Work out NSVs

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
When I started dieting back in Dec 11: I could do 15 minutes on the tread mill at 3.5 incline and 3.0 max speed.
Now: Every other day, I do 60 minutes at a 15 incline and I vary the speed from 3.7 to 4.1

Mid May 12: Started running every other day. I have a torn ACL. Which makes running an adventure.
Started with a half mile at 5.0 speed with zero incline
Now: 1.75 miles at 6.5 to 7.0 speed at zero incline.

Mid May 12: Started with weight machines. Minimal weights on all machines.
Now: 60-100 pounds on the machines. Depending on the machine.

June 1 2012: Could not do one pull up
Today: 3 pull ups.

I am pretty psyched.

Replies

• brennamurphy42
    Options
    Those are all so great! Keep up the good work!
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for showing us change is possible if we work for it
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When I first started, doing 3 burpees and a 20 second plank left me feeling shaky and exhausted...

Now I can do 10 REAL pushups (no knees), plank for 40seconds on front and sides (sides while lifting leg up and down), I have moved my dumbells up from 10lbs to 30lbs, and I can runa half mile without puking on myself :)

Oh, and I joined the Army 2 weeks ago!

Slow and steady wins the race!
  • shoyrob
    shoyrob Posts: 25
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Nov/11 treadmill for 15mins at 3.0mph and 0% incline = exhausted

today: treadmill for 60mins up to 3.7mph walking or 4.5mph jogging (for short bursts tho) at inclines up to 9% dependent on speed

I was testing out my new HRM and needed to work up a sweat for it to register accurately. So I jogged, without thinking about jogging, for up to a minute without agonizing effort. Just 2-3 months ago, that 1 min jog would have nearly killed me :)

I think the 9% inclines have really sculpted my calf muscles. Once all the padding has melted off, I'll have killer calves!!
  • pstrac
    pstrac Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow I'm really quite jealous of your amazing progress ^^
    I've been running now for about 2 weeks doing long slow runs. I'm finding it so difficult to increase my pace whatsoever! I'm not really looking to start weights but looks like you've done well there too in such a short time!

Paul
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    I never liked the treadmill, but in recent weeks I have learnedly to love it... when I started back (reluctantly) on the treadmill, my incline was 6 with a speed of 3.5. Now I can do 15 minutes of an.incline of 15 and a speed of 4.1. I can also run at 6.5 for two or three minutes. Working.on building that up.

Way back.in January, the most resistance I could do on the elliptical was about a 7. Now I can do resistance 20. I love the burn!!!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'm psyched for you. This is fan-freaking-tastic!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!