Pool Party

Options
So I am a little nervous. I recently lost 200 pounds and look good with clothes on but my upper body is not as tight as I want it just yet. I am going to a pool party today and next weekend. In my mind, the people that I know there will be curious to wee what I look like with my shirt off. I am not quite sure if I am ready to show them because my goal was to have it completely tight by August 10th. Advice?

Replies

• goddamnelectric
    Options
    Yep, you've lost 200 lbs. That's AMAZING! Be proud of how far you've come!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way; how much more confident would be in taking off your shirt now compared to 200lbs ago? Are you proud of what you accomplished?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options

Thanks but what do you think about the shirt on or off issue. I could wear a wife beater and be comfortable but I dont want to start feeling akward if they start saying take it all the way off. I need a few more weeks before I showoff my reall tight body.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Think about it this way; how much more confident would be in taking off your shirt now compared to 200lbs ago? Are you proud of what you accomplished?

Thats an awesoem way to look at it. Thanks for that.
  • goddamnelectric
    Options

Thanks but what do you think about the shirt on or off issue. I could wear a wife beater and be comfortable but I dont want to start feeling akward if they start saying take it all the way off. I need a few more weeks before I showoff my reall tight body.

Just remember how much more confident you are now compared to 200lbs ago. I'm sure your friends will be amazed.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is your journey. You have done amazingly well. But you are not anyone's lab rat. So do what feels comfortable to you. Whatever that is and only you know. Shirt on, shirt off, it does not minimize your journey. Those who love you will be so happy to see a happy healthy you. Period. Have fun. It will be a long summer full of swimming. That's the focus. Summer fun with loved ones! :drinker: Cheers to you! Keep us posted. And happy 200 lbs!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just creeped your pics...you are amazing! :heart:

Show whatever you feel comfortable showing. But above all, be DAMN PROUD of yourself!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I feel like this is your journey. You have done amazingly well. But you are not anyone's lab rat. So do what feels comfortable to you. Whatever that is and only you know. Shirt on, shirt off, it does not minimize your journey. Those who love you will be so happy to see a happy healthy you. Period. Have fun. It will be a long summer full of swimming. That's the focus. Summer fun with loved ones! :drinker: Cheers to you! Keep us posted. And happy 200 lbs!

Thanks.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Wow! I just creeped your pics...you are amazing! :heart:

Show whatever you feel comfortable showing. But above all, be DAMN PROUD of yourself!

Thanks appreciate that. Getting ready to head over to the pool now. Thanks for the kind words.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Im back. There was no pressure or funny looks. I had on a wife beater and I felt very comfortable. All went well. Thanks for all the kind words and advice. You all are great.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So I am a little nervous. I recently lost 200 pounds and look good with clothes on but my upper body is not as tight as I want it just yet. I am going to a pool party today and next weekend. In my mind, the people that I know there will be curious to wee what I look like with my shirt off. I am not quite sure if I am ready to show them because my goal was to have it completely tight by August 10th. Advice?

You. Are. AMAZING. Our bodies are constantly a work in progress, and if you allow yourself, you will never be ready to "show off." Hell, show off to YOURSELF how freaking BOSS you are! <3
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

You. Are. AMAZING. Our bodies are constantly a work in progress, and if you allow yourself, you will never be ready to "show off." Hell, show off to YOURSELF how freaking BOSS you are! <3

Thanks Dear! Appreciate those kind words.