....you get the deal. If it does not workout then the gym is not longer a place of domain of FREEDOM.