I need help, when I sit...

Options
My thighs spread and I have rolls on my stomach. They're not there when I stand though--so weird. So how can I tone my stomach and rolls? I really just want to lose fat in those areas and tone without getting bulky.

Please help. Also I hate heavy weights.

Replies

• Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Get a razor and shave better. That's not fat it's hair.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my stomach. It looks like a pack of hotdogs when I sit down. My arm fat also spreads when I have them hanging down to my sides. How do I keep that from happening?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I use the flotation method for that--never put the arms all the way down. just leave them hovering.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Image not posting with [ img] tag...

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    My thighs spread and I have rolls on my stomach. They're not there when I stand though--so weird. So how can I tone my stomach and rolls? I really just want to lose fat in those areas and tone without getting bulky.

Please help. Also I hate heavy weights.

I actually see the rolls on your stomach when I squint. It's a shame, you have such a pretty face.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    These posts are starting to get a bit played out...
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wrap cellophane around your waist every day before you go to work. That will tone you right up.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights will not make you bulky. I LOVE lifting weights, and I'm not huge. It actually works relatively quickly, too, if you stick with it.
    To lose the fat, weight-lifting along with decent dietary habits is the best way to go, in my experience. Build some muscle (one pound of muscle is roughly 1/3 the size of one pound of fat, so no, you won't get huge) and burn fat at the same time with weights. It's not so bad, and you don't have to go SUPER heavy.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options

ikr. so skinny. no complaining allowed hehe
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options

That's not what I was referring to... this is obviously a troll post I can see this turning into the "what does tone mean" post all over again...
  • rlt2005
    rlt2005 Posts: 15
    Options
    They have a procedure for the stomach thing. Saw it on the news the other day. It's like a laser procedure or something. Idk, I'm far from that point.
    Options

That's not what I was referring to... this is obviously a troll post I can see this turning into the "what does tone mean" post all over again...

and you're not allowed to get tired of these posts---you're 400 posts into your MFP career and if you don't like it then don't participate.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You have like absolutely no body fat. I don't think you have anything to worry about sweetie!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ok, i get it. eat a teaspoon of cinnamon powder every day, the fat'll melt right off.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

it's a funny, harmless sort of trolling that reminds us that a lot of the things we stress about really aren't worth stressing about.

personally, i get tiny muffin tops over my boots, and muffin-bottoms beneath my calf-length leggins. :O

^i'm for serious about the muffin-bottoms bit, and clearly i am silly enough to even notice this. when i see a post like this, though, it becomes something to laugh about, just as it should be. see? not so bad.
    Options

it's a funny, harmless sort of trolling that reminds us that a lot of the things we stress about really aren't worth stressing about.

personally, i get tiny muffin tops over my boots, and muffin-bottoms beneath my calf-length leggins. :O

^i'm for serious about the muffin-bottoms bit, and clearly i am silly enough to even notice this. when i see a post like this, though, it becomes something to laugh about, just as it should be. see? not so bad.

thank you. someone who gets it :flowerforyou:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This is normal and relates to the way your weight distributes while sitting. The way you get rid of this is simply to lose body fat. Keep doing what you are doing... Eat less and move more. Crunches will help tone the underlying muscle but fat just sits there... It is soft tissue and cannot be toned. There is no such thing as spot reduction either.. Just keep dropping the pounds and eventually, it will go away... (usually the last to go)
    Options
    This is normal and relates to the way your weight distributes while sitting. The way you get rid of this is simply to lose body fat. Keep doing what you are doing... Eat less and move more. Crunches will help tone the underlying muscle but fat just sits there... It is soft tissue and cannot be toned. There is no such thing as spot reduction either.. Just keep dropping the pounds and eventually, it will go away... (usually the last to go)

so how much weight should i lose? how many calories would you recommend?