New member few questions ????

Options
Hi there

I've just joined today !!
So do I track all my food and this system will calculate my calories and any exercise it adds on more calories which I have to eat is that right !!

I joined this because I've been on weight watchers since February this year and recently for the last month only lost half a pound :-(
My team leader said I'm not eating enough for the exercise output that I am doing !!

Hope this app helps !!

Any tips or advice to loose weight would be much appreciated !!

I'm 5"11 and 14.4 stone and I'm
24 so young but so heavy :-(

Replies

• rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome Debbie To MFP, Congratulations Making The First Step!! There is a lot of encouragement and support and a lot of great people here. I hope your having a great Saturday:):)
  • Debbie_baby2012
    Options
    Hi Martin

Thanks for the welcome !!
    What's your progress been on MFP?
  • case87
    case87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I've been a member for a while, but just recently started getting serious about tracking everything. I used to do well for a couple of days, have a bad day, and give up. I finally decided enough was enough and I was doing this this time.

To answer your questions:

According to the site, you should eat back your exercise calories. I have my settings set as sedentary, since I work in an office. Every extra exercise I do, I add in. If I mow, I wear my heart rate monitor, and add those calories in (you'd be surprised at the calories you burn pushing a mower around in 100+ degree heat). If I go to the gym, I add that in. I have always allowed myself to eat back the exercise calories, as long as I'm hungry. I will not force myself to eat them, as long as I've netted 1200 calories (calories eaten- calories exercised off = 1200). However, you will have plenty of people on here tell you that there is no reason to eat back your exercise calories, there's no such thing as starvation mode, etc. Honestly, you have to find what works for you, but I can tell you I've lost 16 pounds in about 2 months while eating mine.

I used to do Weight Watchers, but that was back when fruits and vegetables still had points and such, so I don't know how it all works out now.

Feel free to add me. I love extra support and try to be supportive too!

-Casey
  • case87
    Options
    I forgot to tell you that I'm a 5' 7" 25 year old woman, and I have about 75 pounds to lose until I'm at my first "goal weight". Then I'll re-assess and decide if I want to continue to lose.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I agree with Debbie - you need to find what works for you. I have been on here about 7 weeks and lost 24 pounds. I love it! It does all of the work for you and everyone is very encouraging and supportive.

Feel free to add me as a friend!

Good luck on your life changing journey!
  • Debbie_baby2012
    Options
    Hi guys thanks for your input I have now added you as friends :-)

I love this site already at least I can count my calories and know exactly what I've eaten x

Ok I will continue to count my calories and eat my exercise calories as I'm hungry for them anyways !
    It's such a great app!!

I'll weigh myself next week and see if anythings changed ??
    Any tips to lose weight? ....
    Is it just eat ur calories and your exercise point and life will be rosey !
  • case87
    Options
    First, please forgive me for any crazy spelling. I'm on the site on my phone, attempting to use my swype text.

I asked my doctor about how to lose weight. His answer: eat less calories in a fast than your body uses in a day. I've learned the hard way that there is no quick answer. I didn't put it all on in a day. I won't lose it in a day either. It sucks, but I'd rather do it the right way, as slow as it is, than do some fad diet and put it all back on. I've done that before.

As for motivation, I read the forums a lot. I love the success stories. If you want a healthier way to make brownies, search it on here. It's almost guaranteed that someone has posted about it before. I also learned not to weigh myself every day. I do it about once a week.

That's all I have for now! Have a great weekend!!
  • case87
    Options
    Eat less calories in a day*** (not in a fast. :) )