Hi, new here, looking for friends to help,

Options
I'm 37 years old, 5.4ft I started mfp on wed, weighed in at 154.6lbs, today Sunday I now weigh 152.0lbs, is it normal to lose this much in 3days? Or am I doing something wrong? I am following the amount of caleries I'm allowed to have and am always well under, so I lowered it to 1980 calories from 2000 is this wrong?

Replies

• builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Ive lost 3 pounds over night and then gained it back in a few days. Small differences in weight are strange. Its the overall weight lost over a week or more that will telll you if you're actually losing weight. :)
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there and welcome to what I think is the best site for weightloss and more for motivation and support from a great group of friends you will make on here so have fun and as for the sudden weight drop dont worry its your body starting to change but you will see after a few weeks so again have fun and welcome.
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think that's fine. The first few days I started on MFP I lost 4lbs, but I think that was due to my body being shocked I wasn't eating rubbish food anymore! Well done on your weight loss btw!
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Pretty normal.
    I'd only start to worry if this happens consistently but if you're on 2000cals, I'm sure it will slow down to a more sensible/sustainable rate.

Well done so far!
  • barber2k3
    barber2k3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll check in again after a whole week of dieting, thanks for the replies every one. And the friend requests. But as I'm new to this I'm not sure how to except the requests yet! Lol