What are your "go to" high protein snacks and easy meals?

AZDizzy
AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
I travel quite a bit for work (most of the time). I've gone to 40-30-30. I'm consistently not hitting my protein level and worry about it. Even though I'm only doing bodyweight strength training, i am doing it.

Most of my snacks are either cheese or fruit or veggies. I need your best easy and fast protein ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    protein shake, eggs, cottage cheese
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Greek yogurt and peanuts. 300cals, 20g of protein.
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    String cheese (50 calories 7g of protein)
    I have a protein beverage mix (tastes like juice) that is 70 calories for 15g of protein
    Cottage cheese (which may be hard if you don't have a refrigerator)
    Greek Yogurt (also hard if you don't have a way to chill it)

You can buy protein powder that you stir into any food. My weakness is mashed potatoes, so I stir it into them to make them better for me.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to say brands or not on here, still new to the forum. If you want to know the brands of any of the foods just message me :)
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    I usually have jerky (any kind) or cheese.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 177 Member
    Greek yogurt and eggs. I have the opposite problem; I go over on protein all the time.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    I like fat free cream cheese to add to sandwiches, desserts, snacks, omelettes. Great to use in place of butter. Has no fat, adds moisture and creaminess, and a great source of protein and calcium. It's a great tool !
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    greek yogurt is really good, peanutbutter too. and rice pudding is a nice treat with some protein
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    edamame beans, frozen and in individual pcacket.
    yougurt
    Cottage cheese and madarin oranges
    thin sliced turkey with hot mustard....roll it up.
    nuts
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    I tend to go for eggs, cottage cheese, roasted chickpeas, greek yoghurt or some normal stilton cheese.
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    I travel quite a bit for work (most of the time). I've gone to 40-30-30. I'm consistently not hitting my protein level and worry about it. Even though I'm only doing bodyweight strength training, i am doing it.

Most of my snacks are either cheese or fruit or veggies. I need your best easy and fast protein ideas. Thanks!
    3oz of turkey jerky
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 323 Member
    Peanuts or Pistachios
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    celery and peanut butter
    almond butter
    walnuts and cashews
    walnuts and apple
    eggs - salad or scrambled.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    canned chicken breast, tuna and sardines. :drinker:
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    We buy ground turkey and mix it with pasta sauce then put over instant potatoes...quick..easy...and protein.
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    tuna steak
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    greek yoghurt with a scoop of protein powder, makes a yummy pudding !
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Greek yogurt is my fav
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    I always keep a carton of Ensure High Protein in the refrigerator. When I have a feeling I'll be low on protein, I'll start my morning off with 25g of protein with Ensure. Atkins has one too with less sugar. I also like to use the Double Protein Bread.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Nice big piece of chicken, greek yogurt or eggs. Love all three. maybe not together though
  • joanneonline
    joanneonline Posts: 158
    EAS protein shakes, Turkey Jerky (though higher in sodium), Kroger Carbmaster yogurt with Kellog's Protein Plus cereal and ALWAYS - a pint of Arctic Zero :)