Protein Powder - What's your favorite brand & flavor?

Options

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I would also not buy anything that has more than 24g of protein per serving. My physician told me that our kidneys can't get rid of any more than that at one time and that REALLY large servings of protein at one time can make your kidneys work too hard and eventually damage them. Has anyone else been told this?

Ever see how much protein is in a nice steak?
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    Based on quality, purity and taste:

Premier Research Labs Whey Protein and/or Omega Nutrution Certified Organic Pumpkin Seed Protein Powder
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I use EAS choc
  • aray1107
    aray1107 Posts: 75
    Options
    I use Dream Protein- Vanilla. It's really the only kind I've tried, but it's actually very good. I sometimes just add milk and shake it up in a blender ball and drink it that way, but it's good to add it to smoothies too with fruit, which adds extra flavor along with your protein. :)
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Syntha 6 Chocolate, usually buy it from Amazon.

Last month, I also ordered 2 lbs of Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate. Based on the reviews, it should have tasted great. I did not like it at all. I gave the container to my 22 year old son and his roommates to share.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    I like the BSN Lean Dessert Protein, it's got 150 cals per serving but its the best flavor for the budget I'm working with. If I do the auto-delivery on amazon it's less than a dollar per serving. I get the Whipped Vanilla Cream and the Chocolate Fudge Pudding flavors. I usually mix with Organic Soy Milk.
  • LanaMcL
    LanaMcL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    http://www.myprotein.com/UK/products/impact_whey_protein

have tried cookies and cream, strawberry and cream, banana (all delicious), toffee, chocolate smooth (these two are lovely but a little sweet) and vanilla (which was nice too)

Recently our breakfast - 1 scoop, tablespoon of peanut butter, 200ml soya milk an half a banana whizzed up. Reallly nice!
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Muscle Pharm, Cookies and Cream!
  • donnat55
    donnat55 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been using Dymatize Nutrition Elite Whey Protein Isolate. Both the rich chocolate and gourmet vanilla taste good to me, but I've been mixing them with almond milk, not water.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I like Whey Strawberry Flavour, next time I want to try the Vanilla or cookies and cream x
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i use gold standard, any flavor is good but currently i'm in love with the cookies n cream version.

also i use protein supplements as a different way to help me reach my protein goals. i honestly i dont like eating a lot of meat mainly because i hate having to cook it :laugh: plus i get really really really sick of eating eggs
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    VEGA ONE- VANILLA CHAI
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    vanilla. idc what brand it is as long as the macros look good.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    VEGA ONE- VANILLA CHAI

omfg that sounds amazing. O_O where do you order from?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly have a favorite. They all seem to taste pretty much the same. I buy whatever I can get the most of at the best price that is the healthiest. I almost always prefer the chocolate flavor over vanilla. Vanilla seems to be better if you're making actual shakes or smoothies. I just use a shaker bottle and the chocolate just tastes better over vanilla in that.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein - Chocolate Peanut Butter. I use a cup of low-carb milk, some sugar-free peanut butter syrup to kick up the flavor, and blend it with a lot of ice. It's been one of my favorite treats.
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard and I get it from GNC or online from a bunch of different places. I really like the banana creme flavor and also the Strawberry, I think they taste really good with just water but are even better with some milk. They are about 120 caloreies per scoop but you get 24 grams of protein from it. Just ordered the Chocolate malt flavor this week, can't wait to try it.

^^This. My favorite flavor is Cookies & cream.
  • missmelissavpk
    missmelissavpk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress in Vanilla Flavor 30g of protein per scoop. I use 1/2 scoop (75 calories) in a cup of plain greek yogurt with a little bit of artificial sweetner to make it yummy. A great snack, and the tub of protein powder lasts a LONG time!
  • getfit357
    getfit357 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Pure Protein Complete from Young Living. I know it is 100% safe and effective. Here are a few reasons why:
    + A full range of ultra-bioactive, non-denatured amino acids.
    + The highest protein efficiency ratio to build more muscle.
    + Optimal protein absorption with complementary vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
    + Sustained protein metabolism and reduced muscle breakdown.
    + Low glycemic index with no artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose, etc.) or super sweeteners
    (e.g., Ace-K, high fructose corn syrup).

Here is a link to info: https://www.youngliving.org/rs_ord_item_detail_popup.asp?ITEM_CODE=3291&IS_GUEST_SHOPPING_MODE=0&CC=

Cost is $44.75

I do not like anything from GNC. I don't believe they are truly reputable and disclose everything. One reason: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/gnc-supplements_n_1304493.html

Send me a message if you want more info on the Pure Protein Complete.