Herbalife Friends needed

Options
Hello. I am 27 and have been on the Herbalife diet since June 1st. I was weighing in at 203 and my height is 5 feet 6 inches.

Thrilled with herbalife since it has helped curbed my appetite. I have lost 13 lbs and an inch off my waist since I began.
Wish I had more results on my waist and neck size instead of change the scale.....but I am open to trying new ideas and different stuff

Looking to meet my BMI recommended weight of 160 by the beginning of Sept. I have a little more than 2 months left!

I am in a weight loss challenge with coworkers and want to seek ideas on healthy ways to accomplish my goal.

I am also open to suggestions on ways to improve my diary intake. Sometimes I don't always reach my calorie intake recommendations and want to avoid the starvation mode which some say can stall weight-loss

I REALLY need suggestions on colorful meals to use while I am not on the shakes.

Obviously losing 40 lbs in a span of 3 months is a risky goal that will require sacrifices on my part. But it is only a 3 month massive personal undertaking project to change my lifestyle.

After the 3 months are over....I can slowly transition myself to healthy nutritional lifestyle with balanced food and exercise that doesn't require supplements or require me to return to my fast food bonanza.

Since June 1st.....Currently I take the following twice a day:

Herbalife Formula 1 shake
Herbalife Tea w/Aloe
Aminogen
Total Control
MuliVitamin
Cell-u-loss
Cell Activator
Thermo-Bond

Just purchased Prolessa Duo and curious to see if it adds a extra kick into my fat loss goals.

I also push myself to drink 80ox of water per day

Replies

• future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't do any of the diet plan stuff, but I do drink the lemon herbal tea mix (drinking it now) and the aloe water- really helps with my digestion. People are going to really jump on you though because selling that stuff on here is not ok. Didn't think you mentioned selling, but this is how a lot of sellers start off so if you aren't selling be ready. Now if you are trying to sell....stop.

And I know, I know herbal life haters there is lots of other herbal tea I could drink but I like that this just mixes in to water easily and it takes better than other "no brew" tea I have tried
  • dmartinez87533
    Options
    Not selling since obviously the diet isn't for everyone......my coach was trying to convince me to invite my family mbrs who live near me by saying they get discounts and stuff but I told her it was just a temp 3 month weight-loss plan for me and nothing else. Learn my lesson a few yrs ago when I got lured into selling Southwestern educational books as an Independent contractor. I fell flat on my face and never again will I do multi-level sorta stuff.

I am on the diet purely and soley to lose weight and body fat quick and easy. I have heard success stories and thus I got lured into it as a novice customer. Cheaper than getting a gym membership or buying those gross Slim Fast/Ensure stuff that didn't keep me motivated to consume.

I use to eat fast food everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And *shock* drink approx. 60 oz. of COCA-COLA per day! No exercise whatsoever and given my sedentary activity level as a teller.......No wonder I got obese according to BMI and no wonder my doctor told me I had elevated LDL.

I admit the stuff is expensive but I figure the money I spend on McDonalds/fast food in the past was the same. At least now I have something in terms of weight-loss to show for it and I plan on stopping my extreme goals once the weight-loss challenge at my work is done.

Once I hit my BMI goal of 160lbs and once I get a clean blood lab test report from the follow-up with my doctor on the first week of September.....rest assured I am gonna trim down my Herbalife Diet, subsequent expenses, and seek maintenance mode where I simply maintain my weight and health instead of staying hooked on something I don't need long-term. Believe I won't be able to afford to spend $200 a month on diet supplements long-term. 3 months and then I will figure something else out.

Perhaps instead of my extreme unhealthy mode of McDonalds everyday.....I slowly trade it for healthy food plans such as Subway.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your hard earned cash on that stuff, all you need to do is sort out your diet for a healthy eating way of life and you will soon lose weight, my friend had a bad experience with a rep who told her she needed to lose loads of weight ( when she didn't) and made her buy loads of products, they work on commission and will say anything to sell their stuff healthy eating is the only way and it tastes much nicer, you can do it with help from people on here and the best thing is is it's free xx
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your hard earned cash on that stuff, all you need to do is sort out your diet for a healthy eating way of life and you will soon lose weight, my friend had a bad experience with a rep who told her she needed to lose loads of weight ( when she didn't) and made her buy loads of products, they work on commission and will say anything to sell their stuff healthy eating is the only way and it tastes much nicer, you can do it with help from people on here and the best thing is is it's free xx
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yea I dont really know about the rest of their products, but i really love the two that I use. I am sure you'll find some people on here who use or have used it and like it. I just wanted to give you a heads up that you might get some anger thrown your way by people who assume youre selling. Good luck to you! I'll be interested to hear more about your journey. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I use their protein powder for my morning shakes. I love it! I actaully was in a Herbalife weightloss challenge that ended in March...I won! :smile: Add me as a buddy if you like.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    add my sister: she's an herbalife devotee:

melliamsburg

25 years old

Navarre, FL
  • kristirlk
    kristirlk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3lbs and 20 inches from herbalife. I started on June 2nd! Good luck to you!
  • Mariacarr1992
    Mariacarr1992 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello
    My names Maria , last year i weighed 15 stone and i went on herbal life for 3 weeks and lost about 9 pounds, however when i found out my boyfriend had cheated on me, lets just say the diet went tits up and out came the ben and jerry's. Now I weight 15 stone 9 and today is my first day back on herbal life horraaay! I thought it was going okay until..... the football started, now i purposely drove to the pub so i wouldnt get drunk but i had a sneaky bottle of bud and omg once you have one you have to have another but i didnt i stuck to one and drove back at 10. now you are all thinking omg girl its only been a day but when you have mates around you which i do constantly i live with them, teling you sod the diet its hard, and i know in a few days i will reach the wall( if you have watched run fat boy run ) youll understand the term "the wall" so anyhow i am looking for people on here to basically help kick each other up the backside and tell each other to shut up moaning and get on with it.... obviously in a nice way and hey maybe get to know each other on the way. So this is the part where you reply :) hope to hear from you all soon x
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add the Protein drink mix to your shakes, I blend mine with water, ice, shake mix & the protein drink mix. Sometimes I add powder peanut butter.
    I love Herbalife and have been on it for a year (off and on) but I also do the business for the discount on my own product.
  • melliamsburg
    melliamsburg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently learned taking one snack defense right before sleep helps boost your metabolism. "It's the equivalent to walking 2 miles in your sleep" - Mr. David Hayes :) I know you're on the right track with your water intake and herbalife plan, my only question is are you strength training along with cardio? My results are taking some time but I already notice the difference if I go one day skipping a workout or deviating from herbalife. Hopefully you aren't starving, but if you are and you're working out I definitely recommend the protein bars as a snack! Not the "flavored" ones, the ones that say 'protein bar, peanut butter' and such. Can't wait for your first month's results! :)
  • melliamsburg
    melliamsburg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy is not free. In fact it's a financial burden. I don't know about the person that was conned or what both sides of the story might be, all I know is I went to a nutrition club in Lompoc CA and met my weight loss goals a lot faster with Herbalife. Needed to lose 22 pounds to join the Air Force and achieved my goal in two month's time along with running, biking and strength training. Was not talked into other products, simply had a cup of tea and chocolate shake in the morning every day. On days I worked super hard I went back for a second shake to replace what I thought was a healthy meal. It's easy to get fat eating "healthy" too if you don't keep track of your caloric intake and cheat 'every once in a while.' I found adding Herbalife to my fitness plan so far has saved me $300 worth of healthy food in a month's time since I've started. Each shake has more nutritional value than one might think. The extra products are there so you can customize it to meet your health goals and needs.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    There are several of us on MFP who use Herbalife with great success. Check out the link below and you'll find a group there.
    :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/5979-herbalife-summer-2012
  • ColleenCarol
    Options
    Hi, very new to message boards...looking for,some email herbalife friends. 44 year old, going through a difficult divorce with three teenagers. American living in south east Asia, I have been on herbalife the past month or so with no results(really having trouble with the snacking at night)

I do feel committed to the diet, and I know it's not for anyone, but I like the structure and I have to say drinking the aloe water andthe vitamins have made me feel more energized and I haven't been ill. When everything else in my life is at a stressful time, the diet provides me with structure not having to think what to have for breakfast and lunch.

Would really like so email "friends", as the local herbalife coach is great there is some translation issues, and in general socially not much for me, to speak with others on herbalife..

Really hope to get,some responses...thanks:)
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    I've been doing herbalife for about 4 weeks now and have so far lost 8lbs. i am really enjoying doing it and as a busy mum of special needs twins, I feel that it fits into my lifestyle very well as i would often skip valuable meals during the day whereas now, I just make my shakes up the night before and then I can grab them on the go. I don't use any of the vitamins as I feel they are a bit of a con - I can buy perfectly good vitamins from the chemist/health food shops that are just as effective and much cheaper. I do however, love the peach tea because it is gorgeous and drink it with hot water or as a spritzer. I also really like the protein bars when I need a healthier alternative to chocolate. I do have the protein powder but I only use this on Shakeblast days. All in all, I really enjoy it. Also our local distributor runs free fitclubs for her members so i don't really find it all that expensive either, because I don't have to pay for gym membership, and i know that when i have been on 'diets' in the past, I have spent insane amounts of money on healthy foods, whereas with herbalife, i know the price of 2 weeks worth of meals upfront and it works out much cheaper. In the evenings I tend to eat the same as the rest of the family, but just watch my portions and try to restrict the amount of carbs i have - usually keep my evening meal between 600-800 calories. Good luck with your Herbalife journey and feel free to add me :-) xx
  • louisalexander24
    Options
    I'm on herbalife. It took time to convince, because that's just the way I am. But im happy I'm on it. Even though I worked out alot, I still had that stomach. Now I lost 5 inches, 26lbs. But im going to take it to the next level and I want to be in a magazine one day. But with any weight loss, know that it's a lifestyle not a diet.
  • yhateme1
    yhateme1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the herbal tea only the orginal though. I have the aloe but i never use it... does it help you go?
  • edenalex31
    Options
    I started Herablife yesterday , would love some friends :smile:
  • samcantu7
    samcantu7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started herbal life yesterday and I was wondering if it's bad to drink the tea throughout the day I heard you could drink it if you weigh double your goal weight, I weigh 20 pounds over my goal weight but i was curious if it would hurt to drink it all day? I'm drinking it with concentrated aloe and the fiber
  • YoFitnessLyfestyle
    Options
    Hello all, I drink the herbalife tea daily. I just purchased the Prolessa. Has anyone tried mixing the Prolessa with anything else besides the shake? I was wondering if it still works if I add to my tea or add to a cup of water.