im stuck!! pls help!!

Options
i have been stuck to the same weight now for a couple of weeks. its between 204-205 lbs and is not shifting?

i try a variety of foods and if i go over the calories i adjust the next day.i dont eat much break and junk foods but allow myself he odd slice on the wekend.
i aim to drink 8 cups of water aswell. (i fill up a jug with water and add ice and lemon slices and also 0 calorie sweetener. Does it still class as water)?

i try a variety of breakfasts eggs, yoghurt, cereal,fruit aswell...

also as i had some issues with my kidneys and cannot exercise much i go for walks for an hour or more which i gain calories. and use some.

anyhting im doing wrong?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How much do you eat daily?
    How tall are you?
    Age?
    Height?
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Couldn't see your diary so I'm not much help looking at what you are eating. We all get stuck on plateaus now and again. As to the water question you will get many different opinions on this site and mine is that it is still water - according to my doctor it is water, it does not change because you add lemon slices. I personally love Mio and add it to my water all the time; purests will say it is no longer water but that is not true according to the medical side which I tend to believe over random posters. As to getting off of the plateau I have always found that switching up what I am doing for a few days usually works - change food intake up or down, vary execise (time, type, etc.). I leave a lot of exercise calories on the table and occassionally eat fewer than 1200 per day (and I don't beleive in the "starvation mode" hype either. This has been working for me but we are all different. Best of luck!
  • tinamaan1976
    tinamaan1976 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    im 35 year old
    5ft 10
    i eat 1340 cals daily
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    im 35 year old
    5ft 10
    i eat 1340 cals daily

Well your BMR is about 1700 so you wont lose much at 1300.
    My suggestion is to eat 1800 daily and dont log your workouts.
    Or
    Log workouts but put in 1 calorie burned.
    Net 1800 daily and you will lose fat.
    Protein and Fat should be set to 30% each.
    Eat your macros daily and the fat will come off.
  • tinamaan1976
    Options
    thanks will try this...
    what do you mean by macros?
    sorry all this is new for me had to ask...

so doing 1340 cals is wrong? i had put al my details and thats what it suggested...
  • tinamaan1976
    Options
    and do you mean to leave it as 1340 and as hard or long i work out just add that i have burned 1 calorie?
    even today i walked for an hour i gained 316 cals.
  • tinamaan1976
    Options
    And do I do this for a few days and go back to 1340 or for a few months?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    And do I do this for a few days and go back to 1340 or for a few months?

No.

Eat it everyday till you stop losing fat.
    =D
  • bufflo
    bufflo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Any exercise can cause a temporary weight gain. It is temporary as this really is water weight. When you exercise the muscle capilaries will expand to allow nutrients to reach the muscle fibers. The nutrients are carried by water. So, the muscles will fill with water. Bodbuilders use this effect just before a competition to make the muscles larger just before they go on stage. They call it the pump. If you weigh daily you will see this happening just after a day of heavy exercise. It's a healthy response. As far as the plateau I have reached these a few times. The post in this thread about changing things is right on. During the process of losing body fat you will do more than just cut calories such as adding an exercise activity here and there. These interrupt the linear loss of weight somtimes with the addition of water weight. But, as long as you are eating clean then it is nothing to worry about. Your body will adjust and be healthier for the adjustment.

The main thing is not to give up. Keep eating clean, exercising, and don't get discouraged. You might want to take other body measurements to better see your progress. Waist, chest, thighs are all good measurments. Sometimes you will see your waist size decrease even when your weight isn't changing and that is even more encouraging then actual weight loss because, that means you are replacing some of your body fat with lean muscle. Lean muscle is healthy and today's society really likes the look of lean muscle.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    How fast do you walk? If you walk for an hour a day and you are just strolling along...well that's better than nothing, but not going to do much for fat burn. I walk every day too but I walk at 5mph. If you can, pick up the pace. You want to break a good sweat with your walking.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I think what Dan is saying is that you should try eating around 1800 cals per day instead of 1340. Do you eat the calories you earn through exercise? That may put you at about the same place.

Often if you eat more, you will break through a plateau and will continue losing weight on the higher calories.

Macros are macronutrients -- carbs, protein and fat. MFP sets you up with a certain proportion of each but the carbs are high so many recommend changing them. You can do that under settings/goals I think.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    How fast do you walk? If you walk for an hour a day and you are just strolling along...well that's better than nothing, but not going to do much for fat burn. I walk every day too but I walk at 5mph. If you can, pick up the pace. You want to break a good sweat with your walking.

False.

Walking is actually better than running.
    Less stress and less impact on the joints.
    A good 4-5 pace should be perfect.
  • tinamaan1976
    Options
    Hi there I try to change the fat and protein to 30% but when I change one the other automatically changes to a diffrent percentage. What should I add for carbs??
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Hi there I try to change the fat and protein to 30% but when I change one the other automatically changes to a diffrent percentage. What should I add for carbs??

40 for carbs, 30 each for fat and protein. It has to add to 100. Just remember its a guideline and it's not the end of the world if you go over or under on one of them. Total calories are more important IMO.
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Guys, what is macros? Please tell... :blushing:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

False.

Where in my post did I say anything about running?? read my post again. LOL
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Guys, what is macros? Please tell... :blushing:

MacroNutrients are protein, fat and carbohydrates.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    i have been stuck to the same weight now for a couple of weeks. its between 204-205 lbs and is not shifting?

i try a variety of foods and if i go over the calories i adjust the next day.i dont eat much break and junk foods but allow myself he odd slice on the wekend.
    i aim to drink 8 cups of water aswell. (i fill up a jug with water and add ice and lemon slices and also 0 calorie sweetener. Does it still class as water)?

i try a variety of breakfasts eggs, yoghurt, cereal,fruit aswell...

also as i had some issues with my kidneys and cannot exercise much i go for walks for an hour or more which i gain calories. and use some.

anyhting im doing wrong?

If you go over the calories do you eat less than 1340 the next day so that you get the same weekly amount of calories?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

False.

Where in my post did I say anything about running?? read my post again. LOL

It seemed to me you were saying here...
    well that's better than nothing, but not going to do much for fat burn.

This is false.
    You actually can mobilize more oxidized fat while walking as opposed to moving at a faster pace.
    the 5 pace is correct but the implication that you wont burn as much fat is incorrect.
    Also If OP decided to walk while fasted she would actually burn more fat as long as shes exhausted her glycogen stores from her liver.
  • tinamaan1976
    Options
    I try not to go over but if I do I do less the next day.