Big Jacket potato for tea, night before weigh in day..

Options
will it effect my results tomorrow morning!? :/

Replies

• foreverangel
    Options
    anyone know??
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with potatoes.

You'll have to wait and see.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would affect me, but if carbs tend to make you retain water, I suppose it could. This is exactly why I prefer to weigh every day, so I don't have to worry about "what if my weigh-in day happens to be the day I am fluctuating upward?"
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What's a jacket potato? Is that like a baked potato? Sorry, but I had to ask...
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you've eaten since you last weighed. One large spud (400 cals or so) will not make any difference.
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day - just so I can see how different foods make my weight fluctuate,

For me, if I eat anything like potatoes or bread I will gain at least .5lb the next morning but it always goes again by the following day
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    Yup, exactly the same thing. I think it's a uk thing, that we tend to call them jacket potatoes.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

It's a baked potato in the UK :p
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Im in UK and to me it's a jacket potato... no idea why though :-/ Have mental images now of little potatoes in tuxedos!!!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options

Im in UK and to me it's a jacket potato... no idea why though :-/ Have mental images now of little potatoes in tuxedos!!!

Sorry, I meant "It's what they call a baked potato in the UK" :p
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Even if it does affect your results, it will only be as a result of the actual weight of the food, I imagine. Baked potatoes can come in pretty big sizes, and add a filling too, but I consider them relatively healthy depending on what you have with them, and actually lost weight when I had them every evening for a few weeks once.
  • foreverangel
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i only lost one pound last week so was really hoping to be back to 3lb loss which is how its been every week so far. I did lose 2lbs though which is better! Its probably slowing down now i guess.

And i had a jacket (baked) potato with chili for my tea/dinner (whichever you call it! :p)

Thanks though! I'm back on track!