RaWr ... I don't want to eat

Options
Ayirela
Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
I want to do another set on my kettlebells and do some cardio. Yet, MFP tells me I'm still behind on 422 cals to eat. I'm not hungry what so ever! It is 8:00 PM at night. I just want to do a little more exercise because I have this random energy boost! So, what can I do about the cals? I don't have 1200 NET as it is....but I know I didn't do enough exercise today to make me happy so unless I burn off this energy I'm going to rocket through the ceiling! ^.^

Replies

• JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    peanut butter
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Why eat if you truly aren't hungry? Unless you're taking a diet pill or some other appetite suppressant, I think you should listen to what your body is telling you. Obviously, I'm no doctor, take that with a grain of salt! (Or half a grain, if you're watching sodium!)
  • Ayirela
    Options
    I don't have any peanut butter....and so many people have said we're supposed to net 1200 if we don't our body does some sort of starvation....

I'm not taking any diet pills what-so-ever....I've just found eating healthier than what I was plus adding in exercise makes me no where near as hungry as I was.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if you're hungry - eat.
    if you're not - don't!

best advice
  • haheisick
    haheisick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eating under your 1200 allowance a couple days will not place you into starvation mode. :) That takes MONTHS. Listen to your body - if you're not hungry, enjoy the feeling and don't force yourself to eat!
  • Ayirela
    Options
    Great! Thanks guys! I was had my feathers ruffled because I'm still new to all of this and confused 90% of the time! Going to go put in some more exercise time!! Thanks again!!
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    if you're hungry - eat.
    if you're not - don't!

best advice
    Im not sure about this advice...

Ask someone who was 300lbs over weight how they got there.... they might tell you I was hungry so I ate.

Ask someone who is severely underweight how they got there.... I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat.

now thats extreme examples. If you wait till your thirsty to drink water, you probably are all ready somewhat dehydrated. You need to keep up with fueling your body.

listent to you body, yes but that doesn't mean its always right for perfect health.

We are not perfect though so its your call.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    if you have 422 calories and you still want to exercise i wouldn't. i had energy yesterday too but i don't want to have like 600-700 calories left. you really need to net your 1200 because that is the lowest you can eat and u need the calories to get thru everyday life. if you go ahead and burn even more you have more cals to eat for tomorrow and i definately suggest you eat them tomorrow :).